1.10 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike for more logic and less dog blood!
1.4k 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an unknown place, far away from the current plane Rong XingLi is located at, occurred a big commotion. A soul forcibly sent his memories to his employed actor and changed his wish midway the mission! 

 

Said soul was Li Junyao, he used a big part of his remaining soul energy to send his memories to Rong XingLi and reinforce his soul power. 

 

An almighty voice reverberated the place, “Can you explain? You are my most competent creation. I don’t believe, you would make such a mistake.” 

 

A tall, yet graceful and solemn youth heeds the call, his mature demeanor betrayed his juvenile features, “Lord, I dare to say, that even I make mistakes. I’m responsible for two hosts at the moment. Moreover, one currently executes an upper mid-grade penalty mission. The prior mission severely damaged the soul’s original memories and soul power, it’s not certain, whether he will survive the penalty. The other host, who received the memories and power, is our newest employee. Therefore, my attention was completely occupied by the two and confidential information was leaked to the diminishing soul called Li Junyao.” 

 

The voice contemplated profoundly for a while, before answering, “En, I will believe you. But I will have to deduct a large part of your soul energy to stabilize the world’s law. Will you accept this punishment?” 

 

The youth kneeled down, poised and responded with clear acknowledgment, “Jing Yi heeds the command without complain.” 

 

*** 

 

It was a very awkward situation for Li Mengyao. The air in the car felt hair thin and an invisible pressure made it hard to relax on the passenger seat. Furthermore, Ruo Chen and Ah Jun behaved strangely. They were just fine at noon, but something big must have happened, for them to have started a cold war! 

 

“Ah Jun, say, where did you get this pretty suit from? It fits you so well,” probed Li Mengyao in hope it could ease the situation. 

 

Unfortunately, she touched a confounded topic. Rong XingLi’s eyes only rigidly stared at the scenery outside the car window, not minding the driver before him, his response apathetic, “It’s not mine, just borrowed. I’ll return it after today’s dinner.” 

 

A wry smile formed with Li Mengyao’s cherry lips. The temperature decreased by several degrees and she regretted her dumb question, the only person who could have bought him a custom made suit, could be nobody else but Ruo Chen! Apart from her and brother Ze, Li Junyao’s friend-list was pretty much empty. 

 

Amidst the low spirited situation, Ruo Chen opened his mouth to speak up, “Jun-er, I already said it was compensation to you. Take it, if you want, if not, then just throw it away ba. Tell me, what you like instead, I’ll get it for you.” 

 

The words he said, were overly indulging, however, Rong XingLi didn’t even glance at him. Just smacking his lips in dissatisfaction. 

 

Another blow landed onto his chest, Ruo Chen could only tighten his grip around the steering wheel, a powerless sigh escaped his mouth. 

 

Li Mengyao observed the short interaction between them. She could only shake her head in lament. After that, they kept their mouths shut. 

 

Regardless of how endless the tormenting ride seemed to be - they eventually reached the Li residence. The housekeeper awaited them eagerly, he patiently stood at the front door.  

 

However, he never expected to see Li Junyao sitting in the car of Young Master Ruo! Yet, the next thing that transpired, was even more unbelievable. Ruo Chen, who is officially engaged to young miss Li, went to the backseats first, to open the door for the unfavored Li Junyao! 

 

“Jun-er, we arrived, do you need help to get off?” asked Ruo Chen tenderly, his eyes never wandered off the youth before him, while he stretched out his hand. 

 

Rong XingLi just gave a simple “Noas an answer and refused to take his hand. 

 

Li Mengyao, who couldn’t stand Ruo Chen’s pitiful sight, hastily ran over. 

 

“Ah-haha, of course Ah Jun doesn’t need help, since you are already this big! Brother Chen don’t tease our Junyao, he’s stubborn at times. Please don’t mind it ba!” proclaimed Li Mengyao to save some face for Ruo Chen. Who in return gave an askew smile. 

