『5』
1.1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 3 days of waiting, I had also slept for 3 days and felt better than before.

I guess it really was the lack of sleep, Rimuru was already gone when I woke up so I guess he had already made a full recovery.

I mentally thanked him for not waking me up, my aura would've enveloped the entire forest if I was woken. 

Floating outside, I was stunned.

Everyone had changed appearances, I barely could recognize them.

Now I really wished I woke up earlier so Rimuru could tell me who is who.

Suddenly a muscular goblin came up to me.

「 Shinju-sama! It seems you've awoken! 」(Rigurd)

「 ...who're you? 」(Shinju)

「 I'm Rigurd! 」(Rigurd)

Was this the effects of the naming? If so this was quite amazing, it even made everyone's body a bit more toned and younger.  I'm guessing when a monster is named, it allows the monster to rank up or evolve. 

「 I'll bring over Rimuru-sama! 」(Rigurd)

Before I could even say anything, he had already run off to get him. 

I could only mentally sigh.

「 Shinju, did you need something? 」(Rimuru)

「 Not really but everyone's appearances...they've changed. 」(Shinju)

Rimuru proceeded to explain more and told me everyone's names which I was really thankful for.

「 Thank you. 」(Shinju)

「 No problem. 」(Rimuru)

Then suddenly a direwolf with horns ran over and stopped before Rimuru.

This was Ranga I guess.

「 RIMURU-SAMA! I've come to pick you up! 」(Ranga)

「 Eh? There isn't really a need to, plus I'm speaking with Shinju at the moment. 」(Rimuru)

He suddenly noticed my presence and bowed.

「 Forgive me for not noticing you Shinju-sama! 」(Ranga)

「 It's fine, I'm pretty small anyways. 」(Shinju)

I was used to being called sama since I was always one of the higher ranks of the samurai, though I wasn't so sure about Rimuru. 

They all cheered for Rimuru and started throwing him around.

It's not like they've changed, they've only evolved in their forms but not personalities. The male goblins evolved into hobgoblins as the females evolved into goblinas.

This was one heck of a morning to wake up to.

...

All of the goblins were gathered along with the direwolves. 

They all were talking among themselves until they all finally settled down.

「 Right, it took you guys about five minutes to quiet down 」(Rimuru)

「 No one would understand Rimuru. 」(Shinju)

「 S-shut up Shinju! 」(Rimuru)

「 Rimuru-sama, what do you mean by that? 」(Rigurd)

「 F-forget about it. 」(Rimuru) 

Quite embarrassing, haha~

「 As you can see, we're a huge family now. So to avoid some problems, I think we should set some rules. 」(Rimuru)

「 It better not be something outrageous. 」(Shinju)

「 I know. 」(Rimuru)

「 「 Rules? 」」

「 There are 3 rules I'd like you all to upload to the very least. First is no attacking humans. Second, no fighting among yourselves.  Third, no belittling other races. That's it. 」(Rimuru)

Although the second and third rule was good, the first rule was going to cause some trouble.

Not all humans were good, some humans may act good but inside they're evil or they just show their evil side.

「 Yes Rigur-kun? 」(Rimuru)

「 Why aren't we allowed to attack humans? 」(Rigur)

「 It's because I like humans, that's it. 」(Rimuru)

Couldn't he have just told them we were humans before?

「 I see, I understand! 」(Rigur)

Just like that....?

「 Listen now, humans live in groups. If you mess with them, they could retaliate against you in a big way. 」(Shinju)

This brought back memories when I entered the enemy's base of 7,000 all by myself.

「 Un. If they came after us in earnest, I doubt we could handle them. Besides, getting along with them benefits us in a lot of ways. 」(Rimuru)

They all nodded in reply.

「 Are there any more questions? 」(Shinju)

「 Yes! 」(Gobta)

「 What is it? 」(Shinju)

「 What do you mean by no belittling other races? 」(Gobta)

「 You're answering that 」(Shinju)

「 Fine. You all got stronger by evolving right? It means you shouldn't let that get to your head and push others around. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're better than them. 」(Rinuru)

As Rimuru talked to everyone, I decided to wander off into the forest.

The trees were healthy and fine by the looks of it. There was a branch on the floor and I tried to grab it but I once again realized I was just an orb and passed through the bench instead.

Though magicules seemed to be entering me. 

...

Rimuru and the direwolves were off to hunt while I floated around in the newly finished shelter.

