『11』
1.1k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the middle of the night due to some stress. Changing into my orb form, I passed through the tents easily because of my spiritual form. My form of an orb seemed to easily adjust to the night as it dimmed it's own color but the bright moonlight on it made it shine even more.

The stars were glimmering in the night sky, it felt peaceful. 

I wanted to try something, if I could fly as an orb, shouldn't I be able to fly a in my human form as well?

In an instant, I changed into my human form, it's been natural for me since it would be better if I got used to it and lowered the time I needed to change. 

Realizing my feet still hasn't touched the ground, I looked down and I really was flying. I had discovered a new ability of mine, though there was still so much more I still need to know.

In a new world, no matter how long you've stayed, knowledge is very crucial.

Flying around in the human form and orb form was the same, it was easy to get used to. 

I let out a sigh.

There was still so much more I needed to learn about myself. My abilities that I still have yet to tap into, I didn't have something like a Great Sage to tell me everything. I needed to figure things out on my own and that was why I made up my mind to go on my own journey.

Rimuru would be doing his own thing while I will go on my own journey to find more about myself and possibly meet my soulmate. Maybe she can help me find more about myself.

I dropped back down and walked towards the training area since there was no way I could sleep now. 

Setting up a few stacks of wood that wasn't needed, I began to work on my form and the accuracy of my attacks. 

Unsheathing my katana,

SHING!

*click*

This time there were 12 evenly cut pieces on the floor once I fully sheathed my katana. Luckily, Rimuru set up a sound barrier to cancel out the noise when people were in here training, it's quite useful.

Suddenly, there was a familiar presence behind me.

"Shion." I said out loud.

It's been almost 2 days since they've all been named.

The purple haired girl was Shion, the red haired one was Benimaru, the pink haired girl was Shuna,the old man was Hakurou, the blue one was Souei, and the muscular one was called Kurobe. 

They evolved from Ogres to Kijins, their bodies were stronger and they looked quite better than before.

"As expected of Shinju-sama, she's able to detect me quite easily." said Shion.

"Hmph, who do you think you are?" I asked jokingly. 

"Haha, do you have the time for a spar right now?" asked Shion.

"Sure, the moonlight is brightening the area quite well. Though can you see?" I asked.

"Of course." said Shion.

"Good."

I had night vision since it was naturally given to me. 

The area was quite big, big enough to fit a fight of 5 against 5. 

We both stood a few feet from each other and got into our stances, she had a big sword while I had my katana, 

Shion took the first action, she rushed at me then jumped and swung her sword down towards me. Unsheathing my katana, I used one hand and raised the katana with it to defend against the attack.

"Are you sure you can defend this with one hand?"

"Of course. Despite my appearance, I'm quite strong."

"Then let's test it out Shinju-sama!"

CLANG!

Her large blade clashed into my blade as sparks appeared. The ground beneath me cracked beneath me and I smiled.

"The ground gave up before my arm did."

"Your arm is numb, don't lie Shinju-sama." 

"Nope, perfectly fine." 

I swung my blade and she jumped back to avoid it.

Stretching my arm a couple times and swinging it back and forth,

"See? It's fine." 

We both laughed.

Even if my status was higher than Shion's, we were pretty good friends. The first thing she said to me was to ask me for a spar, which I naturally agreed since I wanted to fight too. Though we nearly broke a few shelters but nothing broke in the end so it's fine.

She rushed at me again but with a zig zag patttern, she pressed her foot onto the ground and used that as her momentum to get to me. Because of my immense reflexes, I was able to see it in slow motion.

Her blade was going to cut off my neck from my left side if I didn't defend. Once it was near my zone, I shifted a bit right as I struck my blade onto the the top of her blade. 

CLANG!

The sword she was holding was already onto the ground as she also was sprawled onto the floor, I guess she didn't see my sneak attack to the neck.

Sheathing my blade, grabbing her sword with my left hand, I swung Shion's unconscious body over my right shoulder and headed towards Benimaru's tent. 

Making my way over, I couldn't help but smile a bit.

From dying to reincarnating, then meeting a dragon with a slime, then to having a goblin and direwolf village, to this.

It was a pretty good feeling.

I made my way to the tent.

"Benimaru." I muttered loud enough for someone inside to hear.

A few moments later, the curtain opened revealing a groggy red hair kijin.

"Shinju-sama..." Benimaru muttered. 

He rubbed his eyes a bit then looked at me and Shion until he realized what we did.

"Don't tell me you guys sparred again..." said Benimaru.

I chuckled slightly.

"We did but don't worry, we didn't break anything."

"Alright, place her on the bed."

I entered the tent and placed her on the bed and covered her with a blanket.

The reason they were casual with me was because the other day when they kept talking formally, I forced them to train until they all collapsed. I showed no mercy, not even to Hakurou, though he endured more than the younger ones. 

I nodded towards Benimaru as I left the tent.

Flying to the top of the cliff, I laid my head on the soft grass as the moonlight brightened the area a few feet away from me. Another thing I figured out was that I could control whether or not I wanted to feel temperatures, of course I did since I wanted to be more human.

The cold breeze didn't bother me at all, there were days I had to fight in the snow before.

I closed my eyes and smiled....unknown to the events that were going to occur.

34