Chapter 3 === What you really signed up for
32 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"First question, Eun ask." Vu said calmly. 

"So how did you learn my name? I don't remember telling you." Eun replied.

"The contract you signed let me know specific details about you two based on what you signed as. It can't be lied on but its quite useful. Next, Sam." Vu said. 

"Why did the contracts dissolve?" Sam asked puzzled. 

"They are sort of similar to the testing cubes in the guild just probably a lot more convoluted to make. Basically the color it glows is your affinity, and the way it dissolves is your type." Vu responded with a smile. 

"Wait, how does it do that without taking our Aura, and how can it do that when we are awakened in the first place?" Sam asked quickly with Eun just nodding in the back. 

"Short answer, It wasn't testing your Aura, It was testing latent Mana. I wasn't even sure if people like you even existed here. Most people only have 'Aura' or nothing." Vu said with a widening smile. 

"What's Mana?" both Sam and Eun asked.

"Do you guys know the basics of Aura? Recite the history for me." Vu asked them

"Huh why? We get this drilled into our head our entir-" Sam got interrupted by Eun, "Aura was found after the Fall of the Modern Time, and so called awoken people with abilities. If one awakens Aura there is a chance to become different types of warriors designated by the guild. The first people to awaken where titled the Guardians, but now it's just a faction within the guild of people who guard others. You can awaken as an Augmenter or a Buffsword. That's the gist of it, how does Mana play into this?" Eun finished

"Mana can be called a lot of things, Magic Power, Spirit, Aether, etc. Aura is an offshoot of Mana. If one has Mana, Aura cannot be awakened, and will be weaker in some aspect to Aura users until they learn to control their own power. I didn't expect to find the both of you two in one day, with a spark of Mana in your veins." Vu said. 

"So we are sort of Magicians?" asked Eun.

"Exactly, the 'sort of' part, magicians, mages, sorcerers, wizards, witches, they are all magical in different ways. I won't tell you mine, but I can tell you each of yours if you'd like." Vu said. 

"Hold up a minute. So your telling us there is an entirely different energy in the world and no one but you has discovered it? It seems highly unlikely that only you knows about this. The first gate break occurred 40 years ago, how could no one discover the energy until right this moment?" Sam said suspiciously. 

"Well for your information there is a lot the world doesn't publish, mainly hidden undercurrents of politics and such, and second improper use of magic could make you explode, so they are limiting the information so no one experiments with Aura more then the guidelines state." Vu responded. 

"How do we even know your not bullshitting us anyway? Aura is almost impossible to see, and I've never seen mana before." Sam countered

"Would you like an example?" Vu said with a grin.

Eun popped up like an eager kid, which wasn't that far off considering he was like 15. Sam still looked unconvinced but would let Vu demonstrate. 

"Yes!" Eun remarked

"Sure." Sam acknowledged.

"Alright then." Vu put up his hand and in an instant a small orb of fire sat hovering in his palm. The two kids looked on in astonishment as they were skeptical but seeing someone literally wield fire was an interesting endeavor. Occasionally they saw monsters wield elements but this man seemed human. Vu clenched his hand and the fire vanished. 

"Good enough demonstration?" Vu said with another grin. 

Eun just said "Cool!" but Sam seemed suspicious for another reason. 

"Are you human?" She asked. It was a serious question as if Vu was an escaped monster he would be hunted down by the guild and either killed or experimented on. Eun's smile froze as he thought of the implications. 

"I am, I may have done some modifications to my body but I am still perfectly human." Vu replied calmly against the sudden accusation. 

"Alright then, how come your sure we won't report you to the guild?" Sam asked.

"Well those contracts you signed? Clause #3 that you asked about? I said secret recipes as an example but you are now bound to follow the clause and cannot speak about your experiences here other then the stuff I allow. Even if I was a monster as you say, you wouldn't be able to tell anyone as your magically bound." Vu said seriously.

"So you have silenced us? and we can't protest at all? What are we going to do? Are you going to use us in various experiments?" Eun looked to be freaking out. 

"No no no, I didn't make you sign the contract to do anything bad to you, I actually wanted you two to be my disciples." Vu said hurriedly.

"Disciples?" Eun looked thoughtful, "So your going to teach us magic?" 

"Among other things, under the guise of being employees as well."  Vu nodded. "I'll send you out on missions for rewards as well, If I were to name it I would be a tutor from the guild with added benefits and more secrecy." 

"You know what? Sure, I accept to being your disciple. As you said we are bound by that contract so there isn't anything we can do other then to learn from you am I right?" Sam said.

"Well you do have a choice, I could erase your memories of even encountering this Inn and you could continue your lives as if nothing ever happened." Vu responded.

"No!" Eun shouted.

"No." Sam said quietly.

"Alright then, as it seems we have reached an unanimous decision I will start teaching you the ropes." Vu said.

"Of magic?" Eun asked excitedly.

"No, of cleaning." Vu said with a smirk.

 

 

 

 

 

0