Chapter: 78
93 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to my Patron: Morpheaus!
Become a Patron too, and be always 1 chapter ahead!
Or donate through Paypal: [email protected]

:D


Ank

“[Make Undead]”, not losing a second, I aimed at the thousands of corpses laying around, and raised as many as I could with the few meager [Magic Points] I regained from the potion I consumed; and about 150 low leveled zombies raised to fight alongside me.

“[Armor Soul]”, Hunah grabbed a random shield from the ground, and involved it, alongside her entire armor, in red energy.

“Who?!”, the bat masked man shouted, and his voice distorted the air was like a whip, a weapon. “You again?!”, He noticed the 9th Guild Master whose arms were covered in scars, the person who had punched him away from Hunah and I just a second ago. “I knew it, I should have killed you back then.”

“You wouldn’t be able to, even if you wanted, Lord Bitch- I mean, Bat”, The 9th Guild Master replied, flexing her biceps.

“Whatever, I’ll only clean all my mistakes at once today”, the bat masked man shook his head and took a fighting instance again.

But I had only 3 minutes of [Perfect Summon Embodiment] left, so I dashed and attacked before anyone else.

My closed fists touched the blocking forearm of my opponent, and before he could shout at me again, I gripped onto his arm, and bit him with one of the dozens of mouths around my transformed body: the sudden piercing pain was surprising enough that the bat masked man cut his sonic attack midway through, and I managed to kick the man right in the chest, sending him rolling down right to the middle of my group of zombies.

“Tch, annoying!”, the enemy didn’t use the same booming attack as before to fend off the undead, but instead, snapped his fingers, creating a weaker version of his sonic attack which simply annihilated the bodies of the low leveled creatures.

And then, I was once again already hitting him, parting away the bloody clouds of gore from the defeated zombies, fist pulled back and snarling, displaying all the hundreds of teeth that lined the openings of my red armor.

I fell down onto that “Lord Bat”, and threw as many punches and kicks as I could, even heating up the dragon scales covering my knuckles and elbows, and knees and feet; until I was inevitably pushed away by an especially loud sound.

HP: [Name: Ank, HP: 1004/5990]

As I struggled to get up, I noticed the few remaining seconds of [Perfect Summon Embodiment], pointed my palms at the enemy who was continuously forced to counter the zombies; even if their numbers were quickly decreasing; and shot:

“[Rock Sphere]”, I burned away my last few points of [Magic] in a sudden volley of magic projectiles, which hit the enemy with enough strength to cut his skin, or instantly put bruises all throughout his body; a few stray spheres even demolished small sections of the city wall further away, and a few unfortunate ceilings.

Then, I collapsed on the ground, completely exhausted.

Hunah followed me up with a charge after our opponent, exchanging blows with the member of the 3rd Guild Master’s [Party], bashing with her looted shield in one moment, and getting blown away by sonic attacks on another, just to immediately throw herself back into action.

“…Why haven’t you two helped me?”, I turned to the woman whose arms were covered in scars, her figure stopping just beside me.

“We came across some run away Lower [Gods] from this battle of yours, and I ended up spending more energy than I should”, she frowned. “I just couldn’t let them go, after all they did in this country.”

“’We’?”, I asked again.

“If the three of us were at 100%, we could have won, but-”, the 9th Guild Master started, but was stopped herself when, just like me, my twin sister was hurled away by a sonic explosion, blood coming out off her ears, eyes, mouth and nose; she hit the ground, and a curtain of dust hid her away. “Well, it seems it’s my turn to buy us time now”, she concluded, and against the enemy.

“FUCK!”, the bat masked man screamed at her, causing visible great damage; but the woman whose arms were covered in scars proceeded to step through the attack, and punch the enemy in the guts, sending him back to the forest and away from the city.

“Couldn’t you have come all at once and saved me the trouble of beating you one by one?!”, the member of the 3rd Guild Master’s [Party] cursed, and continued to fight the 9th Guild Master, as she seemed to give her all to push him deeper and deeper into the forest.

The woman with scared arms, however, too met her defeat in those sonic attacks, and was hurled so far by some kind of concentrated sound attack, that she was hurled all the way back to the city walls, and was dug into the stone blocks that made the protection of the city.

“Finally, I’m done…”, the bat masked man sighed, shaking his head. “Or, what? Will every mistake I committed recently come back at me today? I didn’t know these twins would go against all the [Gods]! Or that this vigilante woman would become such a bother! Or that a dragon could be allergic to peanuts! Or even that that fucking mountain was conscious! Cut the crap, Hummingbird, how was I supposed to know all these shits?!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about...”, a calm voice came from behind the bat masked man, and this last one froze in his place. He, slowly, turned his head around, and to the approaching figure from the shadows; and I became able to see the newcomer too, a man completely involved in black. “But you’re definitely not ‘done’ yet. I will fight with you too.”

