Chapter 12- Happiness
532 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So cold.. I feel so cold. I slowly opened my eyes "hospital? Seems like a deja vu"

 

"A-ah y-you're awake" a girl said beside Nagaki.

 

"Uh who are you? Came here to beat me up further? Oh.." as Nagaki looked at her, he saw that she's the person he saved. Nagaki gave out a sigh of relief

 

"I-I'm very sorry about such a sudden thing that happened to you.. they didn't do it on purpose. I'm really glad that I'm safe and it's because of you but…" Ena looked at Nagaki with red teary eyes.

 

"Yeah." Nagaki looked at the ceiling then closed his eyes and said "So you good now? You weren't breathing after I saved you. Scared the shit out of me"

 

"Y-yes. Thank you very much! I'll definitely pay you back ten folds in the future!" Ena 

quickly kowtowed to Nagaki while sitting beside him.

 

"You don't have to worry about it. Are you friends with those students who kicked me without hearing my explanation?"

 

"We know each other but not that very close since we're in the same school year but in different class.

 

Creak

 

"Is Kisuke-kun awake now?" 

 

"Oh, nurse sensei. Yes, Kisuke-san is awake now and…" as soon as Ena looked behind the school nurse her face turned red with anger.

 

"You don't have to worry, Ena-chan. Hana sensei already told me everything. She couldn't come here since she still has a class to teach. The school nurse patted Ena's head while walking towards Nagaki.

 

"How are you? You have quite a high fever. Your body's pretty weak in the first place so getting all that wet and getting beaten up at the same time made it tough for that body of yours. Since you're already awake, I'll drive you home. I already asked your classmates to bring me all your stuff so you don't have to worry about it. The medications are also provided by the school. All you have to do is take it."

 

"Ah yes, thank you sensei" Nagaki stood up while being assisted by the school nurse.

 

"It's only been a few months since you got discharged yet.. sigh" the school nurse looked at Nagaki while shaking her head.

 

"Sensei, what about.." Ena wanted to say something but the school nurse cut her out.

 

"We'll discuss this once Kisuke-kun's fine. Go back to you class now."

 

"Y-yes sensei"

 

__

 

 

"Nii-chan, what happened to you now?" Yuri said while putting an ointment to her brother.

 

"So why are you here, Yuri?"

 

"Well, we have a sports day next week and I'm part of the female basketball club you see~ We were told that we only have half day class today."

 

Nagaki didn't respond. Yuri smiled and suddenly said:

 

"Nii-chan, are you an idiot?"

 

"Huh? Of all the things you have to ask, why does it have to be that" Nagaki opened his eyes and looked at Yuri.

 

"You seem so active about getting beaten up. I thought you're turning into an idiotic masochist"

 

"Then fix that thought process of yours."

 

"The readers will not like this y'know? Seeing sudden development like this is like a forced plot on some kind of action novels" Yuri said while giggling

 

"Readers huh. If my life is a novel, I just want to have a slice of life genre without romance and clingy side characters. That would be the best for me."

 

"Hee~ well at least you have a clingy imouto that the author might make us marry someday~" Yuri said while holding Nagaki's hands

 

"Shutup you're disgusting"

 

"Eeeehhhhh"

 

Yuri and Nagaki happily had a conversation till Nagaki fell asleep

 

'Novel huh… In the end, reality is not full of happy endings.' People are born to learn how to survive. Some people die before turning adults while some die due to old age. In the end, I will die. Most people say that you live to gain happiness. But happiness is not without bitterness. As long as I see Yuri become successful in the future, then I'll have no regrets. 

But I might see my own sister have her own boyfriend.. Boyfriend?… my sister?….. then get married?.. might? No, that will totally happen… NOOOOO!!

17