 

The housekeeper’s eyes nearly fell out of his sockets. What did he just witness?  

 

The heir of the Ruo Group prostrated himself before the small and neglected son of a just established wealthy family. Said son even got away with outrightly rejecting him, while the sister and fiancée comforted the dejected conglomerate son. 

 

The housekeeper decided to keep out of this affair and instructed a nearby maid to inform the Li couple beforehand and rearrange for one more person. 

 

Then he led them to the dining room, where the Li parents were sitting with a perfect smile pasted on their face.  

 

Xiao Chen, come in, come in! We were waiting for you,” said Li mother energetic. 

 

Ruo Chen replied perfunctory, “Ma’am, excuse me for being late, the traffic was horrible.” 

 

Madam Li broke into a big smile, even her makeup couldn’t conceal her wrinkles, as she asserted, “Oh my! Don’t apologize, mother-in-law doesn’t blame you, we will be family soon enough, no need to be so reserved ba. Take a seat, dinner will be served soon!” 

 

“I will, thank you Madam Li,” responded Ruo Chan succinctly. His expression stayed the same throughout the brief greeting, neither excited nor unpleased. 

 

However, the Li couple interpreted it differently, that he is in a bad mood. He continued to call them like strangers, even after their open proclamation. That could only mean, that something was not to his liking and the first thing, that they came up with, was only their good for nothing son! 

 

Speak of the devil, the useless thing stood beside Ruo Chen, where their darling Li Mengyao should stand! 

 

No wonder, he was in a bad mood, they too became sour, whenever they saw his sickly appearance. 

 

Rong XingLi, who in fact didn’t want to stand there either, had to endure their hostile stares and act intimidated and retiring, while his thoughts scolded them 1000 times. 

 

If he could, he would like to have a long and nice talk about parenthood and childcare! 

 

Earlier, when he received parts of Li Junyao’s memory, his heart was utterly shaken. 

 

The early years of this child were occupied with a white hospital ceiling, the visits of the physicians were plenty, but those of his parents could be counted with one hand. Still, he never blamed them and was very sensible. The child eventually persuaded himself, that it was fortunate enough, to have parents that could effort his life saving, but costly treatment.  

 

Thus, he never complained.  

 

When he saw the healthy and cheerful girl, that resembled him, but could make them laugh and love her. He mimicked her, but soon realized, after dozens of failures, that he couldn’t become her. His parents didn’t want him. 

 

So, he resigned to his fate and shrunk his presence to the minimum. 

 

The only one, who cared for him, was his twin sister. She would secretly give him food, when he was hungry or play with him inside, because of his asthma. He liked her, because she liked him. Their parents also praised her all time, so he was convinced, that she was an angel sent to him. 

 

However, at some point he couldn’t deceive himself any longer. Li Mengyao would someday find her love and leave him. Yet, that day came sooner than expected and it was with a guy, who definitely wouldn’t cherish her! 

 

In desperation, he, for the first time, rebelled against his parents, who in return, locked him into his room, after slapping him. 

 

Following that, his sister got her heart broken, but the parents didn’t care. Instead they fawned over Ruo Heng and even tried to, once again, engage Li Mengyao to the Ruo family. But he rejected her, he didn’t want to have an “used” women. In that aspect, he was even more of a scumbag than Ruo Chen. Li Mengyao’s image was done for and their parents started to treat her colder than before. 

 

Li Junyao asked himself many times, why did my sister have to suffer? She didn’t do anything wrong, hence, he confronted Ruo Chen. It was then, that he finally discovered the truth.  

 

Because he was annoying and disliked, that his sister was played with. 

 

Because Ruo Chen got addicted and already lost his status as the heir, that the Li parents left this sinking ship and abandoned his sister. 

 

He lost all hope. If he hadn’t meddled into this whole thing from the start, then his sister could have been happy.  

 

Thus, when Ruo Chen got drugged and forced him, he already lost all his strength to fight back. 

