Chapter 7 The Vents
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CORRIDOR NEAR STORAGE, TIME:0909

"Ok, this is the plan. One right from here and two lefts after the intersection. Then we reach weapons room. Do you understand?"

"I don't think it's a good idea travelling through the vents Pinkie. Maybe we can play with Lemon again?"

"We just played with him Tane, just trust me this time, okay"

Nods

"Hmmm"

With the power of my screwdriver every doors shall be open to me. I try to open the vents but it's already open. Lucky me! I see into the vent, It is barely enough to fit me. I usher Tane to look.

"NO No i won't go inside that. It is too cramped and dark"

I crawl into the vent and try to convince her.

sigh~ 

"Ok then, If you come with me, we can go to Nav room first, hmmm, how about it?"

"No, I am not coming with you and that IS final"

"SCAREDY CAT CRYBABY. Then i will go to weapons room alone. I am going to have a fun time there, looking at all the awesome weapons while you cry here in fear"

"Hmmph, I don't care. I am going back to quarters.

She turns quickly and leaves. I don't care too. I will just go on my own. Thinking so myself i start crawling into the vents while holding a torch in one hand. This place really is cramped but it won't scare me. I have played too many horror games that i have become immune to fear. I slowly turn right and the pathway heads straight. The torch light doesn't reach the full length. I continue along when i heard a faint sound.

*Thump*

*Thump*

I thought at first that maybe i was the one making the sound. So i stopped to check.

*Thump Thump*

*Screech*

The sound is getting closer but i can't find the exact direction. Whether it is coming from front are back, i don't know. It just echoes everywhere.

This is the moment i became very much aware of the situation. Sweat started to form on forehead. I quickly turned of the lights. Everything i learned from gaming tells me that light will not only allow me to see but also allow IT to see me too.

Suddenly everything turns dark. By this time every fiber in my body stops moving altogether. I even have trouble breathing as i have to forcefully make myself to inhale.

*Thump Thump*

The sound gets closer. I can now feel my heart beating in my head. Each beating causes a wave and my legs start trembling. I am SCARED. I SHOULD HAVE JUST LISTENED TO TANE.

*Screech Thump*

*Thump*

I can now hear the sounds clearly from the intersection. The screeching sounds like something is dragging its body forcefully. If it is moving towards the intersection, then it must either take the path in which i am sitting or the path to my right. I DON'T WANT TO MEET WITH THIS THING. I start to slowly back away while looking in the direction of the intersection. BUT MY BODY doesn't listen to ME. Every move i make creates unwanted sounds along with my quivering body. The very air itself is choking me from every direction making me grasp for air. I start to breathe through my mouth. My heart is threatening to jump out of my chest.

*SCREECH THUMP THUMP*

IT IS SO CLOSE. My breathing is too ragged and sweat begins to obstruct my vision. I forcibly cover my mouth and look at the intersection. A figure with long arms and weirdly bent body was pulling itself towards the other path. It had more than two arms with some bending unusually like tentacles and grabbing at the vents. The more horrifying thing is that it was wearing a lab coat. I could spot the white coat even in this darkness.

*Thump*

*Screech*

Haaaaaaaahhhh *suppressed scream*

I was able to hold my scream by tightly clutching my mouth. The sounds became fainter. I was scared so much that i forgot to breath. Thankfully IT didn't take my path. I don't know how many minutes passed. My body doesn't respond properly and start to feel cold. I was sweating everywhere and my body feels damp and weak. I force myself again to move. I didn't dare turn the torches on. The vent was becoming congested but i managed to retrace the way back. I opened the vent grate and climbed back up. My legs couldn't even push my body up but I DON'T WANT TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE VENTS AGAIN WHERE THIS NIGHTMARE ROAMS AROUND.

I find that the sweaty feeling was due to wetting myself. I can't stop my tears and run. I don't know where i am running to but i just run, run and run until suddenly i hear alarm sounds everywhere. I stop and i know perfectly why the alarm is going off. I rush towards the quarters to warn my Dad and Tane.

0