Chapter 8 Behind closed doors
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LIVING QUARTERS, TIME:0933

"I hate Pinkie. Mom, He is always calling me names"

I tell Mom about how Pinkie was harsh to me. But i don't tell her about the vent plan. My Mom has tanned skin like me with dark brown hair. She always listens to me and is very kind. I like her very much.

"I will definitely have a talk with his father today, then"

She says while having a serious expression. I don't want her to talk to Mr. Pink. He is a good person just a little bit unlucky for having Pinkie as his son.

"NO! Don't. I can manage myself"

"Ok, if you say so, i won't"

Door slides and Dad enters with a wide smile.

"Heya, my dears, what have you been plotting without me? Huh, HAHAHAHAA"

"Dad!"

He hugs me and spins me around. He is similar to my Mom in his features. Same dark brown hair, eyes and tanned skin. They are both from the same planet. Later they moved to Hawkings 7, when I was in Mom's tummy. He chats to us about various things. He told us about his work today. He works in a terraforming agency and gets calls to his PDA every few minutes but he doesn't need to go to his office frequently.

"What shall we have for breakfast today?" ,Dad asks.

"Maybe we can order squig legs" ,Mom suggests.

"Please no squig legs Mom" ,I beg.

"But it's tasty"

"Okay you can eat them but I will take a normal sandwich"

"Come on, you mustn't be picky", says Mom.

Squig legs are legs from, well, squigs. They are considered a delicacy but I hate hurting those cute animals. They are fuzzy cute living things with four legs that shouldn't be eaten!

"I firmly stand against eating squigs. No squigs. Mhuhmmm"

Dad looks at my firm resolve and says, "She is old enough to make her stand in this, let her be"

I smile at this while Mom justs shrugs. We placed our orders to Ms. Coral and waited.

We were having a good family time together like always when alarms started blaring. Dad instantly got to his PDA and checked something while Mom hugged me a little. I wasn't scared but confused. Dad opened the door and looked at both ends of the corridor.

"The PDA is not working so I am going to check with Mr. Pink, You guys wait here"

"Dad!"

I was a little bit uncomfortable with Dad leaving.

"Don't worry, I will be back..."

His voice trailed off unnaturally. I heard Mom gasp with a look of horror and hugged me tightly. That is when i noticed...

A thin fleshy spike was poking out of his light green shirt. Blood started to spread centering around his chest.

Aaagh

He fell down. 

Haaaaaaaaaaaaah. A shrill cry emanated in the room. I was too disordered to think about it's source yet i felt my head was perfectly calm and still. No thoughts.

A good 2 or 3 seconds later. A figure staggered near my Dad. It had a disfigured face. It's body was riddled with tentacles ranging from small to large like the one that KILLED MY DAD! When my thoughts reached this point, I felt that a tiny stream of tears started flowing down my cheeks. I just look at that THING with a hollow expression until

*Beep*

 Mom clicks something on the PDA to close the room door.

It doesn't work.

*Beep Beep Beeep*

She clicks again and again with shaking hands but 

It doesn't work.

After multiple BEEPs the figure turns towards us with its bloodshot eyes. It's jaw opens slowly revealing rows of sharp jagged teeth and two spiked tongues of different length crawls out. My Mom jumps out of the way while the creature rushes towards us with a scream.

*Creeeeee haaaaahhhh*

Mom carries me and dashes out to the corridor. She fumbles with the manual controls near the wall and manages to lock in the monster. The doors slide in and the monster bangs at the door violently. She is sobbing uncontrollably but still manages to run. We stop near Mr. Pink's room and she shouts out his name. She asks him to allow us in.

But the doors are locked.

He can't open the doors with his PDA.

*Shwiiift*

The doors open but not this one.

We run the opposite way but the corridor doors starts sliding down one by one.

*Shwiift*

We barely made it in.

*Shwift*

Two to go until we reach the hatch for the upper deck. When suddenly Mom throws me forward. I passed the next door before it closed. But...

I see my Mom making a satisfied smile while she collapses and kneels down with ragged breathing. She sees me one last time and shouts, 

"Run Tane"

*Shwiift*

The door closes not the one between me and Mom but the one near the hatch.

0