 

Afterwards, Ruo Chen came looking for him many times to relieve himself, he blackmailed him into s*x or he would tell Li Mengyao about their physical relationship. 

 

Out of fear to be hated by his only ally, he agreed, but of course he hated that beast and tried to kill Ruo Chen. 

 

However, he was too clumsy and couldn’t outwit Ruo Chen. His attempts failed and every time would end with him being pushed down onto the bed. 

 

It was truly tragic, to the point of absurdity! 

 

Simply, because Li Junyao’s threat-level was even less than a herbivore’s. He tried to stab Ruo Chen to death with a tiny fruit knife and easily got overthrown. Then he tried sleeping pills, but those were placebo fakes with no real dose. Don’t forget the seduction and strangle cliché. 

 

After sleeping with Ruo Chen, Li Junyao tried to strangle him in his sleep, but he was too weak and was pushed down for round two! 

 

How could a law student only think of such measly ways to kill a muscular guy like Ruo Chen and make such obvious mistakes?! 

 

It’s very likely, that Li Junyao either was too timid or already helplessly in love without knowing.  

 

With no way out, he pleaded for help from his parents. They wanted him to poison Ruo Chen under Ruo Heng’s instructions. But he declined and sided with Ruo Chen. 

 

In the end he still got accused to have colluded with Ruo Heng, was left by his parents and lastly his affair with Ruo Chen was discovered by Li Mengyao. He was ruined, afterwards he took the poison meant for Ruo Chen and died lonely and inglorious with many regrets and self-depreciation. 

 

Rong XingLi experienced all that, like it was his own life. Hence, he felt utter contempt for the Ruo and Li family.  

 

But the real headache was Li Junyao. This boy, he couldn’t understand him. 

 

According to Jing Yi, Li Junyao paid a heavy price for sharing his memories and soul power with him. 

 

It’s not even guaranteed, that Li Junyao could retake his body, once Rong XingLi completed his mission. 

 

But the strangest thing was the new task with top priority, he received. 

 

1. Let Ruo Chen live, but don’t let him obtain his deepest desire.” 

 

Can the task be a bit clearer and not as poetic as now?! 

 

How should he know what this a**hole truly desires? 

 

“Jing Yi, is that some kind of bullying? Where is the respect for your elders? Tell me, will you?” asked Rong XingLi defeated, the more plot he discovered the more complicated the situation got. 

 

“Ding— Host please calm down. That is Li Junyao’s sincere wish. Because the difficulty is much higher rated, than the usual beginner tasks, there will be very generous rewards, if it is completed satisfactorily for the task giver. Also, host doesn’t need to fulfill the original first task anymore,” assured Jing Yi. 

 

“En,” responded Rong XingLi, “That is one thing, but why can’t I look straight at Ruo Chen, without having this very complicated stuffy feeling in my chest?” 

 

“Ding— Does host mean ‘love’ with ‘this feeling’?” verified Jing Yi. 

 

“Argh! Don’t call it out loudly, it’s embarrassing. Yeah, exactly that! It’s definitely not mine, so it must be Li Junyao’s, but why would he wish something like this and pay with his life, when he is actually worried about Ruo Chen?” chipped Rong XingLi in. 

 

Jing Yi didn’t respond right away, “Ding— ...That is something host doesn’t need to know. Please concentrate on the task, the human heart and psyche is vast and complicated. It’s a tragedy world, don’t mind the details.” 

 

“...En.” 

 

Haha, it’s a tragedy! A world filled with dog blood, where nobody is allowed to be happy easily! Doesn’t that confirm my role as the pitiful cannon-fodder?! Your mother! I want to quit. 

 

Thus, Rong XingLi decided to stop thinking about logic. 

 

Back to reality, mother Li invited them to take a seat. The adults on one side and the engaged pair should sit on the other. Unfortunately, the trouble maker tagged along. At least he looked neatly for today and kept quiet until now. It would be good, if he remained like a wooden doll beside their side for the rest of the day and let the pair nurture their relationship. 