I mentally sighed, although this was my second life, it felt a bit dull. It was as if something was missing. 

Contemplating again, I decided to go after Rimuru since I was bored.

By the time I had caught up to them, it was already pretty dark and they were huddled over a campfire.

「 Yo! 」

「 Shinju! 」

「 Shinju-sama! 」

「 What're you guys talking about? 」(Shinju)

「 We're heading to the town of Armed Nation of Dwargon. 」(Rimuru) 

According to Gobta's explanation. The town was a beautiful city constructed with a natural modified cave system. That certainly had it's perks. It was home to many other races like humans, dwarves, elves, and lots more. But he didn't include slimes or orbs in his explanation. 

The dwarf king's name is Gazel Dwargo also kwown as the Hero King, he's deeply admired by many people. 

Luckily, Dwargon was a neutral free trade city and all fighting was prohibited by the king. That was possible because of their military might, my inner samurai was itching to see how strong they were. 

It's also been said that the dwarven army has been undefeated for a thousand years, that means they were quite strong, I was trying to control my inner self to not float through the walls and try to find them,

It's also said it can take about 2 months for a goblin to walk to the town, luckily we had direwolves and I could fly pretty fast. 

...

After about 3 days, we had arrived.

Though only Gobta and Rimuru could come, everyone else started whining which was quite funny. 

We lined up behind the humans as I floated above Rimuru.

「 It's quite a line. 」(Rimuru)

「 Indeed, it'll take quite a while. 」(Shinju)

「 Once we get inside, we'll be able to move freely as we please. 」(Gobta)

I hope we were or else I would've flown back to the village faster than light. 

「 Oi, oi, oi, oi! 」(Scum 1)

「What's a couple of monsters doing here? 」(Scum 2)

「 We're not inside yet, so we can kill it here right? 」(Scrum 1)

Already trouble, these guys were pathetically weak too. 

「 Troublesome... 」(Shinju)

「 Gobta, did you hear something? 」(Rimuru)

「 Yes I did, I was beat up here last time when I tried to get in too. 」(Gobta)

「 That's what happens to the weak. 」(Shinju)

「 Hey weaklings, don't you are ignore us. 」(Scum 2)

「 Isn't a talking slime pretty rare? I bet we call make a hell of a fortune off it! 」(Scum 1)

「 Well, I guess our first rule applies here. 」(Shinju)

Although I didn't want to follow it, I was only a mere orb after all.

Wasn't much I could do. 

Then suddenly Rimuru turned into a giant star wolf, it's evolved quite a bit.

Their companions appeared after Rimuru and that scum's bickering. They started attacking together but it was still no use, they were far too weak. Now they were currently hiding in a green barrier.

「 Did you guys do something? 」(Rimuru)

Where was the gutsy Rimuru at in his slime form?

Though deep inside he probably thought he was going to die, haha~

「 Now it's my turn. 」(Rimuru)

Rimuru used his skill Menace and instantly broke down their barrier and blew them away.

That's why you shouldn't underestimate monsters, scums. 

But the results were definitely not good at all. 

We were thrown into a cell, I followed them because of the good little sister I am.

「 You overdid it. 」(Shinju)

「 S-shhhhh, I didn't know it was going to be a scale of that wide. 」(Rimuru)

Gobta was having a leisurely nap on the ground, what a great guide.

「 Since you guys were an orb, slime, and goblin. They probably saw you as easy targets. 」(Captain Guard)

「 I was only trying to scare them off. 」(Rimuru)

「 Plus it was their fault for being weak and getting blown away. 」(Shinju)

「 Oi oi Shinju! Relax, we're still in jail. 」(Rimuru)

「 So? 」(Shinju)

「 Nevermind.... we're sorry for the trouble. 」(Rimuru)

「 Well, what you've said matches with the witness reports. Just this once I'll let you two- 」(Captain Guard)

「 Captain! We've got trouble! There's an Armorsaurus in the mine! 」(Guard) 

Armorsaurus? A monster in armor? Decent name but not creative at all....

「 Where's the suppression force? 」(Captain Guard)

「 They're already en route but Garm and his brothers were deep in the mine gathering magic ore, and they were badly hurt. 」(Guard)

「 This is your chance Rimuru. 」(Shinju)

「 I know Shinju, just watch. 」(Rimuru)

Rimuru squeezed past the cells and poked the Captain Guard's back.

