『4』
1.2k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the goblins lined up outside as Rimuru and I took a look at them.

Judging from their physical body, they were weak.

Literally. Their muscles were probably weaker than an ant as none of them held their weapons correctly. 

「 Well, do you guys understand our situation? 」(Shinju)

「 Yes! We are prepared for a life and death battle! 」(Goblin)

「 Well, there's no need to be so stiff, just relax. Just keep on thinking about doing your best! 」(Rimuru)

All the goblins looked at him in awe, wasn't he a bit too soft? 

Rimuru went to the infirmary for something and came back out with healed goblins.

「 We now have more strength in numbers. 」(Rimuru)

「 That's good then let's get started. I'll teach the goblins who can use weapons and you teach the goblins that can't traps. 」(Shinju)

Traps were good, in my past life. There were often people who had no talent for weapons so instead they set up traps for us to be useful.

As Rimuru went away with his group, my group started on the workout.

I started correcting their forms and how they should attack, whenever one of them make a mistake, I would leak more aura out. Thus I nearly spread my aura across the village. 

Soon enough, night came as we heard the howl again. 

I could feel the direwolve's presences getting closer and closer by each second. 

The goblins lined up behind a fence, the fence would contain where the traps were held, if that didn't work, we had the goblins who had decent weapon skills lined up. 

Rimuru and I were in front of the fence, I was floating next to him as I looked at the direwolves.

「 Turn back and leave this place at once! 」(Rimuru)

There it is again with his soft side. 

「 Insolence! No mere slime can order around us direwolves! Trample on the fence! Spill blood of those lowly goblines!」(Direwolf)

The direwolves all started rushing in but the bow users shot them down, the direwolves that went to the place where there were no bows and traps were defeated by the weapon users. 

「 Threads? 」(Direwolf)

「 Un, that's my skill. Steel Thread. 」(Rimuru)

「 This is your doing? 」(Direwolf)

「 That's right! 」(Rimuru)

Where is he getting this courage from?

「 A puny monster like you dares to do this?! I will squash you! 」(Direwolf)

「 Father! 」(Direwolf)

The direwolf with a scar came towards us with anger, we won once he did that. When one abandons everything except for anger and rush in without a plan, their death was guaranteed. 

The direwolf sprinted towards us biting the threads in half, soon he got close enough and jumped towards us but was hung up by threads. 

If the direwolf didn't get lost in anger, he might've been able to see that.

「 That's sticky thread. 」(Rimuru)

「 This won't hold me! 」(Direwolf)

He started struggling but stopped when Rimuru activated his skill Water Blade to cut off his head.

Finally he wasn't that soft. 

The scarred direwolf's head dropped to the ground as his body was released by the sticky threads. 

「 Hear me Direwolves! Your boss is dead! I'll give you a choice, to submit or die. 」(Rimuru)

This was pretty smart, by killing their leader, we could possibly gain more allies.

「 You heard the slime, make your choice now. 」(Shinju)

All of the direwolves stopped and stared at us, though I couldn't tell if they were even thinking about it.

Suddenly, Rimuru absorbed the scarred direwolf's body and transformed into one.

Seeing this up close sure was interesting but in the corner of my eye, I saw magicules entering me again. 

「 Hear me! I will let you guys go just this once. If you refuse to yield to me, I will allow you to leave this place! 」(Rimuru)

Then Rimuru let out a loud howl with his skill Menace he got from absorbing the direwolf. 

The direwolves were getting closer and closer as Rimuru's howl only got louder and louder.

Suddenly they all dropped to the ground and said, 「 Our guild wields to you. 」

「 Being a slime sure is useful. 」(Shinju)

「 Nope, it is not. 」(Rimuru)

「 It looks like we won. There's no need for fighting anymore. 」(Rimuru)

「 I can't say peace isn't bad but my inner samurai is disagreeing. 」(Shinju)

「 Oi! Get yourself under control! 」(Rimuru)

The battled ended in the goblin's favor and the direwolves decided to join us but there was a slight problem.

「 Who's going to look after them? 」(Rimuru)

「 Don't ask me, there's no way. But what about the naming thing Veldora told us about? I'm sure there's a difference between unnamed and named monsters. 」(Shinju)

「 That's true, I remember the elder saying something about it too. 」(Rimuru)

「 Ask them. 」(Shinju)

「 I know but first... I will have you all pair up and live together! 」(Rimuru)

Oh man...

「 「 Pair...up?  」」

「 Explain it to them. 」(Shinju)

「 Oh right... Pairing up means to form in groups of two. 」(Rimuru)

I explained, not Rimuru, to them what pairing up means. I proceeded to tell them to pair in a goblin and direwolf pair.

「 There we go. 」(Shinju)

「 Yoshi. Yesterday's enemy is today's friend. You're all to work together and get along, go it? 」(Rimuru)

「「 HAI!! 」 」

「 Now then, what's going to be important now is food, shelter, and clothing. 」(Rimuru)

「 Also form teams to hunt for food, build houses, and strengthen the village's defenses. 」(Shinju)

「 But before any of that, it was time for names. 」(Rimuru)

「 Un, they do serve for some sort of purpose do they? 」(Shinju) 

「 You'll name us? 」(Goblin Elder)

「 Yes, it's more convenient. 」(Rimuru)

They all started cheering but I was still quite confused about the effects of the naming. 

Rimuru started with the goblin elder, and named him Rigurd after his son.  Then he suddenly glowed, kept thanking him, and had tears forming in his eyes.

While Rimuru proceeded to name the goblin and direwolves, I decided to go to the tent and take a break.

Thoughts came into my mind.

I was reincarnated into a peaceful world, but it was only peaceful when you're strong. If you were weak, there would be nonstop attacks from monsters coming at you. 

I was snapped out of my trance when they brought in a melted slime.

From what I could see, he had spent a lot of magicules naming them, and he used too much and soon passed out.

That was new information for me, there wasn't really a way for me feel my own magicules so there wasn't really a way for me to tell even if I saw the magicules enter me. 

Looking at the passed out Rimuru, I began to slowly drift into darkness despite just being an orb.

Maybe it was the sleep I didn't get for a month.

Soon enough, I too passed out while floating. 

34