『3』
1.4k 9 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once I left the cave, the sunlight hit me with the green trees surrounding us.

How long has it been since I saw the sunlight? Surprisingly, it doesn't bother my eyes one bit...well I don't even have eyes...

「 This is quite refreshing. 」(Shinju)

「 Yes it is, it's been quite a while after all. 」(Rimuru)

I floated through the forest as Rimuru bounced.

Birds I never saw before flew above us making cawking sounds. 

I was peacefully floating when I suddenly felt some presences nearby.

「 There's presences! 」(Shinju)

「 I sensed it too. 」(Rimuru)

Before we could even hide, a group of green looking creatures appeared before us with their shields.

With my samurai eyes, there were so many flaws. They're lucky I didn't have a weapon and my body.

From the looks on their faces, they had fear in them despite having weapons to defend themselves.

This is going to be one heck of a story to tell Veldora when he gets out, I laughed mentally.

These green creatures, from what Rimuru said, I think they were called goblins.

「 Strong one, what business do you have here」(Goblin)

Strong one? From the looks of us, I don't really think we looked strong at all. 

「I'm a slime and my name is Rimuru!! 」(Rimuru)

Rimuru's loud voice filled our minds and I nearly blanked out while the goblins were on the ground covering their ears.

「 R-rimuru, please quiet down. 」(Shinju)

「 Eh? 」(Rimuru)

「 You don't need to be that loud, look the goblins. 」(Shinju)

They were all bowing down, both knees and hands on the ground.

「 We are aware of how strong you are, please quiet your voice. 」(Goblin)

「 Hehe...maybe I thought too hard. 」(Rimuru)

「 Of course you did. Well, do you guys need something? 」(Shinju)

When they heard me, the orb, they looked at me with even more fear in their eyes and look back on the ground. 

I didn't even do anything except ask a question....

「 W-we sensed two powerful monsters and we came here as a precaution. 」(Goblin)

When he said that to Rimuru, fear dissipated a bit from his eyes.

How was I an orb, more scarier than a slime?

「 I don't sense anything like that though. 」(Rimuru)

「 Surely you jest, even if you both are in those forms, we won't be deceived! 」(Goblin)

... I really couldn't say anything at all, plus they all looked like they rather talk to Rimuru than me. 

「 Strong ones, after seeing your powers, we wish to ask for a favor. 」(Goblin)

「 Hmm? 」(Shinju)

Then we were led to a goblin camp, though during the walk, the goblins were shaking with fear whenever they got near me. 

The village sure looked a bit...too weak, it was as if Veldora could blow lightly and everything would break.

We were in a room, Rimuru was sitting on a cloth while I floated beside him. 

「 Welcome visitor, I am the elder of this village. 」(Goblin Elder)

I let Rimuru talk since it seems that they're more comfortable around him, surely there was on way an orb was scarier than a slime right? 

「 So what favors do you wish to ask of us? 」(Rimuru) 

「 Have you both noticed that the monsters had been unusually active as of lately? 」(Goblin Elder)

「 No...」(Rimuru)

「 Our kami disappeared one month ago. As a result, monsters in the area had been harassing us. 」(Goblin Elder)

By kami, I guess he means Veldora, since we met him and Rimuru absorbed him around a month ago which matches the timeline pretty well. So with his presence, he was keeping the presences away? As expected of a dragon, I could hear his smug grin and arrogant laugh in my head. 

「 We tried to fight him but we lack the numbers. 」(Goblin Elder) 

「 S-so we hoped you both would help us out. 」(Goblin)

Although I'd be quite glad to help them, the thing is.

「 We'd help you, but what can you give us back? 」(Shinju)

Yes, there is nothing free in this world. I hope they knew that, if they wanted something, they would have to give something back.

They all flinched by my sudden entrance except Rimuru. 

「 But I'm just a slime and Shinju here is just an orb, what can we do? 」(Rimuru)

Un, un. I doubt we can do anything.

