Chapter 17- Play pretend
383 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We waited for 15 minutes and at last, it's my- or rather, it's our turn to enter. She's clinging to me as if we're a couple and I know why she's doing this not because she has romantic feelings for me but because couples have more discounts if we were to order as a couple. What a scheming one huh. Her being the "Student Council President isn't really just for show"

 

"What? You already fell for me just because I held your arm?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Your inner thoughts are leaking out Ki-su-ke -kun" 

 

'Like hell you can tell what my inner thoughts are saying, goddamn narcissist' but of course I didn't say that out and merely kept it in my brain and I didn't respond to anything.

 

I don't even know your name let alone anything about you. All I know is you're a student council president.

 

She's being annoying but instead of staying away from her, I just go with the flow. Getting more discounts just for pretending to be a couple isn't that bad. I'm not idiot enough to not see what this play is about. If I were in her place, I wouldn't even think about something like this. Girls these days are the ones who are making a move now huh. Decades ago, it's men who always made a move to impress a girl but it seems like the generation today is the exact opposite of that. Or probably it's just me? 

 

 

We entered the restaurant and I feel refreshed since outside is quite hot and as we enter, the fresh cold air started to touch my body which feels really good

 

"Good evening! Both of you must be a couple, we have a seat at the second floor for couples and we also have a discount but since you're a couple, there's more discounts for you to enjoy!"

 

"Ah yeah thanks" as I say that, we continued to walk but as we're about to go, we're stopped by her.

 

"Ma'am, Sir, to prove that you're a couple, please kiss each other in front of me" The staff said with a big smile.

 

"HuH?" I was shocked and didn't expect that.

 

"That's it? No problem" as soon as senpai said that, she quickly grabbed my face and quickly brought her face in front of me

 

*MWUAH*

 

"You may go now" the staff said while bowing and simply went back with a sweet smile.

 

"That..." I looked at her while rubbing my lips

 

"That what?" 

 

"That didn't even touched mine"

 

"What? Do you really expect me to do it? What a pervert"

 

"No not that, how come she didn't notice it?"

As I said that, she cane close to my ears and whispered:

 

"Magic"

 

As she said that and simply dragged me to the area and as soon as we entered the second floor, a staff member guided us to the best seat we could have. The place looks more romantic than usual. It's quite dark than usual but every tables has light so everyone could at least eat properly. What do you want? Eat while you can't even see anything? Duhhhh

 

The place has many bouquets of flowers and roses. It looks real but these should be just a bunch of fake flowers so at least they don't have to worry about it dying.

 

As we sat where the staff recommended us, she asked us to take our time to choose what we like on the table menu and simply click the bell on the corner of the table if we already found what we like to order.

 

 

"Back to the question. Why are you there?" She leaned on her elbows showing quite a small cleavage on the chest as she leaned. Not like I have to exaggerate my expression just because of that and simply made a small glance at it without expression.

 

"You were with Ms. Hana and Sumida-sensei right? Why don't you ask them?" I said while looking at the list of food menus on the table.

 

"I did…" she paused as she looked at me intensely and continued "They just told me 'let him be' which makes no sense at all as to why they would say that as if they don't care."

 

"They said that because they know why already and I'm not doing something fishy either so just give up."

 

"Well I guess. But them not telling me why is just… I feel like you and the teachers are hiding something that you don't want to say to other people like me. Ms. Hana and Sumida-sensei must be pretty close with you"

 

"Think whatever you want. You already found what you like to order? I'm going to tap the bell ring." 

 

"Yes, sure"

 

As she said that, I tapped the bell to call a waiter.

 

As soon as the bell rang, a waiter suddenly popped out of nowhere. Damn, they're pretty fast with their job.

 

"What would you like to order?"

 

 

"Hey, you first senp-" Before I could finish the word, I quickly cut it off as I saw a sharp piercing gaze of her. I indeed almost messed it up.

 

"Aw sure honey" senpai said with a lovely face exactly the opposite of what I just saw a few millisecond ago.

 

"I would like to order Kyoto Assari."1What Assari Ramen looks like

 

"What size ma'am?"

 

"Small bowl"

 

"Yes. What would you like to order sir?"

 

"Kumamoto, Medium size. Also Kumamoto and Large size Banshu for take out."2Kumamoto Ramen and Banshu

 

"Yes. Anything else?"

 

"Ah, I'll also get a medium size Banshu for take out." Senpai said as she heard me buying a take out. She probably also has siblings.

 

"Noted. Ma'am, Sir, can I take a photo of both of you? I'll bring the photocopy for both of you once I bring back your order. It's one of our jobs to take a photo for a couple's memories in our restaurant."

 

We both looked at each other and I didn't said a single thing and waited for senpai to respond.

 

"Yes please, we'd love to!" 

 

"Can we also post your couple picture to our wall here in the board? We only do this today which makes this a limited time offer for couples to see their pictures in our restaurant forever. And also, couples who are on the wall in this restaurant would receive a lifetime 10% discount on all menus we have. That is unless the couple broke up."

 

Saying that this is only going to happen today makes this feels like a once in a lifetime opportunity which is really indeed the case. But me and senpai are not a couple at all. And if that's the case, that means we have to be together whenever I want to eat at this restaurant to have the 10% discount valid.

 

So that's the reason why the staff at the entrance made us kiss each other all of a sudden.

 

"Yes sure, we'd love to! Right? Ho-ney~?" Senpai said with erotic voice but like hell I'm gonna get entice eith that. If we were to be posted on the board, that means people would see us whenever they enter this place. 

 

"Yes hun. Uhh sir, can you please post our picture on the wall but make it not quite visible? It's embarrassing for me to be seen by everybody whenever they enter the restaurant and see our face on the wall you see? I'm quite shy about it"

 

"Yes sir, noted. Anything else?"

 

"No we're good" as soon as I said that, the waiter bowed and left.

 

 

"You're pretty defensive and calculative huh" Senpai said as the waiter left.

 

"Of course I have to. I don't want anyone in our school to see the picture of both of us sitting as a couple. It would start a rumour and that picture would be their proof."

 

"Yes I get what you mean. And by the way, don't keep on calling me 'senpai' if I didn't made you stop, we would've definitely been kicked out of this place."

 

"Kicked out? That's exaggerated. And I don't even know your name and the only name I know is 'kaichou' and 'senpai' since that's what everybody calls you anyways."

 

"Just call me Ayako"

 

"Is that your last name?"

 

"Nope"

 

"What's your last name then?"

 

"Why does it matter? Just call me Ayako. You'll find out my last name anytime soon anyways."

 

"This is the first day we met and we're already here on a first name basis? Sounds like a dream come true scenario for all the boys."

 

"From my instinct, you're not that kind of boy anyways."

 

"Romance is a big joke itself anyways."

 

"Pfft." Ayako held her mouth trying to resist laughing. Thinking about it, this sounds cringe indeed. My whole face started to turn red the more I thought about it. Especially since I'm saying this to a woman older than me. But hey, romance is just a load of bullshits anyways so just admit it!

Sorry if the more I publish new chapters, the longer it takes. I'm writing this in real time which makes it take longer especially since I also have things in real life to worry about. The first 5 chapters were the chapters I wrote in my google docs as a past time/kill time and I thought I might as well publish it. But after those 5 chapters, everything were written in real time from then on which is why if you think that it takes too long before I could publish new chapters, then this is the answer. ^.^  I'm also writing this as a hobby and I earn nothing from this but I'd love to continue this to bring my imagination to life and share it all with you!!

14