Chapter 22: The Sakai family is coming (part 2)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Tell me Takao, you’re getting here quite early. I thought the Aquamarine closed its doors after 8 p.m. in the summer.”

“Let’s just say that we had a considerable wave of customers in the late afternoon and the store saw its shelves completely sold out. Much to our delight of course.”

“That damned Noah gave us a hard time today.”

“Aya, don’t talk about your boyfriend like that, he brought us plenty of customers today and he even helped us advise them.”

Aya, red as a beet, bristles like a cat taken by surprise.

“Mom! Boyfriend? Him? The day I go out with him, there will be sharks in the waters of Indigo Beach.”

“Haha, you can be so sensitive when it comes to him. It’s probably hiding something…”

“Vanessa, why don’t you stop bothering Aya with this, you can see she can’t hide her emotions.”

“PAPA !”

“Haha, it can’t be easy being the daughter of those two inconsiderate people can it?”

*Sigh*

“It’s the same all the time, and I would say it’s worse since my brother left home.”

“There is only one victim left, so it is she who takes for the other. Courage to you Aya-chan, we are going through a similar struggle.”

“Shimizu-san, are you a victim of bullying too?”

Vanessa and Takao hug each other as if for comfort, looking sadly at their daughter.

“Honey, do you hear that?”

“Our beloved daughter thinks we’re mocking her when in fact we love her with all our hearts.”

“You see this Shimizu-san… How do you expect me to take it seriously? They look like kids.”

“Haha, that’s because they are still young in their minds.”

“I wish they would grow up before me then.”

Footsteps come closer in the back of Naoki. A cold and calm voice comes to whisper in his ear.

“I thought I heard that you were a victim of bullying? I wonder who your tormentor could be then…”

“Well, obviously it’s my wi-…”

A drop of sweat slowly trickles down his forehead.

“-fe…”

Naoki turns slowly, feeling for him his final hour coming by guessing the person who is in his back.

A hand comes to rest on the chin of the man petrified by fear.

“I’m not sure I heard you right and I’m going to pretend I did. I don’t want to scare our guests away with our little couple squabbles, do you D-A-R-L-I-N-G.”

*gulp*

“Elsa !”

“Ara, good evening Vanessa, I’m glad you came tonight with Aya and Takao-san.”

“Are we the first ones here?”

“No, Ashley and Paul-san arrived a little earlier, they’re probably already at the Pavilion with Rina.”

“I’m done with what I had to do so we can join the others.”

Elsa grabs Naoki’s ear and drags him towards the Pavilion.

“Ow ow ow ow, easy okay.”

“Follow me, ufufu.”

The Sakai family look into each other’s eyes and smile in amusement.

“Is Rina’s mother always like this with her husband?”

“Haha let’s just say they live their love to the fullest.”

“Kind of like your dad and me.”

“Oh you…”

*Sound of kisses*

“THIS IS NOT THE TIME!”

Further on, Rina finds herself making conversation with the White family in the living room while waiting for her parents and the Sakai family.

Rémy-san is also present to support Rina and to chat with Paul and Ashley.

“I hadn’t been back to the Golden Pavilion in a while, so you can tell your parents that they’ve done the main room perfectly. The living room is beautiful.”

“Thank you, Paul-san, I’ll tell them, it will make them happy.”

Rémy-san notices the discomfort of the young Rina to maintain the dialogue with the parents of Sophie

He then comes and pats her shoulder and whispers in her ear.

“If you want I’ll take over, you can stay with your friend while you wait for your parents.”

“Let’s do that, thank you Remy-san.”

In no time at all, the chef takes matters into his own hands.

“Tell me Paul, I recognize your southern French accent. What region are you from originally?”

“I feel like you have an accent close to mine, we may have been neighbors in the past who knows.”

“You think so?”

“Haha, I’m even sure. My wife and I have already eaten in your restaurant in Cannes a few years ago, Sophie was not even ten years old at the time.”

“Are you from Cannes too?”

“Not far but no, I’m originally from Grasse.”

“Ah, the perfume capital of the world. And you’ve made it your business.”

“I made it my job, exactly. When you’re immersed in this environment your whole childhood, it’s hard to get rid of it. Especially since in the meantime, it has become a passion.”

The conversation goes on quietly until some noises come to challenge our guests.

*Chime sounds*

The sliding door opens.

“You can put your stuff in that closet.”

Rina stands up towards the entrance.

“Mummy?”

“Ah Rina, come say hello.”

The last guests have arrived, the party can begin.

0