Chapter 80 – Coronation and Escort
249 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam spent most of his vacation with Suya in Glacier City. Adam bought some properties in the noble district as Glacier City's vitality was damaged by the war so property prices were low. With Glacier City's historical significance, he believes that his investment would be worth it.

As Adam and Suya were strolling in the city, they bumped into Barnie Lane. "Fancy seeing you here." he commented.

"Sir Barnie, hello. It's been a while. How are you?" Adam asked. After the prince 'bought' the production methods of Adam's products, he's held a monopoly on them. Barnie could only look for other strategic products. Though his family greatly contributed to the third prince, they wouldn't dare to fight him for alcohol.

"Well, it's been rough. Being a merchant is about the hustle, so it's fine. You guys sure are far from the southwest."

"We're on our breaks from the army. We're just here exploring the city." Suya was the one who clarrified.

"Oh? The army eh? I bet Adam's skills have surpassed mine already. It's already been a few years huh? Well anyway, will I be seeing you in the coronation?"

"I think I'll be on training duty, while Suya will be on duty." Adam could only sigh at his luck.

"That's too bad! I guess I'll be seeing you around. By the way, when will you sell your whiskey product?"

"I'm being careful. I don't want to have a trade war with the future king." Adam could only say bitterly.

....

"I'll be returning to my unit. Take care of yourself. My superior is an old superior of father, so it's not too bad. April is also in the next unit so we talk a lot. Don't worry about me too much." Suya said her farewell before Adam dropped her back at her camp.

Though Adam still had a month to go before he needs to return to his unit, he decided to cut his vacation short because he was lonely without Suya by his side. When he returned to his camp, most of the soldiers were doing exercises in groups and sparring. Everyone saluted when Adam walked by them.

"Why are you guys back? You still have a month of vacation."

"Well, it's the same reason as your Commander. We love the Army!" said one of the Captains.

Adam nearly tripped when he heard this answer. He returned because he was lonely, but thinking about it again, it had some truth in it. Adam knew his calling was in the army. Everything else was to help himself in the army.

"Alright! You may resume your activities. Though I have to say, I'm kind of proud to have this dedicated unit." everyone cheered when Adam said those words.

....

"Commander, from the information we gathered, 500 km into the mountains there is a clan war happening." Seth reported. The Adam Battalion was currently engaging in mountain snow warfare execises. They stumbled upod a group of southern mountain folk, so they asked around for the situation within the mountains.

"It's not worth it to fight the mountain folk in their own turf. We'll leave them be. The prince will conduct his coronation in the next two weeks so all unit execises are put on hold and all units are to be on alert. We're returning to the camp."

....

"Welcome back, Lt. Col. Josef." said the old General Peck. "During Spring, the new Queen and princess will arrive in the Kingdom. They will cross the Evs River and land here, in Mansk city. The VIPs will be escorted by our legion as they tour the country. So we've been excused from attending the coronation ceremony."

"Well, I guess it beats doing nothing." said one of the Lt. Gen.

"This is currently classified information, I believe everyone understands what I'm trying to say. I won't keep you all, dismissed!"

....

Though the coronation was happening in the north, the effects could be felt in the south. All the people had a festive mood and the atmosphere in the cities was lively. Adam couldn't help but imagine the festivities in the new capital. As Adam was daydreaming, Seth walked up to him and said "Sir, the rest of the unit is ready."

"It sure is weird that the Queen would be absent in the coronation of the King, But it's not our place meddle as soldiers. What's the estimated time of arrival for our VIPs?"

"An hour, after the VIPs arrive, the last batch of the empire's soldiers will depart. The empire sure likes to do things low-key. No wonder they could dominate the entire eastern continent." Seth was puzzled by the empire's actions.

"Beats me. Let's meet the unit. Also, send soldiers ahead to clear our path. I don't want to be picked on by our colleagues."

....

Adam didn't expect that from their arrival to the city, their departure, and arrival to the new capital, the queen and princess didn't come out from their mobile rooms. Adam could only sigh at the arrogant display, but he didn't really care.

The entire trip was nothing of much note. With the VIPs not exiting their quarters, the troop steamrolled through the entire Kingdom. They didn't encounter any bandits as Adam had his men sweep the entire path.

When they arrived at the capital and the VIPs were in the palace, Adam asked his general about their display of arrogance. The general's answer touched Adam. Apparently, the new queen was in a coma. The new king has been taking care of her for five years and their child has also always been by her mother's side. Part of the plot of the king's older brothers which led to his banishment dealt with the princess of the empire which is now King Kenn's queen. Adam teared up at the vague story. It could be turned into an epic.

....

When the legion was about to leave, General Peck was summoned into the royal court with other generals. The legion was then forced to camp at the outskirts of the city. When the general came back, he had a serious look on his face. He sorted his thoughts for a few minutes before summoning his Battalion commanders and above. His first words caused an uproar among those present, "We're going to war!"

3