Chapter 9-Taboo
539 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sports day is about to be held in the next few days so most of the students are preparing for the event. I can see all the sports club members getting pumped up while together in the hallway ‘They’re living their life at its finest huh, must be nice’ But of course I’m not jealous. I was quite an active person during my early years but as I grew, that energetic vibe of mine vanished for some reason. 

 

The class ended earlier than usual so I brought my bento with me to my usual spot. No, I changed my usual spot since the time that certain event took place. I don’t want to change my hanging spot either but seeing Asami-san quite frequently being confessed to while she’s looking at me with murderous eyes is quite annoying. 

But for some reason, I feel like Asami-san frequently looks at me everyday with an unexplainable gaze. And during P.E lessons on the gym, she's been silent unlike the usual murderous words that I always hear from her mouth. Did she have some kind of enlightenment to make her slowly change? Or am I becoming more and more masochist after all that insults? I think I have to go and ask a physiologist for a checkup before this gets worse.

 

There's only half an hour left until lunch ends but I still haven’t found the perfect spot. I Checked every possible area but it still has plenty of students. I still have a last resort but I guess I really have no choice. I have to go for the one behind the swimming club. That place is the so-called cursed paradise of all the male students in the whole school. 

All the male students are already scared of going near that building unless their class is having a swimming lesson or there’s a swimming event taking place but if there's not, then you'll get a worse than death experience.

 

There was once a bunch of students sneaking around to take photos of the girls in their swimming suits. But the next day, A sudden news struck the whole school. "10 male 2nd year students were hospitalized after being found nearly dead at the back of the swimming club building." And after their recovery, all of them transferred schools.

Since then, the male students who tried to sneak around the building lessened. But there were once 2 students who still had the guts to go without listening to the rumour. The next day, the news of them having broken bones and getting their private parts smashed became another story that even ghosts will be scared of. So since then, going near the swimming club has become a taboo to every male student.

 

But since that became one of the legendary taboo of this school, that means that the place is the most silent and free spot for me to hang out. As they say, “The dangers gather as the treasures rise” 

If something were to happen to me, then it's not like I care. I've been bullied and physically abused by my bullies before coming to this school so it'll not make any difference if I get beaten up by a couple of female students. I don't care about my reputation either. 

Everyday, people have been trying to socialize with me but instead of being happy, I feel like it’s indeed way better than being alone. I can tell that they always have these fake smiles trying to approach me for whatever the reason they have. I already have the gist of it but things became clear now as they tried to ask me about Asami-san. They’re trying to be close to me for them to get closer with Asami-san. Once the news spreads, then every student who tries to be close to me will deplete to zero. It's a win-win if you remove the broken bones part. R-right?

 

I kept my every senses especially hearing to its maximum to prevent getting caught. After ging to the back, I saw a hole on the wall enough for 2 adults to fit and you can see the whole building inside from it.. The floor inside is around the level of my head so if I sit, I will not be seen from the window. This hole is probably for the water exit if the pool overflows. 'Indoor swimming pool sure looks luxurious.' 

The floor has this rough texture to prevent students from slipping. And as I observed more, I saw one female student wearing goggles and a school swimsuit. The school allowed all the students to use the pool whenever they want as long as they keep the whole area clean. 

But after week here as a first year, I found out that only female students are allowed. Not because the school forgot to write that but rather because the female seniors who already graduated have built this rule and it has been going on for many years. I don't really care about it but it's probably the saddest part for many male students. The first female student who built this rule is probably so scary.

 

-

 

Ms. Hana sitting on her desk: *SNEEZE* "mou, is someone talking behind my back?"

 

Female teacher: "Well, you're a cute and friendly teacher after all"

 

Ms. Hana smiled and started to continue her paperworks

 

-

 

 

I quickly ate my lunch. There's still 25 minutes before the bell rings so I guess I'm going to take a nap for a few minutes. But after I closed my eyes, I heard a loud splashes of water and a small voice 

 

"H-helfg me!"(Help me!)

 

I quickly stood up and saw the female student drowning in the middle while the floating duck that she's probably using as a floater has been swept away to the opposite side. 

 

"Ah fuck.!" I quickly jumped from the hole and glanced on the floor to check the printed number of how deep the pool is. I saw 8 so this should be 8ft. I flung my shoes on the side and quickly dived without removing my school uniform. 'Luckily I know how to swim.' my adrenaline was on its maximum thus making me swim faster. I quickly stretched my arms to catch the girl's waist and said:

"Hang in there, you'll be safe as long as I'm here!" but as soon as I got a hold of her, she suddenly hugged my neck and pushed me to the bottom to make herself float in panic. I almost drowned myself as well but I quickly dragged her out of the pool. 

 

"Ah safe! If I drowned as well, we're both done for. Goddamn."

 

I quickly checked her pulse and breathing. I can feel her pulse beating but I can't feel any sense of air coming from her mouth and nose so I quickly made the choice of doing CPR. There must be no such thing as embarrassment if a person's life is at stake. I'm not a professional and I don't know if what I'm doing is correct but I quickly did cpr. After 2 tries, she suddenly burst out a mouthful of water and she started coughing. As I got a sense of relief, I suddenly felt a burst to my stomach and I flew to the lockers next to me.

 

"Argg!" It was so painful that I couldn't even breathe.

17