Chapter- 15 Punishment
408 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After everyone heard my explanation, the faces of students involved couldn't help but turn sour and suddenly a one loud clap was heard coming from Sumida-sensei.

 

"Ok, now that we've heard the whole thing, it shows that the students involved in the current situation didn't lie about the whole thing and the questionable information we lack has now been solved." Sumida-sensei said as he stared at every student present.

 

Everyone nodded, and the students who harmed me physically nodded while their heads were facing the floor. One of them met my eyes and she quickly evaded while holding both her shaking hands between her legs. I simply sighed inside. There are 5 of them who harmed me physically and all of them are classmates. I know that they did that to simply protect the student that they thought I'm doing something malicious and if I were on their shoes, I might do that as well.

 

I'm frequently glancing at them seeing that they really regret their action but that doesn't change the fact that what they did was way too much for me to forgive easily. I'm not an idiot nor too kind to the point that I'm just going to leave it be nor am I too bad of a person that will severely punish them despite being aware of their perspective.

 

"With this kind of behavior, you could've been expelled, you know? The 5 of you." Ms. Hana said with her arms crossed and a sharp stare towards the 5 of them. 

 

This is my very first time that I've seen Ms. Hana gets angry. She's always been a cheerful teacher and the only teacher that I can talk to like a person of my own age. Whenever we talk to each other alone like in the library, we talk without formalities and I totally tend to forget that she's my teacher. But during P.E classes, all of this disappears and the status becomes teacher-student with formalities. Ms. Hana looks way more scary than Asami-san herself and her tone changed as well. Based on how angry she is, I can tell that she really cares for me not just as her student but as a close friend as well, which really touches my heart. If only Ms. Hana sensei is the same age as m-... just kidding.

 

 

*Hik Hik*

 

One of the 5 students couldn't hold it anymore and bursted into tears and the rest of them started to wipe their eyes with their handkerchief as well while their bodies were twitching as they cry. All 5 of them started crying.

 

The room became surrounded with the noise of them crying and all of us were just silent while looking at them. And when my eyes met Kame-kun's, he simply smiled awkwardly. This pretty boy is the one I owe for carrying me to the infirmary but I have no idea how am I going to fulfill that kindness of him

 

As they cry for quite a minute already, Sumida sensei's voice cut them off and said,

 

"Don't worry. We know that you did that to protect a student but the misunderstanding led us to this. I want to thank 5 of you for having such a good will to help and act (my head interpreted that as if he's thanking them for beating me up for some reason…) and since your actions were meant to protect instead of harm on purpose, then all of you are not going to be expelled. So don't worry."

 

Ms. Hana suddenly stood up "I still have classes to take care of. Sumida-sensei, I'll leave these students to you."

 

Sumida-sensei simply nodded and Ms. Hana started to walk towards the door and patted my head as she left the room.

 

"Ok, we don't want to keep this longer since all of you should know that teachers are busy and I also have my own paperworks so I'll get straight to the point. The punishment would be, 5 of you will be suspended for 10 days, and you have to write a one whole pad paper apology letter, and you have to apologize to Kisuke-san and his family for what you've done. Also, your parents probably have yet to know about this unless you already told them what you've done and if they're still not aware of this, it's you yourself who should tell them what you've done. And if your parents rush here because of this, I'll talk to them regarding this matter. Any questions?" As Sumida-sensei finished, one of the students raised her hand and asked:

 

"S-Sensei, when will the suspension start?"

 

"From tomorrow."

 

"Ah!"

Everyone of them started to shed tears. Even without them telling me what's happening, I can already get the gist of it. That's because of the sports day. Sports day is about to be held in 2 days and if they become suspended starting tomorrow, all of their training, hard work will just disappear. I'm not doing any training nor hard work for these kinds of events even on my own birthday, let alone this. But I'm aware of what these students have done just for that event. Like how baseball club started their intense training for months just for this, etcetera. And I know what it feels like if this happened so this gave me a really bitter taste.

 

Sumida-sensei saw their expression and he can tell it as well as of why. "Now you know that every action has its own consequences. This is not my fault since I'm here as your educator and an action like that deserves punishment. The 5 of you could've prevented this if all of you simply neutralized Kisuke-san instead of beating him up and locking him in the Gym storage room. What you did there was beyond the boundary. Call yourself lucky to only be suspended for 10 days despite how severe your actions were."

 

I couldn't keep it anymore and I feel like I'm being devoured by guilt despite me being the victim so I raised my hands.

"Anything to say, Kisuke-san?"

"As the victim of this whole thing, is it fine for me to make some changes?"

"Changes of?" Sumida-sensei became kind of interested on what I'm going to say and the students in the room looked at me as well. This kind of attention really doesn't fit me at all. Becoming aware of this gives me the feeling of stage fright.

"Can we move the start of suspension after the sports day?"

Sumida-sensei sensei gave a quick smile that everyone would not notice at all since that smile only lasted a millisecond and his face came back to the usual scary face. Others may not be able to see any difference from his expression but that doesn't mean I don't either. 

"Are you sure about this Kisuke-san?"  

"Yes. After the Sports day, then will the suspension start. The only thing that will be affected would be the date and nothing else right? So that should be fine?"

'why'

One of the students who harmed me gave out a very low voice that only herself can hear.

"Yes. I can do that indeed. Is that the only thing you have to say, Kisuke-san?"

"Yes."

I know this I'm being a softie here but this is better this way. I'd rather do this than being devoured by guilt because of this. Despite not being my fault, my mind still can't take it.

17