Chapter 7 – Spend the time wisely with her
368 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daddy? 

Yuan stood still full of doubt, he dazed off trying to remember if he had forgotten something.

"Daddy?" Yuyu loosens her embrace and looks up. "Daddy?" She tilted her head slowly, tears slowly began to fall on her cheeks again, she was thinking, what if her daddy doesn't believe her?

Beta stared at the father and daughter from the corner, she remained there because of her guilt. She was silently shrieking on the thought of Yuan skinning her alive, she could only light a candle for herself as she sees flashes of great memories she had with Princess Yuyu.

Yuan finally shaken off from his gaze, he then looked down to see Yuyu crying terribly.

He placed the plate in top of the cabinet that was near the door, he raised one of  his hands as he slowly patted Yuyu in the head.

By that action, Yuyu's crying stopped. 

She rubbed her eyes as she stared at Yuan pitifully. 

Yuan continued to pat Yuyu's head and he asked, "What's your name, little one?" 

"Leng Yu" Yuyu responded with a smile, her smile was so big that her eyes became cresents.

"Leng...isnt  that my last name?" Yuan thought, he took a quick glance at Yuyu and found out that she indeed resembles someone alot.

"Who is your mother?" Yuan asked Yuyu who was now playing with his hands. 

Yuyu then gave a straight answer, "My mother's name is Li Yishen." 

Yuyu then looked up, she frowned when she could only see her father's strange expression. She raised her index finger and booped Yuan's cheeks. 

As she did so, she laughed. Yuan still had the strange expression which made her think she done wrong, she retrieved her finger and started to reflect. 

Suddenly, Yuan embraced her. She was caught off guard which made her panic a bit, but knowing it was her father, she felt relieved.

"When was your birthday?" Yuan asked, he remained embracing Yuyu in his arms as he rested his head on her back. 

"March 12." Yuyu answers attentively.

Yuan then loosens his embrace and turned Yuyu to face him, he stared at her feeling  a sudden burst of excitement.

"Am I really your dad? Are you really my daughter?" Yuan asked Yuyu feeling a little distressed. 

Yuyu raised her hand and touched Yuan's forehead, she then touched her lip with her pinky as she tried to figure out if her father wasn't feeling well. 

She then nodded upon hearing the question, she leaned closer to Yuan and kissed his cheeks, she then replied, "Mommy loved Daddy a lot, she even hangs portraits of him in the castle. She often speaks of you disappearing all of a sudden, not even learning about a great news she was going to tell daddy. But now, daddy finally meets great news within his arms. Daddy must be feeling confused right now, but Yuyu understands how he could feel.

In truth, Yuyu wasn't supposed to be out here first. But I am happy I went out first because I finally met Daddy." 

Yuan glanced at his daughter, he finally had the answer and could feel himself with warmth overtaking inside. How good was it? It was great pleasure for him to receive such a cute and loving daughter. 

He had only heard about the good things and was about to miss the importance in the second to last sentence. 

"Your supposed not to be here?" Yuan raised an eyebrow as he stared at Yuyu.

Yuyu covered her  mouth in fear, she had spoken so much, now her father would label her as a disobedient brat. 

"Mm." Yuyu spoke out in cold sweat, she couldn't say that it was by mistake, right?

Yuan raised his fingers and flickered at Yuyu's forehead, he then said, "You shouldn't be disobeying the orders of your mom, she would be worried because you were gone?" 

After a short pause, Yuan then asked Yuyu, "Were the other world the cause of the 'Gate's appearances?" 

Yuyu rubbed her forehead and nodded, "En." 

Yuan raised his hand to pat Yuyu's head again and apologized for his actions. He then asked, "Why did the other world open these 'Gates' ?"

Yuyu leaned forward to his chest and rubbed her head, she then replied, "A game and a rescue." 

"Rescue? Game?" Yuan scratched his head in confusion. He wanted to ask more from his daughter but he decided to spend the time wisely with her since he wasn't there in her life. 

He then pinched both of Yuyu's cheeks and kissed her forehead. 

He then reached out for the plate he had placed in top of the cabinet and gave Yuyu a serving.

Yuyu's eyes shone brighter than the stars. "Yummy!" she praised Yuan's delicious cooking, how wonderful was it for her to eat her father's dishes, it was truly a delicacy. 

As Yuan kept on feeding his lovely daughter, Beta stared at them with a broken heart. 

Her thigh was bleeding, her heart was in chaos and her tummy was depleted because of hunger.

Growl 

Beta' s long and sharp eyes began to fall and it covered her eyes in embarrassment.

Growl 

The sound of her stomach was much louder than before, Yuan finally noticed her and took out some servings and gave Beta a plate. 

Beta looked at Yuan with fear, she was muddled with thoughts like what if the king would be deeply annoyed by her behaviour? Does she have to accept the food? 

"Eat, dont starve." Yuan spoke out and he returned back to his daughter, and indeed, just like what Beta thought, he was deeply annoyed by her.

It's just that the rabbit had been there with his daughter, although she disturbed his time with his little princess, he was still kind hearted as before.

Beta munched on her food in joy, delicious! Amazing! Was the king such a great cook?

But her praises then turned into a  nightmare for her when she thought what rabbit meat tastes like....

Don't turn cannibal, Beta..

4