Chapter 14- 2 days before sports day
480 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'There's only 2 days left till the sports day huh'

 

I wish sports day started sooner so at least it's finished before me coming back to school. 

 

During this period while I'm home the whole few days, Asami-san's parents frequently go to our house when my parents are around. They don't have to tell me but I already know what's going on. They help us out financially despite my recovery from that incident. I can see to their eyes that there's no malice. They look like someone who really treasures someone's kindness.

 

They even told me "Please continue being friends with Asami" I had no words to say but simply nodded. All I could do is respond in my mind was 'what a joke' 

 

I left earlier than usual to school so at least I can arrive with little to none students around. I slowly walked towards my classroom while enjoying the scenery. The atmosphere feels so different. It's not dark as night nor bright as morning. 'Should I go to school this early from now on?' The idea is not bad but waking up early in the morning like this rarely happens. Or rather it does happen but whenever I wake up, I can't move my limbs and will start to fall asleep again. Way too lazy to even do normal tasks since it's a pain in the ass in the first place. Even going to the toilet is like walking 10miles on foot. I'm really glad Yuri's always there for me. I'm probably already dead inside my room because of my laziness if it weren't for her. I'm a disgrace of a big brother…. Sigh

 

Creak

 

I slowly opened the door. It's still quite dark inside but I'm not planning to open the lights since the sun is already rising anyways.

 

As I entered the room, a chill suddenly ran off my spine. And when I looked in front, I saw a student looking at me she's Asami-san. I have no idea why she's so early since I usually see her coming to school quite late than anyone else. It's quite rude to just ignore her so I gave her a morning greeting.

 

"Good morning."

 

"Good morning"

 

'eh?' After hearing her response, it made me confused. I was expecting her to just look at me with disgust and call me "gross" but the script I'm ready to receive was completely shattered with a different outcome.

 

Instead of being happy about this, I just feel like something is definitely not right. Asami-san has been so weird lately like how she ignores me everytime during P.E instead of hearing insults with disgust written on her face, it was as if she changed into some kind of shy type of person. I can read a person based on her expression and she seems to be not planning something fishy either. This just makes no sense. Does she have a split personality disorder? 

 

I sat down and quickly shuffled the songs I'm listening to. Other students tend to study when it's still early but I'm the exact opposite. I don't study at all. Either during breaks nor in my room, I don't study at all. All I do is just read novels and manga, listen to music, etcetera. 

 

During lessons, I listen and write the lesson details and that's it. When my name is called by the teacher, I just make up my own theory based on what's written that will not affect the outcome of the exact answer. It's like how actresses make their own line when they forget the memorized line of what's written on the script during the live performance. As long as it's expressed as if it looks legit and will not change the flow of what the outcome is supposed to be, then it's fine. I only study the day before the exam. The exam schedule per day is shown to everyone. So what I do is study the subjects that we have to take on the first day, the day before the examination day. When the first day exam is finished, I study the subjects for the 2nd day exam, so on and so forth. That's the repetition of my school life. What's the point of studying useless stuff everyday when you'll forget most of it after the exam anyways? Might as well live life at its fullest instead. 

 

 

Dinggggg

 

 

There's nothing interesting about the morning lessons and before I knew it, the bell for the lunch break rang. 

 

Everyone's so cheerful. Talking to each other out loud without care of their surroundings, it's quite annoying but now I feel a sense of calmness. At first, noise is irritating. But if you get used to it, it feels like a melody you can use as an alternative for a calm soothing music. After waiting for everyone to get out of the classroom to the cafeteria, I started to stand and go to my usual spot. You may call me an idiot for going there despite what happened but I have a different point of view. 

 

For example, Person A was going to his usual bus stop but he got robbed by Person B. Person B was caught by the police but despite that, Person A since then stopped going to that usual bus stop that he's been using for 8 years because he learned his lesson. 

 

It means, despite using the bus stop for 8 years, but just because of one accident, a person's mind will quickly take a different route. But not for me. 

