Guards are Stupid!
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God these manacles are annoying why'd he have to go and put them on. I stop as the manacles drop off from my wrists the guardsman having to lead the way is a few steps ahead of me. Blasted metallic things where touching my hands of course they would drop. "What was that?"
"Just the manacles dropping off like I told you they would." 
"Guess I'll have to guide you there with my sword at your back." 
"Or you could just take me wherever you wish without doing that because I am not going to run away."
"I'll do what I said I would."
"As you wish though it is quite pointless I will not resist and I have yet to break any laws I'm sure of it." Surely the powers that I possess as a paladin would have told me if I was going to be breaking any rules or whatever in this place? I mean unless a broke a ton of them when I was unconscious? Maybe I've been stripped of my powers! No I surely would have noticed if I was I can still feel it at the edge of my mind. 

He walks behind me completely silent not telling me anything at all. Ahead of us is a distraught women. I wonder what exactly she's caught up she's scratching at the debris on a building. "Are we going to help the women ahead of us?" 
"What women ahead of us. Don't try and trick me."
"I would never, that would break my oaths!" I feel exasperated at him I feel like I've said the same thing multiple times and he just doesn't understand it. Just like I told him the manacles would break if he placed them how he had. Are all guardsmen here this dumb or is it just this one? 
The lady falls through a hole in the ground her feet waving in the air. The guard pushes me aside and has a look. "Hmm I can't see them are you sure." 
"Yes the legs kicking in the air now can we hurry up and help them." 
I feel a shove on my side and then is past me running over to the hole. What a rude individual first not believing me and then rushing past me without asking for my aid like that. Well then I'd best head over after him.

I arrive at the scene he's carried the woman out of the pit she's got a wound on her head. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? Best focus on what I can for now I turn down to the sobbing lady. "Madam what were you doing digging through all that rubble?" 
"My child! MY child is still down there." I dive into the rubble and begin to look around. 
"This is Vilaut. We have a missing child in the 13th sector. Hello?" I wonder what exactly he is yelling into? Why can this kind of thing never be simple just a simple Paladin Burst and I could see where they are but nope rubble in the way and I have no clue of their actual age and I doubt she'd be helpful in the state she was in. "Bloody hell they are supposed to be quick on the response."
"Vilaut we've dispatched an adventurer to your location. Squad 1 will deploy to your location as fast as they can." What in the world is an adventurer never heard of a being like that before. I don't think I'm still in my original world then. Not the first time but this time is a lot more annoying what with no one looking for me.
"Roger that command I'll be looking whilst I'm hear with the individual I've detained." 
"Copy, please find the child as quick as possible."

By my estimate we have spent 30 minutes searching through the debris and nothing has been found. Something about this just doesn't sit right with me. I pause and look up at the guardsmen. "Where the hell is that adventurer , whatever that is should they not be here by now? Also where is the squad?"
"They should be." I grasp the pillar and pull it up the woman does underneath it as the pillar begins to turn rusty in my grip. Why is there a metal pillar in here what exactly is going on?
The woman comes out from under the pillar a bundle in her arms mumbling beneath her breath.
Another group of guards comes bursting into the area. "We came when we rece-." The area shuts around us as if they have triggered some kind of trap the women begins to glow red and the smell of blood assaults me. Could she be a demon of some sort. 
"Argh." I feel the wall on my back and a dent in the armour. The taste of iron in my mouth. She's strong. Really strong. Black clouds over my vision.

2