Chapter 4: Doctors Visit
89 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After sleeping for a week the young whelp of a dragon awoke from its parents bed feeling energetic!

*YAWN!!!* 'That was a nice rest! I wonder what mama and papa are doing'

It thought as it sat up onto its butt to look around the room.

'Now this is as regal as it gets!'

it thought as it saw the majesty of the space around it. Everything within the room looks like hand crafted masterpieces, the bed he was sleeping on was was at least twice the size of a California king mattress with large see through green decorative bed curtains draped around the sides, giving it a strange princess feel. The baby assumed it was the work of its mother. There were other things around the room, A dresser fit for giants, a vanity with a mirror so clear that you could see the veins in your eyes with it, as well as mounted scimitar on top of the dresser that gave off an odd electric feeling to it when you get too close it. Other then that there was nothing else to be seen and the baby decided to do some wandering, only to forget that it was a newborn and barely get a foot a crossed the bed before its face his the plush bedding.

'So apparently I am still not very strong as a baby... how is this going to work then?'

the baby wondered, laying there while contemplating how long it is going to take for him to be able to even walk.

Then as his thoughts ended the door opened and both his parents walked in with a worried look on their faces. "oh looks our baby has finally woke up!" the mother exclaimed with happiness and relief on her face. "I thought you would never wake up! babies are not supposed to sleep that long!" Hearing that only served to confuse the baby,

'how long have I been asleep for her to be this worried?'

it thought, not knowing how exactly long a dragon baby was supposed to sleep. "We should take it to the physician to get it checked for any issues. Not even elder dragons sleep that long" The mother said with fear in her voice, fear that her first born baby might have developed some kind of illness. Emitting an atmosphere of anxiety and fear, the mother picked up her baby from the bed and lifted it up from the bed. Strangely she noticed how energetic the child was as she picked it up, though she had also noticed how the bed sheets were ruffled when they walked in.

'Did it try to get up and walk around? why wasn't it able to get up onto its feet?'

she pondered, her anxiety grew even more palpable.

With a swift turn the parents walked through the bedroom door and began the walk through the winding halls of the star tree. Hundreds of twists and turns were taken and there were hallways that defied logic, bending and twisting stairs that would turn sideways or even upside down. With a trot the parents would follow these paths, causing the baby to feel disoriented with having its sense of gravity messed with. Up became down and down, left became right and right became left. With these bizarre reality breaking halls messing with its senses the baby started to get vertigo. Eventually the halls shifted back to the normal gravitational pull and the babies vertigo lessened a bit, but not entirely. This left the baby very dizzy and even slightly nauseous.

'Uggg WHY! just great, I feel sick now'

it thought, not knowing that both of its parents had noticed a shift in its scales color. What was a deep blue now shited to a lighter, slightly grey shade of blue.

'hmmm, I guess that is normal. Everyone gets a bit nauseous after their first time interacting with gravity magic'

the mother thought as they walked further down the corridor. After another ten minutes of passing through hallway after hallway, they reached another set of double doors. This set however had a pair of statues on both sides, formed in the shapes of men pouring water into a flask with water flowing from the left hand to the right and mysteriously vanishing endlessly into it.

'Wow that is strange, though I guess not as bizarre of the weird gravity defying area'

it thought. Standing in front of the mother and child, the father approached the doors and gave them a shove, causing them to groan in protest as they slammed open and threw dust into the air as the went. "*Cough* Oh gods how long has it been since he left?" the elven man questioned with slight worry in his voice? "Maybe i should have him go out on an errand for me to get him out of the lab and get some exercise" the man spoke in open concern.

"Who dares walk into the potion masters laboratory?!" an old and croaky voice called out in frustration. "Do you know how important this experiment is? it could fix the trolls Athlete's Foot epidemic! not only that, it could also help out with the sky sailors scurvy! so many things could be fixed if this experiment works and here you are walking through my damn door? what do you want?" An old man came waddling over at the pace of an angry hippo. As the man approached them he realized who they were and quickly backpedaled and bowed. "Oh my apologies my lord! I have been trying to make a cure all for the common ailments our people have been having! that and it keeps getting interrupted by random people walking in for the dumbest of reasons!" He randomly complained. "Oh and who would this little dragon be?" he asked, walking up to the child and its mother with a curious look on his face. "This little one is our first child! we have decided to go the traditional route with our little one here and have it named at "the Ceremony" Its mother said, having been a bit cautious with the old man. "So, is there a reason that you brought this babe into my laboratory? you do remember that this place is dangerous for children?" he questioned, not understanding why they were there in the first place.

"We came here to find out why our child is so weak. It can barely stand on its own and has already soiled itself several times, so we are wondering if there is something wrong with it" the father spoke, standing next to them and answering for the mother. "Ah I see, come, bring him to the medical chamber" the old man beckoned. "Come! we need to do this quickly so that I can get back to my experiments". The group then walked across the chamber of bubbling cauldrons and steaming chemistry equipment. After a moment or two they entered a doorway into what looked like an infirmary of sorts. Cots and curtains scattered across the room with another door at the end of the long hall. After walking through the infirmary they went through the next door that ended up leading into a sort of inspection room, all that was in there was a large table in the center with a few cabinets filled with medical supplies lining a few walls and another door attached to the right wall of the room.

"Alright sit it down now and we will see what the fuss is all about" the old man stated, walking up to the table and patting it with his hand, waiting for the babies mother to sit him down. "Okay honey, be good and let the nice man see what all the fuss is about" the mother stated, hoping the child would be compliant and let the doctor do his work. Thus the man began the inspection, looking at limbs, scales, looking into the Childs eyes and checking its wings and tail. "Ah I see what the problem is. Do not worry your baby is just a bit vulnerable to mana exposure. The general area around the [Star Tree] is charged with a much higher level of mana, causing newborn children to very commonly be affected by [Mana Toxicity]. What does this mean for your little munchkin here? not much! just take care of it like you would for a normal half dragon child and it will adapt to the mana levels here. I wonder though, how is it you did not think of this yourselves? you should very well have remembered how much mana the [Star Tree] leaks into the surrounding area. Seriously, I am not surprised that this kid is a little weak being here. I am more surprised that it has not passed out from it yet!"

The old man started to ramble and by the time he finally got to the chase about the babies issue, the mother and father both had a look on their faces that said 'well that should have been obvious'. "Is that so? a bit of mana sickness is it? I should have realized! no wonder it took it 3 days to wake up. I forgot that this place is harsh on babies!" the mother stated. "Thank you for your time, I will have the cook send you a few pastries as thank you for your time!" the mother stated before snatching up her baby and hustling out the door, she did not like to visit the laboratory, it always had her nerves going wild when she was there. "Yes thank you for this, there may be an extra something for you as well by the time the food comes by. Have yourself a good day Sundry and get yourself some air once and a while!" the elven man spoke as he walked off and rushed to catch up with his wife. "Yeah yeah, I would if I had the time!!" the old man hollered at them as they vanished past the doors. "They are always in a rush, I wonder why they always leave so fast... Oh well, back to work!"

0