Chapter 7- Think you very much!
521 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know why but why can't they just go and make the principal go to the announcement room to just say his speech through the speaker but I guess the principal wants to say it infront of everybody to make him satisfied seeing the students listening in front of him.

 

I started walking back to reach the gymnasium and after reaching, I searched for our class' seat and sat after I found it. It took 5 minutes for everyone to come and we all waited for another 5 minutes for the principal to show up in front.

 

The principal talked about the future events that might be held and more but It's pretty boring to listen to especially since I don't participate in any events and simply run somewhere to kill the time and wait till afternoon or evening for the event to end. 

 

An hour passed and the next topic was about the leader of the baseball club. He was kicked out of the school due to the spreading video on the internet of him showing brute force and almost harming a girl student after getting rejected. It became a very trending on the internet in less than an hour that I posted it to the point that you can already see his face on every social medias front page being used as a meme. It was a very scandalous video to the school but I don't really care. The principal was really expressing his anger with just his tone alone. 

 

After calming down, the principal suddenly talked about a boy who did an heroic action saving a highschool girl from a hostage taker even if it'll endanger his life. It's pretty obvious that I'm that boy he's talking about. Hearing his made up story makes it feels like he's in front of that event saying every single details from his own delusions and fantasy as if his anger didn't happen just a while ago. Principal is enjoying his own exaggerated story and the staff probably couldn't take it anymore so they whispered at the back of the Principal to make him stop.

 

"Now then, this story is real and what makes me proud is the fact that the student who did this act is studying in our school!" The principal said while both his eyes and bald head are shining brighter than my shoes with shoe polish.

 

"He has a good grades, handsome face, perfect attendance, a pure heart and… errr" the principal suddenly stopped his track then a beads of sweat starting to form on his face. 

'What the hell is written on the paper our principal holding to the point that he who loves talking in front of everyone suddenly start sweating?'

 

"H-he's a loner with not a single friend!" Our principal's voice tweaked and it almost made me laugh but die inside at the same time because of what he just said.

 

'IS SAYING THAT EVEN NECESSARY!?' I feel like wanting to bring a nuke inside the gym and kill everyone who heard the whole thing. I want to cry but no single tears are flowing.

 

"Pfft" I started hearing some students resisting their laughter and some even started to tear up while preventing them from slipping up.

 

The only people who could possibly write that on that paper is either the class president, or one of our subject teachers. 

 

"W-well you see, he proba- He had a trauma when he was a kid so since then, he started not making friends anymore you see…" The principal started wiping his face with a face towel nonstop. After he said these words, the whole gym became silent and no more resisted laugh could be heard but rather a face with pity.

 

Well, it's really not far from the fact. I was indeed affected during my first year in middle school and since then, I stopped making friends. I guess middle schoolers are still considered kids. I don't know why the students started to make that kind of face but I'm actually way more happy since having no friends is equal to unlimited freedom.

 

He signaled the staff to bring something and the staff brought a flat box as big as a palm and a trophy and certificate in a frame.

 

"I proudly announce the name of this heroic highschool student, Kisuke Nagaki from class 1-2C!" Everyone started clapping

 

Why can't he just go and give me the awards instead of bringing it up with all the students in the gym. I feel like running away.

 

I stood up and started to walk in front of the stage. It would've been fine if the stage was on a ground level so I can only see the teachers in front seats but it's high so every single student will be able to see my face whether I like it or not.

 

Everyone started to look at me as I go up the stage. I started to give the principal a handshake with an awkward smile and the principal opened the small box that contained a medal as he put it on my neck as I held the trophy with my right arm. After receiving the reward, I tried to leave but the principal was gripping on my arm, not giving me any escape. 'What the hell do you want from me, I have no money so let me go!' is what I want to say. I looked at him with a smile as he smiled back at me goddamnit

 

"Is there anything you want to say to everyone, Nagaki-kun?" He placed the microphone in front of my mouth as he said an unreasonable thing. I want to say 'to everyone who's looking at me right now, please smash your head on the ground to forget everything' 

 

My stage fright started to kick in as he made me want to say something that I have no idea what

 

"T-think you very much!" oh shit my tongue twisted! But no that's not what I'm supposed to worry about.. 'Why am I even saying thank you to everyone in the first place!?'

 

My mind started to twirl around not knowing what to do as my both arms and legs are shaking as if an earthquake is happening at the moment.

 

"I-i mean thank you for the reward that I am receiving today since it's pretty unexpected" After saying that, I quickly bowed down and hurriedly left the stage. The principal tried to hold my arm but his fingers slipped due to how sweaty I am at the moment.

 

After I left the stage, the principal told everyone to start going to their own respective class.

 

As everyone goes back, most of them are glancing at me with 'you're a good guy so please don't give up on life' type of face. To think that they'll believe what the principal said a while ago… Well this is better than to be laughed at. I might accidentally kill a student for laughing at me because of how pitiful I am being called a loner by the principal himself.

 

After everyone's in class, some of my classmates are glancing at me. But

 

I ignored them and sat at my desk while looking outside the window. 

 

"Everyone, please change to your P.E Uniform and head to the gym after." The class president said in front as she shivered after meeting my eyes with a murderous aura. 'she's probably the one who submitted that letter of speech to the principal. GRRRR!'

16