Chapter 53: Alternatives and Dormitory
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is now time to go home for our young friends, the club rooms are emptying one after the other, and the same for the classrooms.

Hunger gnawing at Rina, there’s no more time to dawdle left and right; she must head straight to the dormitory.

“By the way, it just occurred to me, what are you doing about the dormitory, Aya? Are you planning to stay there this year?”

“Yeah, I already filled out the paperwork over summer break. Last year, I wasn’t too motivated to leave Aquamarine but I realized that staying there just to watch the store wasn’t that great.”

“Um, I see. So how are your parents doing this year?

“Do you mean shopkeeping?”

“Yes.”

“It seems to me that they told me about a family member who wants to come live on the island. I think he’s going to work for my parents and run the store in exchange for free housing and a salary.”

“Does it pay well to work at your parent’s house?”

“Haha, why are you asking? Do you want to come to work? Be careful, over there we don’t mess around at all.”

“Uh… No, that’s okay. It was just an idle question.”

Sophie claps her fist in her hand when she hears these words, a sudden idea comes to her mind.

“Eureka!”

“Eh? What’s going on, Sophie?”

“I know we’ve already discussed the idea of creating a club for Rina, but there are indeed other alternatives to take advantage of the student card benefits.”

“Really? Like what?”

“Rina, don’t you remember the information they gave out yesterday?”

“Um… Now that you mention it, it does speak vaguely to me.”

“It was mentioned that joining a club was a possibility but that there were other methods to earn points.”

“I remember it was student jobs and charities, right?”

“Yes, exactly.”

“Indeed, we didn’t consider these options today. Rina, what’s your opinion? Would you like to explore nearby employment opportunities and charitable organizations first?”

“Effectively, it may be fun too but I have an issue with student jobs.”

“What’s bothering you?”

“Working hours… I had already thought last year about getting a small job since sometimes neither of you was available after school.”

“Is it that restrictive Rina-chan?”

“For me, yes. I had been around the shops that were hiring at the time to see a little bit about the styles of stores, the wages, and the working hours.”

“First time I’ve heard of this, how about you Sophie?”

“Yes, me too.”

“Let’s just say that I quickly realized that if I took a job, the free time I could devote to my studies and you was over…”

“Wait, do you mean dedicating time to reading manga and playing video games instead? Because last year, that’s what you were mostly doing.”

Rina puts her finger on Aya’s mouth and looks at her languidly.

“Shhh, you shouldn’t say things like that out loud, come on.”

“You, I swear…”

“What about charities, Rina-chan?”

“No idea for the life of me. I never really cared about them, and to tell you the truth, I had no idea there were any on campus.”

Aya puts her hand on her forehead.

*Sigh*

“I don’t even know how it’s possible not to know about this knowing that last year we participated in events hosted by some of them.”

“No way!”

“Rina-chan, remember last year we participated in a charity marathon and we also did a costume parade with our class.”

“Wait, wasn’t it the school that organized this?”

“In part, yes. But the initiative came from a charity every time.”

“Okay, well I admit I wasn’t necessarily the most focused during the official announcements in class. But still…”

It makes you wonder if she has retained anything from the previous years. I’m starting to worry about your memory Rina, I still need you to continue this story…

“Regarding charities, what are your thoughts?”

“I’m kind of caught off guard here.”

“As I was saying, we still have time to go see what’s on the campus. Plus, tomorrow is the weekend, so it’s perfect. I’m sure they’re available.”

Rina ponders the idea.

Not that it isn’t good, but it doesn’t seem to make our heroine tremble with excitement.

“I don’t think you need to bother with that. The idea of starting my club has been starting to grow on me since earlier so it’s going to be hard for me to be seduced by other prospects.”

“Haha, I almost forgot about your flighty side.”

“Oh, I see you’ve always been fascinated by my flighty charm! But to be fair to myself, I prefer to be called ‘hyper-passionate’ now. It’s like being passionate, but with an extra dose of spice and excitement!”

“If you want. In any case, we can rule that out too.”

“Yes, but it’s good to know that I have other options if the club idea doesn’t pan out. Thanks for the reminder, Sophie.”

“Hihi, you’re very welcome Rina-chan.”

Along the way, the girls begin to see the top of the student dorms in the distance.

“Well, here we are, almost there. It’s been a long time since I’ve been down this road.”

“I hope we get good rooms. One with a beach view for me would be nice.”

“That way you’d be ready at a moment’s notice to join it if you saw any big waves.”

“You got it!”

“What about you Sophie?”

“As long as I am close to you both I will be happy.”

Rina wraps her arms around Sophie like an octopus with its tentacles.

“Oh, you! Come here so I can give you some little tickles.”

“Hahaha, stop it Rina, stop it…”

0