Chapter 23: Family reunion and discussion on the future
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three families get together to celebrate the beginning of this new school year for their daughters but also to get together one last time before the White couple leaves for Europe.

“All the guests have arrived, it’s time for me to slip away.”

“What are you saying Chef Remy, I see that you have already sympathized with Paul and Ashley-san, so stay with us, I’m sure our guests agree with me.”

“Obviously, it would be a shame for me to part with a fellow countryman for this evening.”

Naoki looks at Elsa to ask her opinion.

She nods her head as if in agreement with her husband’s proposal.

“Well Remy-san, then stay with us.”

Naoki extends his hand towards the living room.

“Please take a seat on the couches for an aperitif carefully prepared by our chef here.”

“And myself!”

“Um… By our chef and with the exceptional assistance of our daughter Rina.”

Everyone settles in comfortably to enjoy the delicious drinks and appetizers provided.

Elsa takes Rina aside for a few seconds to ask her a question.

“Tell me Rina, do you know when Sana will be back from school? It’s getting late, I wouldn’t want her to arrive after dinner.”

“Um, I had texted her on Limu*, she said she would normally arrive just in time for dinner.”

“This little girl works too hard, for once I wish she had taken a bit of an example from her father and enjoyed her youth more.”

“I’m not sure how nice that is for papa-san, but I agree.”

“Let me know if she sends you a message back.”

“Okay.”

While the parents drink and enjoy their evening, Rina invites Aya and Sophie to move away from the group.

“Come on, let’s get our drinks and some appetizers and we’ll go out on the patio, we’ll be more at peace to talk.”

The girls move towards the buffet.

Rina looks longingly at each of the different dishes, each of which looks better than the next.

“Rina, be careful, you’ll start drooling if you continue.”

“But how can I resist, I already had to hold back earlier when I helped Remy-san but now it’s not possible.”

“It’s true that they look really good these appetizers but hold back Rina-chan, otherwise you won’t be able to finish your meal later on.”

“You’re right Sophie, but I’ve prepared myself mentally and physically for this meal, I’ll handle it.”

Rina, like a talented Kunoichi, comes to steal different appetizers instantly to put them on her plate.

“It’s almost scary how much you reveal unlikely skills as soon as it comes to filling your belly.”

“Never underestimate the stomach of a growing girl.”

“The worst part is that I feel like you’re not gaining a single pound. You and Sophie are the same in that respect and it’s really unfair. Thank goodness I have my activities at the club and work out in my spare time.”

“Mo~ Aya-chan, are you implying that I’m a glutton too?”

“Haha, you may not realize it, but when you invite us to have tea with you, the amount of cakes and cookies of all kinds that you plan is pretty over the top.”

“This is…”

Sophie thinks back to all the times she invited her friends over.

“I can see from your face that you are visualizing the scene. I rarely get to see you like this, but as soon as it comes to eating over a cup of tea, there’s no limit to your belly.”

“I… I have no idea what you’re talking about Aya-chan.”

The girls enjoy their private time. The sunset slightly darkens the atmosphere around the Pavilion.

“I’m going to light the braziers, it will be nicer and warm us up a bit. The sea breezes are cool when it starts to get dark.”

“Good idea, I’ll help you.”

The warm and comforting light of the fires illuminates the terrace while warming the girls.

“That’s better.”

“Anyway Rina, let’s talk about the really important stuff. What are you going to do about this student ID thing?”

“What do you mean?”

“You already don’t remember what was said this morning?”

“Uh… Not really.”

“Aya-chan talks about having to join a club or do extracurricular activities to earn Ai Points on your card.”

“Aaaah !”

“Have you given any thought to what you were planning to do?”

“Um not really, I’m going to test out the cooking club because they promised me quality cookies but otherwise I don’t really have a starting point. I guess you two already knew what you were going to do.”

“For me no surprise, it will be the surf club like every year. What about you Sophie?”

“Um, I’m still wavering between the tea ceremony club and the literature club. I’m also interested in the gardening club.”

“You were already in the literature club last year already, was it good?”

“Yes, it was very enjoyable. The campus library is really huge and full of rare and interesting books. I enjoyed it but I’m still hesitant to go back, I’d also like to diversify my activities a bit more.”

Rina rubs her chin and closes her eyes, she enters a phase of intense thinking.

“Um, surfing… A sports club or maybe a cultural club like the literature one…”

Sophie leans discreetly towards Aya and whispers in her ear.

“She puts more energy into it than in previous years.”

“She’s weighing the pros and cons of the choices available to her. It has to be said that this year there is a real interest in joining a club.”

“Since she had never really been interested in it before, she is not familiar with the clubs that may exist.”

Aya puts her hand on Rina’s shoulder.

“Don’t torture your mind now, you still have a month to make your choice. If you want tomorrow we’ll take stock of the clubs available on campus and list the ones that might be good for you. I’ll even go with you to visit them.”

“I’ll come too, it makes me curious.”

“Girls… THANK YOU!”

*Limu is a parody of Line

0