『8』
1.1k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun rose, a bright blue orb was staring at the sun.

That was was me, Shinju Tempest. 

It was a habit of mine waking up around this time, I would normally train until it was the afternoon. I was a training addict, though my training would always pay off as I was able to single handedly slay over a thousand people. 

Yet the spars she had with Tomoe Gozen would always end in a tie, somehow that girl was able to counter her. It was like a Yin and Yang, and I was the Yang. 

Once the run fully hit the sky, I floated back to the forest.

There was a strange feeling in the air that I couldn't make of. 

 ...

「  Do you like our town? 」(Shinju)

「 Of course! 」(Shizu)

「 You better!~ 」(Rimuru)

We all chuckled yet the strange feeling right now still hasn't disappeared.

「 You're welcome to stay here as long as you like Shizu-san. 」(Rimuru)

「 Thank you but I don't want to trouble you. 」(Shizu)

Author: Shizu out here rhyming~

「 Hmm? 」(Shinju)

「 The goal of my journey is... 」(Shizu)

「 Goal? 」(Rimuru)

「 ...is to find the man who summoned me.  」(Shizu)

「  And what're you going to do when you find him? 」(Shinju)

There was a long silence in the air as the wind blew us, her long black hair flowing in the air, I could probably hear music in the background right now. 

「 It's alright, but you can come to visit anytime! You'll always be welcome, right Ranga? 」(Rimuru)

「 Of course! 」(Ranga)

「  Okay, thank you. 」(Shizu)

As she started walking away, 

「 She's going to kill her summoner. 」(Shinju)

「 Huh? 」(Rimuru)

「 Yeah, that look on her face and the direction where her eyes went. She's probably...wait no she's definitely going to kill her summoner. 」(Shinju)

「 I see, I'm surprised you can tell. 」(Rimuru)

「 This demon little sister of yours- 」(Shinju)

「 Nope, I don't want to hear it. It makes me feel weak. 」(Rimuru)

I chuckled, it was quite amusing. 

As Rimuru left, I floated above the village near the cliff, the strange feeling I had still hasn't gone away yet.

This for sure had something to do with the village, as the feeling would get stronger when I would distance away from the village, it would only relieve a little when I'm near. 

So I decided to float above the cliff and watch the village if anything abnormal happens. 

As the adventures were about to leave, Shizu's movements became weird, and the strange feeling got stronger.

I immediately flew down and alerted Rigurd to evacuate the area.

Although he was confused, he nevertheless obeyed, their second master wouldn't do anything without a reason. 

Then suddenly,  a bright fire erupted from the area as dark clouds started to form. 

As Shizu started to float into the air, a ball of fire erupted from her.

「 I think you should go and deal with that. 」(Shinju)

「 Yeah I will, but I wonder what is happening to her. 」(Rimuru)

We entered the scene and the adventures were on the ground.

「 I'll go take care of the adventures and you take care of Shizu. 」(Shinju)

「 Alright. 」(Rimuru)

「  Are you guys okay? 」(Shinju)

「 Yeah but what the heck is this? We charge extra for hazard pay ya know. 」(Kaval)

「 You should be telling Fuze that! 」(Gido)

Fuze? Who's that? 

The air got hotter as the fire grew more.

「 Shi...shizue izawa? 」(Kaval)

Her full name is Shizue Izawa...

「 Is she someone special? 」(Shinju)

「 She's called the Conqueror of Flames. 」(Gido)

By the name, she's probably someone strong, and pretty known in some parts too. 

「 Y-you mean the hero of the Guild 50 years ago? 」(Eren)

So there is even more to her, who knows how long she's even been alive for, even if she still looks young.

Looking around, it looks like everyone had evacuated and Rimuru had led Shizue pretty far away.

「 Done with preparations Rimuru? 」(Shinju)

「 Shinju! Yeah just finished. 」(Rimuru)

The mask fell revealing Shizue with bright golden eyes, it was if she was possessed by something. 

Right at that moment, tears started to fall but dissipated, and ball of fire wrapped our her and revealed a creature of two horns and a muscular body. That sure was an interesting change. 

「 The fire spirit, Ifrit...」

「 There's no mistake, then Shizue is.. 」

「 The legendary hero, the Conqueror of Flames. 」

Then they started how they were going to die early, an invincible ticked appeared on my orb form.

「 Relax, you guys won't die. 」(Shinju)

Then a loud roar filled our ears, heavy wind blew at us but I remained where I was, floating in the air. Three flames erupted in a triangular form and changed into dragons, it lit the newly built houses on fire. 

「 You should've took action earlier. 」(Shinju)

「 Yeah...I was trying to find a way to beat him without injuring Shizue. 」(Rimuru)

Of course. 

The 3 adventurers got up and a bright fireball headed towards us.

Rimuru had to dodge but the firewall just went right pass me, sometimes being an orb had it's perks. Rimuru shot a water blade at him but it only dissipated before it could even hit.

「 The fire is stronger than your water. 」(Shinju)

「 I know! 」(Rimuru)

「 Then do something about it. 」(Shinju)

「 Watch me. 」(Rimuru)

The 3 dragons started coming down to attack us but an icicle appeared and hit one of the dragons. 

Kaval and Kido seems to be helping out Eren.

「 They seem alright, now focus. 」(Shinju)

「 I know- WOAH! 」(Rimuru)

A fireball nearly hit him and he dodged right in time.

Though I would like to see what would happen if he was hit by it.

「 Oi,oi. Stop what're you're thinking right now. 」(Rimuru)

「 Hoh? You know? 」(Shinju)

「 The dark aura of yours started to appear... 」(Rimuru)

The 2 dragons started spraying their fireballs while I simply watched, it wasn't like I could do anything or they could do anything to me. 

Ranga appeared out of Rimuru's shadow and started running while the 2 dragons chased them while shooting fireballs at them. 

They ran around in a circle until they were heading towards where Eren was, what is he thinking right now? 

Eren shot a  icicle lance at her while Rimuru absorbed it.

Did he plan to replicate it attack the spirit? I'm guessing magic attacks were quite effective, especially ice since the spirit's element is fire. 

Ranga leaped forward and back above the 2 dragons, ice particles appeared in the air around them until there were more than a dozen icicles and pierced the 2 dragons.

When the 2 dragons disappeared, small magicules started to flow towards me and entered me. I still have yet to figure out why it was entering me. 

A giant fireball was shot towards the 3 adventurers but Rimuru was too late and they were heavily injured. Ranga picked them up and started leaving as Rimuru went towards Ifrit.

「 Now you don't need to hold back. 」(Shinju)

「 Yep, I can let loose. 」(Rimuru)

Then Ifrit made clones of himself and surrounded us.  

Rimuru spun in a circle before icicles shot out and pierce all of the Ifrits except one.

I guess that's the real one. 

Ifrit let out a lowed roar as a magic circle surrounded us, then a huge flame erupted and enveloped us.

「 It's not like he can do anything against us. 」(Shinju)

「 That's true... 」(Rimuru)

「 Why don't you just absorb him? 」(Shinju) 

「 Hmm...That would work but first, I want to do some things. 」(Rimuru)

「As long as you don't waste any more time then it's fine.  」(Shinju) 

When Ifrit though he won and started walking away, Rimuru shot out threads and tied him. 

As we got closer and closer, he shot out fire from his mouth and struggled to break free, though it didn't have any effect on us. 

When he got close enough, he absorbed him leaving an unconscious Shizu on the ground.

Well, that's that....

36