『16』
902 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Progressing into the entrance, she was now in a different area.

There were puddles of water and different holes in the ground meaning there were more signs of life here. 

This time, there were no magic ores, a low amount of magicules, and there were a lot more spikes in the ceiling than there was before. Shinju was having quite a hard time deciphering what type of monster could it be.

The only clues she had were the puddles and the holes but that was it. She wasn't sure if the rock pillars were any useful information but took a note of that anyways. 

Walking around, Shinju touched the surface of the walls, it was rocky, it wasn't smooth at all. The spikes in the ceilings looked as if it was threatening to fall, the holes on the ground had strangely more magicules than the air.

A form of intelligence was currently living here, the possibility of it being smarter than the beetle was high.  As she walked deeper into the area, there were more holes in the ground and the magicules in the air increased

DOOM!

There was a short but vibrant shake and some of the spikes on the ceiling dropped. Although it wouldn't hurt her, she didn't want the feeling of being pierced. She dodged swiftly by minimizing my movements and moved sideways. 

(Shinju POV)

The spikes in the ceiling stopped dropping and now there were movements beneath me.

Perhaps the ground connects to the holes that led to pathways?

I could feel the it coming out of the hole to my right, it had to be a mole! But what came out wasn't a mole, it was a giant centipede. It had a purple glowing eyes, a long red body with a hard shell covering it, and dozens of long red legs.

No wonder the wall was rough, the centipedes hard shell had been brushed against the wall. Though I feel like I've seen this monster before...before I could even think, it wacked it's tail against the wall and went back in the hole.

The spikes in the ceiling started to fall once again, I cursed my luck, I just had to run into an annoying monster.Dodging the set of spikes coming from the ceiling, I stood in the middle where all the pathways on the ground would intertwine.

I could sense it's movements going to the hole to in front of me, in about 1...2....3...NOW! I ran to the hole and pulled out my katana and swung my sword down. The centipede's purple eyes glowed for a moment and shot out a green breath.

I jumped back out of reflexes and it clicked, this was one of the monsters Rimuru and I encountered back in the cave, but I don't think it was this smart. Now that I remember what type of monster this was, it had gotten much easier.

I stood in the middle once again and sensed for the centipede's movements, it was now coming up from the first hole. I pulled out my katana and ran towards the hole preparing to stab it before it goes back in. 

But instead of going back in the hole, it came out instead and starting moving around and started rubbing against the walls. The spikes were falling down as it rubbed it's hard shell against the wall. Well, I guess the spikes wouldn't really affect the hard shell of the centipede at all. 

I ran after it's long body and caught up with it's head, right before I could stab it's head, I ran into a pillar while the centipede went around it.

I mentally groaned, this centipede was getting annoying. Regaining my composure, I started paying attention to my surroundings as well as where the centipede went. Although I wasn't going against humans, a battle was still a battle.

I gripped the hilt of my katana and ran after the large centipede. 

As the spikes fell every time it's shell brushed against the wall, I would get closer to it since the snake would also try to avoid the spikes. It's next turn was right, a bright flash of blue lightning appeared leaving a few sparks onto the ground, in an instant, I was already in front of the centipede with my sword coming down it's head.

Before I cut it, the centipede let out a roar instead of a breath.

It's purple eyes started to turn dull and it's body turn lifeless.

But I wasn't paying attention to it's dead body, I paid attention to the loud roar the centipede let out.

Suddenly, my magic sense detected over dozens of monsters coming my way. Looking over, they were mini versions of the centipede I just killed, it came from all directions so it there wasn't really a chance of escape.

With a silent sigh, I got into my stance.

As the mini centipedes came closer, the tension in the air was increasing quickly as small sparks appeared in air.

My perception increased, I could see everything, every movement, meaning my ocular ability activated once again. 

With this, I could easily slay them all.

"Let's test out my skills in this world with a little bit of magic." I muttered.

SHING!

A long flash of lightning appeared.

*click*

The sound of one sheathing it's katana was heard.

Everything became silent, the mini centipedes had all died and it's bodies were all split in half. 

"It seems I'm strong in this world due to the existence of magic." I said. 

Looking around, there seems to be no exit around here except for the pathways underground.

I guess there was no other choice but before that, I decided to take a break. 

Finding a decent spot, I sat and leaned against the rough wall.

I took out a few snacks from the small pouch I was given and started eating them.

Although I didn't need food, it was good once in a while. 

The sound of chewing and swallowing enveloped the area. 

26