Chapter 13– I was powerless
503 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asami's POV

 

 

Men, especially adults, are scary scheming beings. They show this friendly, kind expression but deep inside is just a thirsty beast doing its best to catch its prey. I realized all of these since I was in 6th grade. Before all this realization, I have always been friendly, happy, and doing my best with a cheerful expression like what a normal kid does. But it all changed because of just one event that I'll never forget in my whole life. 

 

I have always been popular and loved by everyone. I'm aware of that. I have always been. And I loved it due to the fact that I've always been on a distance with my parents. Mom is strict but kind. While my Father is the type that will always spoil me every single time but they're always busy with work. 

 

My sister and I talk to each other but not to the point of clinging to each other. It's like she's on the front row of the classroom while I'm at the back. We're in the same class but have no opportunity to talk to each other that much. That's just how we are. That's why I've always loved to be loved by others. This replaces my emotions of longing when someone's always trying to talk to me. It may sound greedy of me but it really gives me satisfaction despite my lack of interaction with my family.

 

Our family is rich. We own one of the biggest beauty companies in the country but we live in a normal house instead of a mansion. We have the money to buy one but my parents are content with a normal life. I kept asking them why but all they just said with a smile was "Once you grow up, you'll realize how great life is when you live a normal life instead of a celebrity life." 

 

It left me confused because it just doesn't make any sense. I was thinking that 'If we have the money, why not spend it and live like what a normal millionaire does. And being a celebrity makes you loved by everyone.'

 

I was an active child who does the work of whatever my teacher asks. I'm like the big sister in front of my classmates and I live my life full of compliments in school. But no one knows my real identity. The only person who knows about it is our Principal. I've always wanted to tell them that our family are actually rich, wishing I could flex and brag about it at least once. 

 

But then after turning 6th grade, all of the enlightenment that I needed all came at once. 

 

I heard the news of my sister almost getting raped by her homeroom teacher.

 

Even if I was a kid, I still have common sense and I'm already aware about these sorts of words and what they really mean. 

 

My sister to me is like a Goddess I've always wanted to reach. She's the type who always pulls sarcastic teasing but I always love her from the bottom of my heart. I never had the guts to ask questions. I was scared and all the actions I wanted to do in mind have only been stuck on my mind. I couldn't take a single step. I was powerless. 

 

But I'm really happy that before the dark scene began, my sister was saved by a boy. I have no idea who the boy was since it was my parents who did the investigation. I was merely a child who couldn't do anything but to look from afar crying. 

 

This may sound like bullshit but since then, I've promised myself not to trust any men. I want to transfer to a 'girls only' school but I couldn't voice out what I want either. And even if I did, once I graduated, I'll be going and face reality just like as it is. Even if I don't have to worry about my work in the future because of my parents, I still have to face people with different sex and gender. A professional is not a professional if one can't even communicate with anyone. But still, men are scum. The only person that I'd trust will be that person who saved my sister. I always pray that he's living well and if I ever found out who you are, I'd definitely love to meet you personally.

 

 

__

 

 

 

 

"ACHOOOO!! HSSK!!!" On the sofa, Nagaki is silently reading a Manga but then suddenly sneezes, spreading the mucus all over the place.

 

"Nii-chan that's disgusting! I just finished cleaning the living room, you know!?!"

 

"M-mybad"

17