Chapter 22: Probing and Ran
701 10 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The usually talkative Kohana is now quiet, she who was eating together with us right now won't even look at us.

I know I was wrong, but it's better to resolve this situation as early as possible.

Vincent: Umm Kohana?

Kohana: W-what is it Brother Vincent?

Still she didn’t even dare to look at us.

Vincent: Errr...

Miyuki: Please don't tell anyone about this...

Kohana: T-that night?

Miyuki: ...Yes...

I don't really know what to do.

This continued on until Rosaria came back.

...

Rosaria: So what the heck happened while I was gone?

Miyuki/Vincent/Kohana: ...

Rosaria: You know right now I am losing my appetite eating with you three here, brother tell me honestly, what happened?

Vincent: ...

Rosaria: Won't talk huh...

I can't say it, as in I totally can't say it or else....just remembering how Miyuki manages to get the Police attention away from her in the novel, completely controlling the situation...to be honest it scares me.

Vincent: Ah Rosaria, I have a question to ask.

Rosaria: Changing the subject are we?

Vincent: It's about your stay here, when will you leave?

Rosaria: Next week...Oi brother, answer me. What happened?

Vincent: Well uhhh...

Rosaria: Kohana, you are the one who seems the quietest out of them, how about you come with me. While I am here, I’ll explore the tourist sites here, wanna come?

Kohana: Really?!

Rosaria: Really.

Kohana: Yay!

Vincent: Can we c-

Rosaria: No. Only she will come with me.

Vincent: ...

Dammit I want to escape reality right now.


Ran… She was the one left that can take care of the shrine as her parents both died in an accident, but she doesn't have a problem financially as her parents have left her with their hard-earned money.

After her parents died, other people that were taking care of the shrine left one by one until she was the only one left. They left because not many people believe in superstition, they believed that even donations are not worth their time anymore, the only reason Ran hadn’t left yet was because of her parent's will.

While she was alone, she took care of the shrine, at the same time she was getting more and more detached from her friends. It’s gotten to the point where they aren't even calling her out to karaoke anymore as they thought that she probably had something to do at the shrine again.

Then, for the first time, she saw someone that caught her eyes. He was someone that was totally in her strike zone. After gathering more information she discovered that he was someone from the same year as her.

Months passed and she gathered her will to confess. She was unsure if he would even acknowledge it, but to her surprise he accepted her.

A week passed after getting accepted, the two dated, months passed and they even reached the kissing stage, but it stopped there as that time frame she also started to have doubts as rumors started to spread that her boyfriend was dating someone else.

Thus, she decided that she wanted to know the truth, following them on their "Date" she saw him kissing the girl that was with him romantically, just like how he had kissed her back then.

When she thinks about it she feels jealous and disgusted at the same time, but jealousy still wins. 

She decided to confront him the next day as she gave him time to go have a "date" with this girl.

And at this time it was lunch time at school.

Everything fell apart when she confronted them.

Being humiliated in front of her classmates, she ran off to the rooftop where no one stayed.

But there, she suddenly saw someone, she was still heartbroken but seeing this boy suddenly eating the bread angrily made her laugh for some reason, even though she knew that it wasn't that funny at all.

Talking to him was refreshing and her heartbroken feeling was immediately replaced with the feeling that this boy could fix her heart unknowingly.

She waited for him on the rooftop but he did not come for a few days, still she waited in hopes that she could get to know more about him.

He did come after a few days, but she didn't think that he already had one.

Seeing the two of them she felt disgusted. It's the same as how she acted back then to her boyfriend, it's like seeing her old self on another person.

This made her leave the area immediately hoping to not meet them again.

Her heartbroken feelings were still there, but seeing the man she was interested in already taken she felt depressed.

Thus she resolved herself to just focus on being the sole shrine maiden of the shrine. Just to at least forget about romantic relationships for the time being.

 

Author: Have you all experienced waking up in the middle of the night and then can't be able to sleep? I am currently experiencing that. Also thanks ThatOne for helping me again.

help me if I will add Magic or just stay like this on the plot.
  • Yes add magic (It'll be on the shrine that Ran is in.) Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No stay like this. Votes: 14 53.8%
  • War thunder vs World of tanks (ignore) Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Waffenträger auf Pz. IV (ignore) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vickers CR (ignore) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 26 · This poll was closed on Aug 22, 2021 11:47 PM.
18