The Update Has Started
565 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
this is the first chapter. i know i might jump between the first and third person and my story and writing might be terrible but please take it with a bit of salt. also, i use the letter i well to much as i can't flow the conversation much otherwise.

if you find a error in like wording or such let me know

hope you enjoy

 

hi everyone my name is Lucas i am 18 and just started my college course about accountancy. in case your wondering i don't want to do it but i need to do some higher education. not like i need it to survive as i am the world's youngest billionaire. and did i mention i am the richest too? not like my parents know as i did it all from stocks building businesses and then leaving it to the managers CEOs and my secretary. anyway, today was like any other day for me. i woke up at 6 am checked the stock market bought some stocks sold others. i then checked my email to receive an update from my secretary on my business and sent a reply back. then when 7:30 am came by i finished it and went into my kitchen.

"hi son" my mom said to me as i walked into the kitchen towards the island where my mum prepared my breakfast. it was just a simple sandwich and some fruit but i am still happy she made it for me.

"morning mum. thanks for making my breakfast" i say to her as i was up to her and give her a kiss on the cheek before grabbing my food to take to the Livingroom to watch t.v

as i was about to exit the kitchen i heard a voice. well heard is a weird word as it came from all over the place and i felt it in a place i never even knew was there.

congratulations everyone of universe  289574 your universe is finally getting updated to the recent update. as the update is to big and will take over 100 years to temper to the planet the basic barebones of the update will be installed now. please check the update log that is sent straight to your soul for any information. also please note as you have just started the universal update there is a safe period of 1 month where all old laws are still valid. as a bonus for it taking so long to update the universe every living being that has a conscious being will be given a gift of their choice. due note that overpowered gifts will be invalid for example immortality, unlimited magic, unlimited strength please choose wisely as it is the only free gift given by the creator. children under the age of 16 can not receive their free gift until they reached that age. enjoy the update and have a lovely cycle.

 

after the voice sounded i felt information being shoved into my head it gave me such a headache i had to scream. luckily i wasn't the only one as my mum and dad were too. after what felt like an hour but according to my watch was only 5 minutes the so-called update was finished and the update log appeared in my head.

groggily i got up and walked over to my mum to make sure she is safe.

"mum you ok?" i asked as i helped her get up. after looking her over there was no damage as the knife she used to cut the fruit and salad was luckily not a very sharp one.

"yes, son thank you. i need to go check on your dad can you please pick up the mess quickly" and with that she left. not knowing why i just looked at her shrugged and went to pick up the items we dropped. but somewhere deep inside i felt an emotion that i somehow knew wasn't mine. it was both worried and happy at the same time. pausing in my cleaning i studied the emotion a bit. finding out it had a direction to it and it was happy. weirded out i ignored it for the time being to finish cleaning. soon after I felt worry coming from this other emotion. 

after i finished picking up the last grape from the floor and put it in the bin i started to look at this so-called update log.

after reading it over i hazard a guess this emotion i am feeling that isn't mine is my so-called soulmate. happy at that as i never had a girlfriend i wanted to go towards her as soon as i can. but first, i had to make sure my family is ok and also maybe even getting my gift before i leave. so i walked out of the room and into the living room where my dad normally is before 8:30 when he leaves for work.

as i am about to enter i can hear a heated discussion.

"listen i know what you're saying but i cant help it i want to know who it is. i will be back later to discuss this i need to phone for a day off work to find out who it is and get my emotions into order" i hear my dad saying

"but what about the life we built the 24 years we have been together, what about our son!" i hear my mum shouting. i best not get involved in this as obviously their world turned upside down. as i turned to go back into my room to get my car keys i had an idea. so before i left i sat down and had a thought.

as everyone has soul mates and a majority of things can now be bought via the store i doubt any stores or stocks i have in said stores are worth it now. i also think that because we have access to different worlds at least according to the update there should be better phones and such as they already have the update before us. as i was thinking such i logged into my stock account and proceeded to sell them all then and there. i then cashed out to my bank everything from my stock account then i proceeded to go to the accounts i had my secretary deal with and sell everything that i do not need.  no point keeping them when they will go under in less than a month.

 

after cashing everything out and emailing my secretary telling them that everything is sold and i don't require them anymore and there final pay is in there account i looked at my bank.

Welcome to the bank of the world mr lucas
current balance £500,000,000,000.00

 

ok with this i should have a good amount of universal currency. with that, i thought of the shop and followed through everything till i get to the exchange.

Welcome to the exchange center where you can exchange any currency into universal currency. as your world has just changed there is a 1 month period of congratulations ratio. the ratio is currently 1:1 after the period is over ratio will go down to 1:100. would you like to exchange?

after reading the exchange centers words i decided to exchange everything other than 1 million as i normally do not use money that much. but upon thinking further i decided to leave 10million in case something crops up. with that, all my money is now in universal credit.

while i was doing this i keep having a feeling of excitement and happiness flowing through the bond i have with my soulmate. i feel like they are happy knowing they have a soulmate out there and that we can meet. with my affairs sorted i decided to get the gift over with then go find this soulmate of mine as the anticipation and happiness i feel flowing to me makes me feel bad if i don't go to her soon.

well, to be honest, i always had a thought that if i had a wish what would it be in case i get isekai or something like this happens. mostly everyone wish's for power or money or something but my wish is simple. with that in my mind, i select the gift icon

please state what gift you would like

ok here goes.

"i wish for a body that i can change everything about it with no limits," i said hopefully it doesn't violate the overpowered meter that its designed. after what felt like a solid 5 minutes but was most likely 1 i got my answer.

wish is granted body will now go under change please give 5 seconds for the change to complete. all information on how to use the gift will be integrated with your soul.

as soon as i read that everything went black. i couldn't feel or sense anything. just as quickly as it happened it disappeared. with my body able to do anything i wish i decided to go meet this soulmate of mine. and maybe play a prank on her while i was at it. with that, i leave my house and start driving towards my soulmate

 

 

10