 

"Kisuke-senpai"

 

As I walked through the hallway, I suddenly heard someone call out my name and I instinctively looked toward the source of the voice. She looks pretty but… She's wearing a male uniform so she must be a… Guy? Isn't she the one who saved me?

 

"Me?"

 

"Yes. Ms. Hana asked me to bring you to the guidance office." He lowered his head and turned around telling me to follow him.

 

"Oh…"

 

While we're walking towards the guidance office, I frequently see this pretty looking junior taking a glance on me for no reason so I asked:

 

"Is there something wrong?"

 

"Ah.. I-its just that I'm glad that senpai will not be bullied anymore once this is done." He looked at me with a smile. He was walking ahead a few steps ahead of me but he slowed down to level my pace. If this guy is not wearing a male uniform, I might accidentally fall for this damnit. Like don't get any weird ideas, I'm a healthy male highschool student! It's just that, It's hard to accept the fact that this cute junior walking beside me is a friggin GUY

 

While my mind is spinning with weird stuffs, I kept a poker face and responded: 

 

"I'm not really bullied. It just happened."

 

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, senpai. Sorry for talking about that." She- I mean 'HE' started to look sad and it's hard to watch and I can already feel the awkwardness lingering in the air. I'm not used to conversation but I'm not bad at it either. Juniors respect their senpai so talking to them gives me a feeling of talking to my little sister. Although my little sister feels like a decade older than me. I really am a bad example of a big brother…

 

I'm not planning to explain to him what really happened since he'll find out later anyways. I didn't respond and we walked our way towards the guidance office. These 1-2 minutes of walking feels like torture. I'm conscious about how awkward it is and I'm not the type to make the first move to make conversation either. I'm not so affected by it but it just feels uncomfortable.

 

 

As we enter the Guidance office, there are many female students sitting on a long sofa. From the color of their uniform, they must be my seniors. I already know what's going on from the very beginning. This is going to be tough. The quiet life that I want is replaced by all these annoying things to take care of.

 

"Anything you want from me Ms. Hana?"

 

"What do you think, Nagaki-kun?" Ms. Hana said with a smile while pointing towards an empty seat. 

 

I sat quite far from the female students since we're not close nor know each other anyways. I don't know anyone here except Ms. Hana but I see familiar faces. The senpai I saved in the pool, the cute male junior sitting beside me, and the c*nts that beat me up and kicked me so hard I couldn't even breathe. The student sitting next to Ms. Hana looks familiar but I don't remember her face in my memory. And the last is the scary looking guidance teacher and his name is Sumida Isamu-sensei. He looks like in his 30's and he looks so tall and bulky as if his muscles are made of rocks plus the scar on his face makes it even scarier as if he's a former yakuza. Why is a teacher like this a guidance teacher instead of a Gym teacher or a school security guard? And if you accidentally meet his eyes, it'll feel like you're about to lose your life at any moment. There was once a rumor about a disrespectful student who bullied students and disrespected his teachers but after taunting a cursing Sumida-sensei, the next day he was reported to be beaten up by people wearing black suits and people concluded it as the work of Yakuzas. Since then, the disrespectful students suddenly changed into a calf and Sumida-sensei's reputation from the student perspective is that of a former yakuza. Little did they know how kindhearted Sumida sensei really is despite his appearance and rumours. Probably only teachers knows his real personality.

 

"So since everyone's here, we may as well start." Ms. Hana looked at each every one of us and continued,

 

"I already heard the whole story from everyone but of course, I don't want to be bias here so I want to hear the story from the victim himself, Kisuke Nagaki-kun." Ms. Hana looked at me while adjusting her round eyeglasses.

 

After Ms. Hana finished, I stood up and explained the clear details of what happened. But of course, I left the part of me eating behind the pool building and made up a story instead. I don't want my perfect spot to be tangled up with this mess. If my perfect sleeping spot gets exposed, I'll definitely beat the crap out of every one of you. But of course that's a joke because I'm a weak ass bum and that's no secret especially if you look closely at my physique. I'm like a stick but not to the point that I'm so skinny as if my bones are gonna snap at any given time.

19