Chapter 1 : A New Crew Onboard
152 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was yet but another day in the open sea. The waves were as gentle as ever, which was rare at this time of year. The wind carrying the sails of a huge ship filled with people - more like filled with pirates. With the transportation heading towards their next destination, it was only a matter of time that they would dock at another port. Hopefully, one that doesn't have the Imperial guards scattered around the area.

 

Everything was going swell until one discrepancy disturbed the whole group.

 

"Captain!" A man with a croaky voice shouted as he was dragging one end of the rope.

 

While the other end was wrapped around a certain individual's body. From his waist and up to his shoulders. It was to make sure that the stowaway didn't run away.

 

The tied individual grunted irritably as he furrowed his brows. Looking down on the weary wood planks of the ship's deck, "..."

 

A man with chin-length silver hair who was overseeing the ship noticed the call. Wearing a refined black pirate hat on his head, an icon for every pirate captain that had ever existed. A heavy coat enveloping his body, all buttoned up to his jugular. With a puzzled look on his face, he turned to look down at one of his crew

 

"What's the matter?" He said as he began to walk down a flight of stairs. His other crew then turned their attention towards their fellow pirate and the anonymous individual.

 

The vexed crew then pulled on the rope, causing it to drag the rat he had found beside him, "Found 'im in the storage smuggling our food! Must be a damn stowaway." The man said as he glared daggers at the perpetrator - which the other individual returned.

 

"The food?! Just how much did he eat?!" One of the crew looked as if he was about to have veins popped on the side of their head.

 

"By the looks of it, it'll only last us one or two days. This sniveling rat has to pay for it!" The rope was again pulled with brute force, it made the culprit of the crime fall face-first into the wooden floor. The captain stood there in front of him and scanned the individual's appearance.

 

Ragged clothes, messy disheveled hair, filth filled the stowaway's face, and only one sheathed dagger on his waist.

 

"Let's bury him to the bottom of the ocean! This scoundrel would do no good if we let 'im off with it"

 

"He'll pay it with his life! We were working our arses off to get those supplies! Shuck 'im off the ship!"

 

A riot was going around the deck as the crew members were shouting bloody murder for the man. Though the captain's eyes weren't fazed by this man. He caught a glimpse of the other man's eyes staring back at him. With little to no light of life was burning in the man's pupils.

 

The captain took a deep breath and stomped his foot into the wooden floor, "Shut yer damn traps, you all!" He shouted, instantly setting the temperature around them into ground zero.

 

He then stared down at the culprit before squatting down, "He may be a stowaway, but can't yer eyes see this? This man was trying to fight for his life as well like us lot."

 

"But captain, he ate most of our food supplies!"

 

"And? He's human, he also needs to eat when his stomach's empty. Just like us all." The captain answered as his eyes kept focusing on the individual.

 

"...What's yer name?"

 

"..."

 

"Oi, answer the captain when he asks-"

 

"Didn't I tell ya to shut yer traps?" The captain glared at the crew who had shouted in anger a few seconds ago.

 

"...Y-Yes captain..."

 

The captain hummed with a frown on his face before turning back to look at the individual, "So what's yer answer?"

 

"..." The stowaway looked straight into the captain's eyes with an unruly gaze, "...Roderick..."

 

"Errat de Crescent, so can I call ya Rody then? The name's too long, not that I judge yer mother who gave it to you." The man said with a brightened look on his face.

 

"...Do whatever you want..."

 

"Hm, if that's so..." The captain then grabbed the rope and helped the perpetrator stood up on his feet. He smiled at Roderick and put his hand on his hip.

 

"Welcome aboard, Rody."

 

And thus, the day of becoming a pirate came to one lucky individual - more like it was shoved towards him.

6