 

The Li couple indicated with their eyes for Rong XingLi to take the farthest seat. He followed their command wordlessly. 

 

What they didn’t expect, was that Ruo Chen followed him like a baby chick his mother hen. Li Mengyao even held the Li couple’s hands to stop them, she shook her head inconspicuously. 

 

Earlier, when they entered the estate, Ruo Chen wouldn’t leave Rong XingLi’s side by even a step, who purposely walked behind them. But whenever Ruo Chen touched him, Ah Jun would angrily glare at him and stop in his tracks, so would Ruo Chen. Li Mengyao had to push her brother forward or the food would have long gotten cold, by the time they arrived. 

 

Li mother gave her a reprimanding stare. However, Li Mengyao could only helplessly endure, they would soon enough understand why. 

 

And they did, because Ruo Chen, who sat beside Rong XingLi totally ignored the outside world. 

 

“Jun-er, what would you like to eat?” 

 

“If you can’t reach a dish, I’ll help you, okay?” 

 

“Jun-er, you liked the braised pork belly last time, right? Here eat up ba.” 

 

Today’s dinner was Chinese style, just like the last time, they went out to eat. 

 

Rong XingLi’s mouth twitched, he wanted to play cool and unfeeling, but he really wanted to eat this stuff! He still dreamed of the crispy, yet tender duck, the juicy and fresh vegetable and the fragranced white rice!  

 

Moreover, he tried his best to ignore Ruo Chen, but that brat was like a sticky candy. This body would always skip a beat, whenever he almost touched him or sweetly call him “Jun-er”. 

 

Rong XingLi almost suspected that he contracted a serious heart disease. 

 

To his relief, the Li parents weren’t any better off. Their faces contorted quite ugly. 

 

Li Mengyao in the contrary expected as much and just enjoyed her food unperturbed.  

 

The dinner almost finished and Li mother couldn’t stand it any longer and opened her mouth in the hope to stop their interaction, “Xiao Chen, don’t only feed Junyao ba. He can eat by himself, you should eat something too.” 

 

However, Ruo Chen casually reflected her request, "It's okay, Madam Li. I’m not hungry at all. I think I even gained too much weight lately, dieting doesn’t sound bad.” 

 

Li Mengyao at the side repressed her laughter. The Ruo Chen, that behaved like a maiden, seemed more relaxed and authentic than the overbearing princeling. 

 

The smile on Madam Li’s face cracked visibly. Li Mengyao only shifted her head slightly to the side to avoid the piercing glare. After that, Madam Li gave her husband a signal, Master Li caught on and decided to get straight to the point, “Xiao Chen, I’m asking as a father and wish for your sincere answer. What do you think about our Mengyao?” 

 

Li Mengyao was flustered, “Daddy, how can you ask that in the presence of Ah Jun?!” screamed she abruptly. If Ruo Chen didn’t stop her, she would have blurted out, "He’s in love with Ah Jun!” 

 

The Li couple thought they were simply shy and waited for Ruo Chen’s positive answer. 

 

“Mengyao is quite lovely, virtuous and beautiful. She will be a good wife and mother in the future,” uttered Ruo Chen, Li Mengyao tensed and the Li parents' eyes brightened up, until he continued, “but I want to break off the engagement, since we both already have another person in our heart.” 

 

The Li couple was stupefied, Li Mengyao was relieved and Rong XingLi panicked. He had a bad premonition, couldn’t that guy, at least give a signal before he dropped the bomb? Now he can’t go hide in the toilet or Junyao’s room anymore. 

 

Tha-thatyou must be joking, right Xiao Chen? Either way just think about it again and Mengyao it’s the first time I hear about, you liking someone. Xiao Chen you must be mistaken ba,” said Madam Li flustered. She didn’t believe, what he just said. 

