day 0.5 – Adventure starts
17 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I noticed now that I am somewhat bad at maintaining tense... I will fix this; if you still find errors, leave a comment so I can learn from my mistakes.


I couldn't wait to get started so I gave a command, "Butterfly, show the quests!"

What I saw next was perhaps the least quest like quest in existence... it was simply a request for information.

So what news do you have for me?
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Location: Anywhere
  • Prerequisites: n/a
  • Discover something interesting
  • Obtain some form of proof
Information is a valuable commodity, and secrets are precious.
Did you hear something interesting? Eavesdrop on some gossip?
Tell me what news you bear, traveler, and perhaps we'll pay you if it's worthwhile.

I thought to myself, 'Information is incredibly valuable, and I know that the Guild is currently experiencing a shortage of supplies, they need food, something that gives a meaning to currency, which will hold the archipelago together... I suppose their desperation is my ticket for a ride to 'West Landing'.'

When I left the building, I saw a Flying Bison, which was taking all adventurers down to the Lower World for free. It seemed oddly convenient, but there was always a logical explanation for these events, in this case the Guild needed to do this to survive.

As I approach the Bison I noticed multiple people talking to each other, they were unsettled, and inexperienced, so they tried to form parties... of course they did--they all wanted a guinea pig.

A person sitting atop the Bison called out to me, "Haven't seen you around! You should party with us, there is safety in numbers!"

He wasn't wrong, but I already knew his secret motives, "Ah, thank you, I was just thinking about joining a party myself!", even though I did, I would lose the opportunity if I declined.

He gave me a hand and I jumped into the basket-like-carriage on the back of the Flying Bison--I found it quite funny: the Flying Bison species is ridiculously flat, almost like a Flying Pancake. After I got on, I only had to wait for two minutes for the entire carriage to get loaded up and for us to start flying off the island. As I continued to converse with my team, I was getting kind of annoyed by their questions, so I kept trying to shut them up--how annoying... When they were distracting me we almost hit a few abnormally tall towers, but the driver just laughed when a weathered adventurer yelled through the buffeting wind: "Having fun?!". We probably flew for about one hour total, during which the driver gave numerous treats to the Bison to keep it interested in transporting us while I started ignoring my team. When the Bison was above the ground it stopped and then without warning, smashed onto the ground creating a massive dust cloud, we--the riders--coughed so much while the driver just kept cackling.

"Old man, quit your antics!" said the same adventurer, the others joined in to voice their complaints as well, but when the driver put up a frank face and said: "I gave you a free ride", everyone fell silent.

I could finally stand up, my legs were a bit wobbly and my bones creaked, and my hair was completely messed up, but mentally, I never felt better... Flying is quite fun.

Everyone tried their best to get off the Bison, but one adventurer attempted some stupid stunts and ended up falling on his face, he started bleeding a lot but his wounds were mostly superficial. As he lay there, a mage floated down and offered to heal him--for 1 Gold Piece. Quite expensive, but at least he had a choice...

I look away, sweeping my gaze around, I study the forest, I see the massive trees and smell rotting wood, and hear the screeching creatures and pounding waterfalls, my senses are completely overloaded; a characteristic of this world's Temperate Rain Forests I guess.

3