Chapter 24: Ran’s first experience
581 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few months since Miyuki transferred out, while Kohana was in my Father's care, so I was left alone.

I have mixed feelings that I unknowingly made Miyuki to go, but at the same time Kohana was gone too so I truly felt lonely.

Being the only one staying in my apartment, now it feels quiet, Miyuki who washes, and cleans the dishes, Kohana who plays on my VR console…

Being the only one left in the desolate apartment, it felt quiet; Miyuki who washes the dishes, cleans the house, Kohana’s constant rambling on my VR console. It was empty, desolate, and barren.

Just when I couldn’t take care of this feeling anymore, I decided to just go outside for a bit.

While walking aimlessly I unknowingly entered a shrine.

For me, most of the shrines here look the same so I didn't care if this was Ran's shrine or not.

Going along with the tradition of this country, I donated some money and prayed. Opening my eyes I saw a shocked Ran, she who just opened the front door of the shrine...

Both of us stared at each other, I was cautious while she had some sort of expression of disgust on her face. expression.

Vincent: uhh...

Ran: Y-you!...Did something happen to your girlfriend?

I don't want to get closer to her so it would be better to just continue this misunderstanding.

Vincent: I don't want to answer that.

Ran: Hah! Poor bastard.

Vincent: How about you? Aren't you the shrine maiden who’s were supposed to be pure and all, then why are you cursing at me?

Ran: I don't even believe in those besides this the job that my parents entrusted to me with...

Ah why does she say that to me like immediately?

Vincent: Anyways, I'm gonna go now.

I walked away, but as I reached the stairs, she called out to me.

Ran: Stop! You...

Vincent: I got advice for you, don't trust strangers immediately, even me, well then good bye.

Ram: Tch.

As I left, I heard her tongue click.

 

 

Ran: Is there something wrong with me? Why am I going for someone that already broke up with his girlfriend like that guy...Is it because of his looks?

She glanced at her surroundings, it reminded her of her parents taking care of this shrine along with her. Together they had fun as a family even doing normal tasks like cleaning but in the end her parents unfortunately died.

She didn't know but the anger inside her from Miyuki's action to Vincent avoiding her.

Her phone rings.

Ran: hm?

Accepting it she heard her ex boyfriend's voice.

Ran: Hello who is this?

???: I-It's me your boyfr-

Her anger soared through the roof, when she noticed that it was her ex-boyfriend, she threw her phone out of

Ran: That fucker!! and he still dares to call me?!

The phone had a casing which protects it from being broken whenever it fell or was thrown

Picking it up, she browsed through her contact history and blacklisted the that number.

Still her hatred is there.

Ran: I'm gonna murder you motherfucker.

 

A week has passed, she tried talking to her ex-boyfriend, and that she already had a plan on how to take care of him.

She was asked to meet him after school in the storage room of the school.

As she waited inside, the moment that she saw her ex boyfriend she could feel her anger rising through her.

ex boyfriend: Ran...I didn't think that you would wait for me here, I guess you still loved me righ-

As he said those words while grinning, Ran unexpectedly rushed up to him.

ex boyfriend: Wha-

With a knife on hand Ran slashed it through his throat, silencing him from screaming and calling the others attention.

He fell down while holding his throat to stop the blood from gushing out.

He tried to talk but couldn't do so at the same time he looked at Ran with disbelief.

Ran: That's what you get for cheating on me you fucker.

With a knife that was sharpened to the brim that made it not too much hard to decapitate him.

Ram: Hmp, why did I even act weakly to you...

The bloodied knife was first cleaned of blood by the clothes of his, then she throw it on the river on a secluded part where theres no people or camera.

With the knife thrown and would likely be washed ashore she then cleaned burned the gloves at the shrine still she did it much better on the crime scene than Vincent.

Now that she have escaped and rid of the evidence she slowly realized the emotions within her like guilt or regret to rise making her wanting to go out and alleviate this mental burden

On the way to the shrine she encountered him again, the man who broke up with his girlfriend but she don't know the reason why.

She saw him sitting on a bench outside of a fast food chain.

There she finally knew his name was Vincent and that today he was working here as the clothes he was wearing were similar like to those workers inside the fast food chain.

She tried to start a conversation with him.

Ran: Uh, hey Vincent?

Vincent: I said I'm taking my break here, so d-

She was shocked to see Ran and that she knew his name...

Vincent: H-how did you know my name...

Ran: It's on your uniform.

Vincent: Oh...

--------------

He was relieved that she didn't find that out in other ways... and since he was at his break he decided to take his boredom away by talking to Ran at the same time still being cautious to her.

Ran: Anyway, are you working here?

Vincent: Yeah.

Ran: What's the reason for?

Vincent: Honestly it's just financial issues but I don't have debts. The only thing I need is that I don't have enough money to buy things I want.

Ran: Huh so you were the same.

Vincent: Same on what?

Ran: Nothing...

in for a whole minute we didn't talk.

Ran: Anyway what happened to your girlfriend?

Vincent: Miyuki? Just tell me why are asking?

Ran: A-ah...

Vincent: She's just my niece you shithead.

She felt relieved instead of getting angry by that provocation.

Vincent: Then how about your boyfriend?

Ran: Well...I stopped seeing him.

Vincent: Huh must have been hard, I feel you being heartbroken and all.

Vincent phone rings on its screen shows alarm and the word "Enough break"

Vincent: I need to work for now.

Ran: Ye-yeah...see you...

As he heard that he felt a chill, and asked.

Vincent: W-what did you say?

Ran: See you?

Vincent looked shocked but in his mind is different.

He was called inside.

???: Vincent! its time for your shift!

Vincent: I'll be there in a moment!

He walked faster than usual.

Ran, who seemed satisfied, walked away while smiling a bit.

For her she killed someone for the first time and that emotion is slowly taking its toll, but when she talked to Vincent she felt like every emotion that begun rise the moment she killed her ex-boyfriend felt as if it was being purified after talking with him.

 

Author: Thanks again by ThatOne for helping me here also I'm sorry for the long break because I needed to do school related things...It made me hate Physical education more than math.

15