Chapter 3- Is this a joke?
648 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The incident is now the biggest topic to the whole country and the internet due to the whole thing caught on video because of the spectators.

 

“Man, I salute to this guy. He didn’t even hesitate to help even if he knows that his life will be on the line”

 

“I have no regrets if I have a boyfriend like that too. Risking his life for the sake of his girl’s safety.”

 

“His girlfriend sure is lucky. It’s one in a million chance to find a guy like that”

 

5 months have passed and the news has now subsided

 

Asami-san visits Nagaki-kun once every week. Nagaki-kun has been in a coma since the accident and haven't woken up which makes everyone worry every day. Every time Nagaki-kun’s parents and sister visit, Asami-san always kneels in front of them repeatedly saying “I’m sorry this is all my fault” 

 

“Nanako-chan, you don’t have to do that. It’s not your fault. Please stop that already. Our son did that on his own and has nothing to do with you.” Nagaki-kun's parents said while having a complicated face.

 

“Yeah sister-in-law, you have to keep doing that. It’s not like onii-chan’s dying anyways. He’s just unconscious and will wake up anytime” This is Nagaki’s sister, Kisuke Yuri. She has brown round eyes, long blackish brown hair, a cute face and a petite body. She has a cheerful personality but deep down inside her is an ache she can’t show to anyone. She’s the type that doesn’t show her real feelings to anyone even to her parents except her brother. 

 

She doesn’t want to make the mood gloomy as usual so she’s the one who always adjusts the mood.

 

“Yuri, Asami-chan, we’re about to go now”

 

“Please stop calling me sister-in-law Yuri-san”

 

“Yadaaaa”

 

-

 

3 days has passed

 

"Ugh" As soon as I woke up, the first thing I saw was an unfamiliar place.

 

"Hospital huh" 

 

As I observed my surroundings, I saw my phone lying at the table. I reached it out and checked the time but what I saw made me shout with a low tone. "What the hell? 5 months has passed?" I felt like I only slept for few hours yet what I saw was very unexpected. 

 

Creak

 

 

A doctor entered the room and quickly consulted Nagaki

 

“How’s your body? Does it hurt anywhere?”

 

“I’m feeling good sensei. When am I going to get discharged?”

 

“Your injury is already healed. You can go back to school tomorrow if you want to. It's quite a shock to see you on coma for 5 months. your family has been worried.”

 

“Thanks sensei” I said as I smiled bitterly

 

“No problem. If you excuse me” The doctor said while smiling as he left the room.

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Welcome home!” my parents said as they celebrate my recovery. This made me happy since it's been years since the last time I had this kind of atmosphere. Both mom and dad have always been busy at work that only me and Yuri are the only one who mostly celebrate our own birthdays

 

“This is pretty awkward, you know?”

 

“Nii-chan, have you checked your phone already?”

 

“Yeah, but there’s nothing there so what’s up with my phone?”

 

“Well the incident of you retaliating and killing the hostage taker was filmed by many people. You’ve become the famous heroic boyfriend of the year”

 

“Is this a joke?”

 

After seeing the whole video, I just stood up not knowing what to do. My loner life will definitely be crushed by this avalanche. I want to bring back time and stab the hostage taker before he can do so. Even if he already died, I feel like I should’ve let him live and torture him to death after my recovery. But I looked pretty cool here though. 

 

After getting discharged, me and family had a good time the whole day.

I never got a news about Asami-san. she's probably focused on her studies as usual. She probably had it tough since people thought that we're couple. If I were in her situation, it'll be embarrassing. But since she's the cold goddess that everyone knows. No one probably has the guts to even bring that topic to her.

17