 

“Madam Li, excuse the sudden declaration, but I’d like to apologize to Mengyao in private ba.” 

 

Thus, he grabbed the listless daughter and walked outside to the garden for a walk. Only three people remained. The Li couple gave Rong XingLi, who leisurely continued to eat, a vicious glare. 

 

Master Li couldn’t repress his anger any longer anymore and shouted, “You-you rascal! What did you say to Ruo Chen?! How can he suddenly not be interested in Mengyao anymore? Didn’t we already told you to keep away from Ruo Chen! 

 

Rong XingLi chewed his food and took a napkin to clean his mouth and smacked his lips in dissatisfaction, he wasn’t full yet. 

 

Bye-bye dumplings. Bye Szechuan hot pot. I won’t be able to see you for a long time. Sob, sob. 

 

Jing Yi: “Ding— Host please continue acting.” 

 

Rong XingLi: “Yeah, I know, but that will anger them more. Ah, my delicious food. Tsk, I don’t want to deal with stupid people.” 

 

Madam Li grew impatient watching him so calm and composed. She flared up and shouted, “Stop eating already. That’s not meant for you!” 

 

He just glared at her with his sharp eyes and intimidated her slightly. 

 

However, she restored her momentum and demanded hysterically, “Why wouldn’t you say something?!” 

 

“Didn’t I do exactly what you wanted? I didn’t say a single thing to him the whole evening. I just did what he told me to do – meet my family,” said he like a wronged child. 

 

You good for nothing, I’m asking you what did before today! Don’t play dumb, you must’ve planned all this!” yelled Master Li. 

 

“Father, what could I have done, aren’t you overestimating me? I was working and learning nonstop! After all, I have to pay rent by myself! I can show you proof of my multiple part-time jobs. I didn’t have time to bother him. Didn’t you say I should keep my distant? I did, so what, now I’m at fault, that he fell in love with someone I don’t know? Do you think I can stand chance against him in any way? I can’t even run 10 m without breaking out into sweat, he can beat me with one of his fingers. If he didn’t drag me along today, I wouldn’t even know you wanted to meet up. How could I have planned anything, ah!” responded Rong XingLi aggrieved, he even pushed out one or two crocodile tears. 

 

Master Li couldn’t come up with a retort, but Madam Li still maligned him, to vent her anger, “Tsk, then how do you explain his overly caring attitude towards you? Did you seduce him somehow? Did you sell your body to him? I’m disgusted, you aren’t my son anymore! I should have killed you in my womb, when they diagnosed you to be disabled. Turned out, that you were sick after all, to sell yourself to a man!” 

 

In that moment, Rong XingLi felt like his heart got stabbed by thousands of needles, those vicious words deeply hurt Li Junyao and were the same he had to listen to in the original timeline. 

 

Madam some words should never be said to your child and you said them twice! 

 

He gritted his teeth and continued his acting, “Mother, I didn’t! There’s no way I would do that! Why won’t you believe your son.” 

 

“You are not my son! Don’t call me that, your whole existence is wrong,” Madam Li let all her frustration out on Rong XingLi. 

 

It was then, when a cold voice echoed through the hall, “Madam Li, can you repeat what you just said?” 

 

Haha, nobody wants to part with food. Sob, sob, I'm nearly out of stockpile chapters. In fact the updates will slow down after the next chapter (._. '). Hold the tissues ready for part 11, it can be a multi-purpose tool to vent your emotions. Feel free to vote on the poll! Added multiple-choice, since more than one thing will happen *slap on the forehead for setting the poll wrong*

What do you think will happen in part 11?
  • Drama baby! Votes: 34 41.5%
  • RomCom Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Tofu for the hungry Votes: 19 23.2%
  • we will roast Chen Votes: 15 18.3%
  • our MC gets hurt Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Jing Yi saves the day Votes: 13 15.9%
  • humiliation for the Li parents Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Li Mengyao teases Ruo Chen Votes: 15 18.3%
Total voters: 82
33