Chapter 9: Kohana
1.4k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was now back to school, I almost got dropped out, if only the police didn't notify about my circumstances in advance

But for me this is okay since I don't even have anything to do.

Currently I was going to school with Miyuki.

Vincent: Did anything happened while I was gone?

Miyuki: Nothing really happened...

She was pretty happy that I was going to school with her.

Miyuki: But I was totally worried about you...

She leaned over to me, she whispered.

Miyuki: I was hoping that you would give me some reward that I did as your orders.

Vincent: You could wait for now, I'll give it to you when the time comes.

Miyuki: I am looking forward to it Vincent.

I know about her in game, so how about I use that knowledge? After school I should go to the market and see the things she might be interested in.

...

Nothing much happened except I now know that the three has befriended each other, so it's all normal till the end of school hours.

Now my current destination is the market.

With my allowance from "father" I can afford to buy that.

The thing I bought is a teddy bear, it was the teddy bear that Miyuki chose, when Vincent in the game doesn't know that he was her niece.

But I was immediately stopped by something...

I saw a girl getting dragged inside the dark alley.

The girl was struggling as four other men are holding her in place, while the fourth one are covering her mouth.

I am trained to protect civilians since that is the motto of the army I was part in the past...just seeing it and ignoring it makes me feel like I am disrespecting my squad.

So I decided to follow and alerted the police, while I intended to buy time just so these four men could not escape.

Then I heard something.

???: Your family decided to sell you to us huh? 

She struggled but her effort are in vain as they where four holding her.

???: This young lass aren't even our taste we can just sell her right?

???: Yeah just hold her in place just so we would not alert the police

???: If you dare to bite my hand I'll just sell you to those weird men that want young girls like you.

She then stopped.

She knows that if she struggled she'll just suffer more.

The four men heard my footsteps.

Vincent: You four what are you doing here with a young girl?

I heard them whisper to each other "We've been discovered" or "Shit I thought we aren't gonna be seen if we take this route"

One of them stood in front.

???: Hey there young man we are jus-

Vincent: I hear your conversation, release her or I'll call the police.

???: Tsk, do it then we'll just beat you to death before the police arrive here.

He then gestured one of them to just hold the young girl in place.

???: Now!

I just need to buy a few more seconds before the police arrives.

Vincent: So be it.

Learning CQC is important for soldier, and this three are just thugs on the streets.

As they rushed I backed away, I avoided him and grabbed his arm, I then pinned him to the ground, while I was lite unlike my past self, it is still pretty effective when they weren't expecting that I would avoid it.

The two immediately rushed, I know that I won't win because they have numbers, I only need is to buy time.

The second man grabbed a piece of metal near the trash, but he stopped when they heard a police siren approaching.

???: Shit! looks like this kid already reported us! run!

But as they run towards the end of the alley, a police car showed up, same thing happened on my back.

Being surrounded they tried to breakthrough but to no avail, as the police have a gun on them.

But no one of the police who panicked, shot one of them.

After knowing that one of them has been shot they stopped and surrendered.

The police approached the girl and released her hands and feet from being tied up.

After talking to the police, she approached me. 

???: T-thank you!

I just nod to her and decided to go home immediately.

...

I didn't know was that she followed me all the way to my apartment, I just noticed it when I was on my apartment, and her head was sticking out on the stairs.

Approaching her I asked.

Vincent: Why did you follow me?

???: ...

Vincent: Haah...then I am just gonna ask what are your parents conta-

???: No! not them!

Vincent: Then why?

???: T-they sold me...if I go back they'll just sold me again...

Does this kid suffered abuse from her parents?

Vincent: What's your name? 

???: ...Kohana

I feel bad...I don't know what to say so I might need to hear what Miyuki's suggestion is.

Opening my apartment, there Miyuki are currently cooking.

Miyuki: Welcome ho~me? who's this girl?

Her reaction was cautious.

Vincent: Found her on a dark alley being carried by four men forcefully.

Miyuki: So you saved her?

Vincent: Kind of? but it's the police that do everything after all.

Miyuki: I got it, then she want to live here?

I was surprised.

Vincent: Yeah based on her words of she were to go back her parents would just sold her again.

The look on Miyuki's eyes became calm, the reason is she kind of understand the girl's circumstances, its like how her parents doesn't even care for her.

Miyuki: We can take her in that is...the problem is the police.

So she knows it too huh taking in a random kid has its dangers.

Miyuki: But I can take care of it.

As expected of Miyuki, like in the game she can mislead the police huh.

Imagining it I got pretty scared, and my trauma almost kicked in.

Kohana who heard us talk about accepting her in was relieved.

Vincent: You can live here, that is on one condition.

Kohana: Yes?

Vincent: Always follow our orders, no question asked okay?

She nod.

After that I made a call on my "father" informing him that I picked up a child, but father who heard her story agreed.

 

 

What I didn't know was that in the future I would regret taking her in.

 

 

50