“Oh, no, I definitely am done here!”, the member of the 3rd Guild Master’s [Party] replied the newcomer, and started to sprint away from him right after; he sounded terrified.

Strangely enough, the man in black didn’t seem to care at all with the distance his wanted opponent was putting between the two of them: as the bat masked man run away at full speed, the newcomer simply raised a fist into the air… then punched the ground.

Or so it seemed for one with less [Perception], at least: the newcomer was much, much faster than reasonable, and I couldn’t see everything, but I definitely couldn’t let pass the fact that the fucking skin of his arm was peeled away by the sheer velocity of his movement, before burning limb, shining in bright white light, impacted the ground.

And then, there was the explosion.

It was like a volcano exploding right before my eyes, and I caught just a glimpse of the produced light, before going blind; a bright white sphere simply consumed everything, literally evaporated any matter it came in contact with in a radius of about twenty meters, having the newcomer at its center.

Then, as I was forced to close my eyes, turned blind by the sudden light, there was the tremor, the thunderous sound, and the heat; all my senses were attacked by the great explosion, and I had to dig my hands and feet on the ground to not be hurled away by the gushes of scolding hot air.

As I opened my eyes, where once there were a thousand carbonized trees, then stood a mushroom-shaped smoke cloud at least a few hundred meters high.

“What the fuck~?”, I muttered, seating up.

“That’s the 1st Guild Master for you”, The woman with scared arms stepped beside me, brushing away small stones and dust from her tired figure.

“The 1st Guild Master?”, If I remember correctly, differently from most of the other Guild Master’s positions, this one has been rarely fulfilled in the entire history of the Adventurer’s Guild… And, if the math was the same as for everyone else, he should be, at least. [Level: 1.000]. “To be able to punch like that, and survive-”

“Oh, no, he’s dead”, The 9th Guild Master interrupted me.

“…What?”

“Of course, only the top dogs between the High [Gods] have can come out of an explosion of that intensity unscratched. That 1st Guild Master is dead, he evaporated just like the earth around him. Actually, his flesh can’t even properly punch the ground, his limbs always break and get crushed and burned just by the velocity with which he moves them.”

“Hey~ 9th Guild Master, did we just win?”, Hunah wobbled towards the two of us staring at the dark smoke cloud being slowly carried by the wind.

“Yeah, and apparently, the 1st Guild Master killed himself”, I told her, getting up to catch my twin sister before she fell down on the ground.

“…What?”, she mimicked me from just a second before.

“What kinds of lies are you telling them, Giselle? About how evil I am?”, The man in black from before appeared beside the 9th Guild Master, his clothes pristine, his body unscratched.

“I didn’t lie, I just told them you died in that explosion”, she shrugged.

“Hphm, I bet you wished this wasn’t just half true”, the 1st Guild Master harrumphed. He seemed to ignore the deadly staring of the woman with the scared arms, when the 1st Guild Master turned to Hunah and I: “So, you’re the famous exceptional twins, hu?”

“Uh~ It depends, are you angry at these ‘exceptional twins’?”, I asked.

And the two Guild Masters stared at me for a long moment.

“…No, not really.”

“Then, do you want us to do some work?”, Hunah asked again, and this time the 1st Guild master looked back at Giselle, who shrugged, sighing.

“Kinda?”, He replied, frowning confusingly.

“Yeah, you got the wrong duo”, my twin sister and I replied in unison. “Thank you for saving us, though.”

“But, we’re just another pair of twins, you must be confounding us because of it”, Hunah added.

“Plus, we’re really tired now, so we’re gonna grab some lunch and sleep for a day”, I added, and started staggering back to the city gate.

“If you want to be paid, I can reward you with as much money as you want”, the 1st Guild Master offered.

“Or two days”, Hunah suggested, ignoring the newcomer.

“Ah, but there’s still two armies walking around, and I hate [Gods] the same amount that I love to lazy around~”

“Such a hard choice~”, Hunah agreed.

“Fame? Status? I can give this to you too”, the 1st Gild Master offered again.

“To rest for three days or not to rest?”, I nodded.

“To do nothing but sleep and eat for a week or not?”, Hunah nodded too.

“…If you just want to rest, I can offer you a way better-suited place than a starving city”, he tried to convince us a third time.

And, this time, succeeded.

3