「 How are you leave your cell?! 」(Captain Guard)

「 Now, now, this isn't the time for that is it? 」(Rimuru)

Then proceeded to the barrel full of medicine. 

「 Is that...? 」(Captain Guard)

「 Un, healing potion. The best around! You can even drink it or apply it directly. 」(Rimuru)

「 Huh? 」(Captain Guard)

「 Why not give it a try? 」(Rimuru)

The captain thought about it for a moment and immediately opened the cell and took it. It really didn't matter if it came from a monster or not if once of your buddies was in trouble.

I silently commended him for that. 

We stayed in the cell for who knows how long and I was just floating around thinking. 

Rimuru had Gobta tied up on the ceiling upside down and was still sleeping, seriously just how? 

Soon enough, the guards came back.

「 You saved them, I thank you. 」(Captain Guard)

「I heard your potion saved us, thank you! 」(Beard Man) 

「 Don't mention it, 」(Rimuru)

「 My arm was nearly ripped off so even if i survived, I would've lost my job. Thank you. 」(Beard Man 2) 

「 You're welcome. 」(Rimuru)

The third bearded man just nodded. 

They all walked away and the captain guard opened the cell for us.

「 Are we free? 」(Shinju)

「 Naturally. 」(Captain Guard)

「 Thank goodness, I was about to go crazy of boredom. 」(Shinju)

Though I wonder why they don't question a talking and floating orb.

...

We are now at a blacksmiths shop the next day because the captain wanted to repay us. 

When we entered, there were armors, swords, and even a shining sword.

I'm guessing that was a magical sword but nothing really fit me. I preferred katanas and none of these fit my taste, plus I don't even think I can hold one anyways. 

Soon, we entered the blacksmithing place.

「 Kaido, give me a second.  」(Kaijin) 

「 Forgive us for interrupting. 」(Rimuru)

「 This is my older brother Kaijin. 」(Kaido)

Well he's definitely a blacksmith alright. 

Suddenly the door opened and revealed three figures. I instantly recognized them, it was the people who thanked us. 

「 Kaijin, this is the slime along with the talking orb we were talking about. 」(Garm)

「 The ones that saved us when we were hurt yesterday. 」(Dord)

While Myrd just nodded.

「 So this is the one, you have my thanks. 」(Kaijin)

He bowed while sitting on his chair. 

「 It was nothing. 」(Shinju)

「 What can I do for you both? 」(Kaijin) 

...

「 I see, I get what're your saying but I'm pretty backed up at the moment. Thanks to the impossible order a certain numskull minister put in. 」(Kaijin) 

「 What impossible order? 」(Shinju)

He explained that the minister wanted 20 longswords since they were going to war soon by the end of the week. Though they're quite short on materials and he's only made one so far. 

He tried to refuse but the minister taunted him and his pride wouldn't take it. They needed magic ore and the Armorsaurus only made things worse for them. 

「 Rimuru, don't you have one of those shiny crystal ores? 」(Shinju)

「 Right, I almost forgot. Thank you Shinju! 」(Rimuru)

Then Rimuru brought out a shiny crystal. 

「 Wait it's magic ore...」(Kaijin)

「 Close, but it was something better. 」(Shinju)

He took off his goggles and his eyes went wide.

「 It's a cluster of magisteel! 」(Kaijin)

I guess that's what they call it, I can tell if something had higher magicules in them or not, that was why I was able to tell the difference. 

「 Are you sure I can have this? 」(Kaijin)

「 Yes but I'd like you to find some artisans who'll come to my village to teach some crafts to my villagers. 」(Rimuru)

「 Not bad of a trade. 」(Shinju)

「 That's all you want? 」(Kaijin)

「 Yep, we have our priorities set right now. 」(Shinju)

「 Alright, you can count on us! 」(Kaijin)

「 Can I see the first magical sword you made? 」(Rimuru)

「 Of course. 」(Garm)

He brought it to Rimuru and showed it to him.

Although I didn't have any interests in swords, the sword was really well made. 

The blade's shining was because of the magisteel core, to put it simply,  it would mature to the image of its user.

That was amazing, imagine my katana maturing to my image, I wonder what it'd be like?  

Suddenly Rimuru absorbed the sword and brought out 20 of them the next second. 

...

Thus their delivery was made just in time and now we were in what they call a bar full of elf girls.

I could only mentally sigh..

 

 

30