「 Please don't be modest.」(Goblin Elder and Goblin)

But we're really just an orb and a slime...

「A mere orb and slime would not emit such an malicious and intense aura. You're quite a famous monster, are you not? 」(Goblin Elder)

Aura? As in the faint layer that cover one's body, there was a book about something like that in my past life.

Looking closer at my body or feeling it...then my perspective somehow changed.

Rimuru's aura covered many paths outside and part of the forest, his aura had different colors.

When I saw mine, I realized why the goblins were shaking. My aura covered every spot of the forest from what I could see, nothing was left out. 

The red and black meaning bloodshed, the hundred thousand people and more I've killed, so it still was somehow transmitted into my aura in this life huh?

I focused on somehow pulling mine back in and somehow it worked along with Rimuru. 

「 Leave it to you to notice. 」(Shinju)

「 Of course, you cannot hide that formidable aura around you. 」(Goblin Elder)

「 Hoh? Interesting...」(Shinju)

「 You guys figured it out, that shows quite a lot potential. 」(Rimuru)

I see what he was trying to do, covering it up heh?

「 Ah, you've been testing us? It's fortunate that many of us were frightened by both your auras. 」(Goblin Elder)

「 T-that's right! You guys got potential if you can talk to us without fear. 」(Rimuru)

That stutter would've gave it away if he was talking to me, thank god he wasn't but the elder didn't seem to have caught it. 

「 As for the favor we wish to ask, we wish for you to defend us. 」(Goblin Elder)

According to what the elder said, Direwolves or wolf monsters have been attacking them from the east., and many goblins has been dying from the battle. 

The direwolves were so much stronger than the goblins that they would need 10 of them just to take down a single direwolf. And there was a warrior with a name who served as their guardian who was killed leaving the village in a risk. 

The strong would always overpower the weak, that law should be stated everywhere. 

「 There are about a 100 direwolves in total.」(Goblin Elder)

「 How much do we have? 」(Shinju) 

「 Including females, we have about 60 in total who can fight. 」(Goblin Elder)

「 That's a pretty devastating difference in strength.  」(Rimuru)

「 So did that warrior fight them knowing he wouldn't win? 」(Shinju)

「 No, that warrior gave up his life just retrieving information the about the direwolves for us. 」(Goblin Elder)

He bowed saying that.

I guess it wasn't really an honorable battle, basically a suicide. 

「 The warrior was my son and his elder sibling .」(Goblin Elder)

The goblin and goblin elder both bowed down and started shaking.

Yet when they told me about his death, I didn't feel anything. Death was normal in battle, especially if you're weak. 

「 I see. 」(Shinju) 

「 Elder, let me ask you one thing. 」(Shinju)

「 Y-yes? 」(Goblin Elder)

「 Once again, let me repeat it. What will you give us if we help you? 」(Shinju) 

「 What can you give us? 」(Rimuru) 

The goblins started thinking, Rimuru might be putting on a show but I was not.

I needed something worth it in return, I wasn't going to risk my life for nothing. 

「 W-we will offer you our loyalty! 」(Goblin Elder)

「 Mm! We'll take that. 」(Shinju)

「 Eh really? 」(Rimuru)

「 Of course, there's nothing more worth it than loyalty. 」(Shinju)

There will be no betrayal and only loyalty, and that was significant for allies. Anyone could betray you but if they swear loyalty to you, there will always have your back. 

「 We will swear!」(Goblin and Goblin Elder)

They both bowed to us. 

It was familiar, the memory of an enemy begging for mercy as she was about to be cut through. A year later she became our ally and swore loyalty to me if I trained her. Then she managed to survive until everyone else fell besides me, yet also becoming one of my friends. 

Haha~Good times. 

WOOOOO!

A howl filled our ears and everyone panicked.

「 Everyone relax! 」(Goblin Elder)

「 Let us introduce us again, I'm Rimuru the slime, 」(Rimuru)

「 I'm Shinju the orb. 」(Shinju)

「「 And we'll defeat them!!  」 」

 

 

 

 

36