Chapter 20: Accident
708 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up feeling alarmed. I heard the screams of people, but it's not just any random people, those screams are from my squad.

Looking around confused, I realized that I was in that mission again. I removed the helmet I have on, then I heard hundreds of gunshots that started raining upon us from the enemies above the mountain.

They discovered us before we could infiltrate deep into the night, now that they've started to use flares we were all spotted in the open field among the forest as we were just about to infiltrate.

It feels unreal...that I came back...that I saw my squad die and get captured again...

As I grasped the rifle that I was holding, I saw one of my squad members that were still alive -were- coming at me, he was yelling at me something, but my hearing started to get muffled so much so that even the sounds of gunfire couldn't be heard by me anymore.

But there's something weird, why is he crying? you know you could leave me here and retreat for now, why aren't you doing it?

Again this time he held my hands grasping it firmly, he then brought his body closer.

Wa-wait he-hey what are you doing?!

This time I woke up for real.

Opening my eyes, I saw the teary eyed Miyuki, while her body was hugging me tightly.

We stared at each other then our eyes met, we stared at each other, after a bit of silence she talked.

Miyuki: Are you alright? You seemed to be having a nightmare Vincent.

Vincent: Ah...so you're the reason my dream became weird.

Miyuki: What do you mean?

Vincent: Forget about that, is breakfast ready?

Miyuki: Yep!

Vincent: Then let's go, Kohana might be waiting for us.

...

I was currently out right now, together with Miyuki we were going to the place that Kohana said was her home together with her parents that sold her.

When we arrived to the location, what we found was construction, the house that she told us about was nowhere to be seen, it was in tatters. 

The reason we came here was to at least get the papers needed for Kohana because we can't just always keep her home forever, and if her identification papers were lost we can only access it on the internet that only her parents have access to.

The problem we are facing right now is that her parents aren't here and the place that Kohana has told us about is also gone as well.

Miyuki turned towards me and asked.

Miyuki: What do we do now?

Vincent: I don't really know what to do...

Miyuki: This will be hard...I still would like Kohana to stay with us since it feels like I am the mother and you are the father.

Vincent: ...

I don't really know what to say right now.

Vincent: Let's go home for now okay?

Miyuki: Okay~

...

As we entered the train, Miyuki held my hands.

It is crowded as usual but this is nothing since this is normal.

The train closed its doors and had already left the station.

While inside the crowded train she was practically on top of me the entire time. I could feel her whole body, the only thing that was separating us were our clothes.

All I can say is that I am having a hard time right now, mostly with Miyuki not doing anything about it.

Vincent: Umm Miyuki?

Miyuki: I'm alright with this.

Vincent: You sure?

Miyuki: Of course it's you after all.

Vincent: uhm...

Please Miyuki...it's getting hard, please spare me.

Miyuki: Want to d-

The train suddenly shook violently, after that we felt like we were falling.

Before I could figure out what just happened, I heard screams of agony and cries for help.

I tried to look outside, -but- it's dark and only a little light could be seen.

Miyuki, who was with me, started firmly hugging my body, the moment she felt the train crashing or falling into something she tightened her grip on me.

I felt Impact on my head. I only felt it for a split second and the pain was suddenly gone, I didn’t know that my head was already bleeding from hitting the ceiling of the train too hard.

I checked to see if Miyuki was okay.

Vincent: Miyuki, are you okay?

Miyuki: N-no...I feel pain coming from my stomach, how about you Vincent, you have blood coming out of your head.

Ignoring the blood coming out from my head, I backed away a bit to see what her injuries were, I saw that a rebar pierced her in the stomach, it came directly outside the door of the train.

furthermore the train we’re in is already tilted, other people who just became aware slid down as they started to panic. 

I don't know what happened but all I know is that right now I have to get Miyuki out of that rebar and immediately stop her blood from flowing out.

Vincent: Miyuki I'll forcibly remove you out of that rebar, can you bear with the pain?

Miyuki: Y-yes...

Vincent: Hold on to me tighter!

I pulled her out.

Miyuki: AAAGGHH!

Vincent: Just bear with it!

Miyuki: AAAAAAAHHH!!

She screamed from the pain while I pulled it out.

Halfway being pulled, she lost her consciousness, while pulling her the dizziness and the headache worsened.

I don't know if what I am doing is right or wrong, but I lost consciousness the same time that I gave up pulling Miyuki out..

...

The ceiling...why am I in the hospital again?

I tried to turn my head to my surroundings, to my surprise -d- I saw someone I didn’t recognize at first until I heard her say brother.

???: Brother...

As she called my name, I turned my head towards her. When she noticed that I was finally awake she immediately approached me.

???: Brother! I was so worried that you were going to die...now you’ve woken up, I'm glad...

Then I remembered Miyuki who was pierced by a rebar.

Vincent: W-where's Miyuki?...

I said it in a low voice since I felt totally exhausted right now.

???: Miyuki she too is okay but she's in a critical condition, her wound worsened because it seems like she struggled to break free from the rebar that pierced her.

Vincent: R-really?

???: It's true the rescuers managed to safely reach Miyuki and you brother, both of you two were in a critical condition since you suffered internal bleeding in the brain, at the same time, Miyuki is still in critical condition unlike you who are now fairly safe from the bleeding.

Vincent: Then...I...just made it worse for Miyuki...

I feel depressed that I made it much worse for her

???: Yeah...Brother are you really like that? did something change? It's been awhile since we've seen each other but right now you sound like you prioritize Miyuki's safety more...don't tell me...have you two-

Vincent: Stop that, don't come to a conclusion immediately like that.

???: I know I know, besides, I was just joking you know?

Vincent: So what are you doing here Rosalia?

Rosalia: Come on- e- brother, did you really change that much?

Vincent: Yeah I did change.

Rosalia: Our father brought me here because I pleaded to him, I was so worried about you brother.

Vincent: Thanks for worrying about me.

When I became quiet I planned to apologize to Miyuki...I wasn't really thinking at that time and only acted upon what I know...it resulted in Miyuki still being in a critical condition.

 

Edited by: ThatOne

 

24