Chapter 1: Family?
5.3k 15 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An odd hymn entered my ears. It is a solemn tune, one which invoked pity into the listener. I pried open my eyes and inspected around. All I saw was dulled out colours. Was my vision somehow affected? Everything had a sort of sombre ambience to it… just like that game menu.

My body jolted from the realization, but it didn’t move as I wished it to. My limbs… they had all become tiny. I gasped out for breath, but what came out was soft squeals.

“Oh? Did little baby wake up?”

I heard a mature woman call out to someone. Her footsteps echoed behind me as she crept in closer. The hands reached out, enveloping me in her embrace. She held onto my waist and turned me around. What greeted me was a bewitching face, one devoid of blemishes, but something… something felt just wrong about it.

There was an inexplicable eerie smile on her face, giving an uncomforting quality to it. Her eyes were like quartz gemstones, forming a crescent moon, yet they are hollow like the abyss itself. It was like a seductress from the darkest ends of the earth.

She bent down and picked me up. Her silky, long black hair tickled my face.

“Isn’t my little Isaac the cutest?”

She spoke to me childishly. Isaac… was she referring to me?

“You’re hungry right? How about some milk?”

She asked before undressing her breast. I was struck with bewilderment. Had I reincarnated perhaps? Am I now inside the game? What happened to the real me? I had several questions, yet there were no answers. For the time being, it was within my best interests to act as innocuous as possible.

My apparent mother slipped off her bra as her tit plopped off. They were bigger than I expected. It bounced after breaking free from its restraint and smacked me softly in my face. Her nipple was thrust to my lips. As I little choice, I simply suckled on it. It would’ve been a homely sight if not for the gloomy stare I was receiving. The uncanny smile sent shivers down my spine. It unintentionally made me cough out the milk.

“Oh, dear!”

She exclaimed with worry while frantically patting my back. Her touch on my naked neck was hair raising. There’s this touch of something which didn’t feel humane. It was ethereal yet physical. A sort of sensation that I wasn’t familiar with.

The door slid open and someone else entered the room. “Is brother awake?” A chirpy voice is heard behind my mother. It was a tender little girl who looked like a doll. Unlike my mother, she formed a starking contrast to her.

White bone coloured hair with clear opal-like eyes. Even her skin was a touch paler than my mother’s. Yet she carried the same expression. The same uncanny smile and eyes that made me reluctant to be looked at.

She skipped and came near me. Her frail-looking arms reached out. A cold sensation spreads from her touch, almost like a corpse. “Brother is so cute.” Her spectral smile widened. I was afraid, afraid of both of them. Instinctually, I let out a cry, one which I couldn’t control. The girl looked disappointed. Her smile turned into a frown yet her hollow eyes never left me.

“It’s alright baby, it’s alright, mama is here.” Those words did nothing except intensifying my fear. Yet I didn’t dare cry any longer. I was too frightened to even leak out my voice at that point.

“No fair, I want to cuddle him too.” My sister complained. Her hands hovered over as if she wanted to touch me once more.

“Don’t, you’ll just make him cry again.” She quelled down her daughter. She pouted cutely, but there was an oddness to the scene which I couldn’t pinpoint. They both simultaneously stare at me with content. I flailed to get out of her arms, but it only made her grasp firmer.

Thankfully, it doesn’t take them long to leave. The woman put me back into the cradle before exiting the room, but as my sister was about to leave, she turned her head and gives a mischievous smile. I shivered at its very sight.

“See you soon, brother,” she chimed, before closing the sliding door. I gave a sigh of relief. Just what godforsaken place did I end up at.

113