Chapter 54: The second-year dormitory
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Aya, since you filled out the paperwork not so long ago, do you know what our dorm is?”

“Um, if I remember correctly it’s the F5.”

“F5 then, it must be around here.”

The dormitory area is large enough to accommodate as many students as there are places in the schools.

This may seem excessive, but on the island, over 98% of students live in dormitories all year round.

“Do you already know your room numbers?”

“Of course Rina-chan, my room is 308.”

“Mine is 310, what about you Rina?”

“…”

“Don’t tell me you don’t know?”

“Let’s put it this way, I haven’t quite gotten around to seeing that information yet. But no worries, I’m on it – I’ll check with the concierge! Haha.”

“You let your mother do all the legwork again, didn’t you?”

“…”

“Oh, you!”

“I’ll make an effort next year I promise, it’s just that I ended up forgetting to fill in those papers during the holidays, I thought about it too late.”

“It’s a good thing your mom’s so organized, Rina-chan, or you’d have to live under a bridge.”

Rina suddenly stops, her face frozen and her eyes wide. Horrified by the idea of ending up on the street for a simple matter of unfilled paper.

*whispers*

“Rina-chan?”

“Oh dear, you just said something you shouldn’t have.”

“Really?”

“Hey, Rina, you won’t end up under a bridge this year, don’t worry. You’ll thank your mother tonight for thinking of you.”

Rina immediately takes her phone out of her pocket.

*Phone Dial Tone*

“Hello, Rina?”

“MUMMY! THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM ENDING UP UNDER A BRIDGE!”

“…”

*sobs*

“Thank you, Mummy!”

*sigh*

“Your room number is 311. Remember to be polite and nice to the dorm staff and your fellow students, okay? I’m hanging up now, I’ve got customers waiting.”

“Yes… thanks, mummy.”

Sophie and Aya look into each other’s eyes.

“Wait, how did she know Rina was calling her for this?”

“No idea…”

“Elsa-san is amazing, she knows Rina inside out. Or maybe she has magical powers.”

Um, what do you think Shuu-chan?

About Rina’s mother?

Yes.

It’s unlikely to be any kind of magic or occult force.

I thought so too, hihi.

However…

“Eh?”

Rina dries her tears and is back on track in no time.

“Well, 311 it is. We’re all three on the same floor and next to each other, which is great.”

“Let’s go, I’ll have to start putting my things away as soon as possible.”

Dormitories are separated according to two precise rules.

Firstly, according to study level. For example, there is a dormitory reserved exclusively for students in their first year of high school. The first year of secondary school corresponds to the number 1.

Secondly, each dormitory is divided into two buildings to separate girls and boys. The letter F for girls and M for boys.

Following this logic, F5 corresponds to the 5th-grade girls’ dormitory.

That’s all there is to it, let’s get back to it!

“Aya, Sophie, I suggest we meet later for dinner in the cafeteria. I need to put my things away too.”

“Okay, Rina-chan.”

“I’ll see you later.”

The girls split up and returned to their respective rooms.

Rina enters her new home for the coming year.

*Deep inspiration*

She’s rushing to bed!

“YAY!”

Rina bounced repeatedly on the mattress of her new bed, wriggling around like a freshly caught eel.

“Haha, a room that smells clean and a brand new bed. I feel like I’m in a hotel room. No, wait! In reality, a dorm room is almost like a hotel room, isn’t it?”

The pleasant feeling of having your own place when you’re still a student almost makes you want to go back to school…

“Come on, refocus Rina, I’ve got to start tidying up or I’ll never be in time for dinner.”

0