Chapter 5 – Whispers from the Trees
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey, I know it been three years since I've updated this story but I figured since my writing skills have improved (i hope) that I have nothing to loose. Tell me if you think I should transform the first four chapters of this slop into readable content.

Damien has been walking for days at this point. There are whispers coming from the trees. "Hello? Is anyone there?" A shaky voice comes from Damien. This was no Isekai. The stary eyed teen from his first day had been long gone. He looked down and his body withered away. He missed his friends. He missed his Mom. He missed himself.  In the morning, he had drained his energy using Night Vision. He would've slept through it, but he could never find a comfortable pos At the worst possible moment, he started hearing things. He couldn't define the words they said, but there was a constant whispering whenever he droned off course. He didn't know what course, but it was like they were herding him.

Despite everything, Damien survived. He grunted loudly as  his Katana pinned a Scurry-Tail to a tree, killing it. That was the name Saith told him. In reality it was some sort of Mouse Squirrel amalgamation. It would do as lunch. This body didn't need to have it's food cooked, and Damien didn't know how to cook. His canine jaw ripped the small animal in half before smushing it to a paste with his rear teeth. It's body twitched in his mouth, barely dead. It would do. That's the phrase he's been repeating for the majority of his time here in this world, in his past life he didn't settle.

"Appraise" his voice said, targeting the already dead animal.


Name: N/A

Species: Scurry-Tail

Level: 12

Stats: VIT: 18/18 AGI: 25 STM: 14/14 STR: 4 MANA: 8/8

Titles: Forest Forager, Nimble Climber, Nut Hoarder

Abilities: Enhanced Senses, Climbing (9/10), Scurrying (8/10), Cheek Pouch Storage (6/10)

Species Abilities: Gliding, Burrowing

Unique Abilities: Cached Supplies

Spells: None

Stage: Mortal


This would be suitable. The cumulative nature of his abilities made everything suitable. "Shapeshift"  That was getting old. It wasn't like it was actually him shifting shapes, it was just that he would gain it's abilities.


Name: Damien Smith

Species: Slofie Beastman-Tail

Level: 31

Stats:
VIT: 380/380
AGI: 50
STM: 400/400

STR: 83
MANA: 60/60

Titles: Swordsman, Predator, Monster Killer, Killer, Samurai, Zombie, Otherworlder, Forest Forager, Nimble Climber, Nut Hoarder

Abilities: Night vision, Swordsmanship (10/10), Regeneration (2/10), Enhanced Senses, Climbing (9/10), Scurrying (8/10), Cheek Pouch Storage (6/10)

Species abilities: Pain Nullification, Shapeshift. Gliding, Burrowing

Unique abilities: Saith

Spells: None

Stage: Master


His fingers lengthened grotesquely as flaps emerged from his armpits, each allowing him to fly and climb. He could not lie, at the start the ever increasing name was entertaining to him, but at this point it was getting obnoxious. The whispers took him out of his thoughts, and they told him to continue on his way. His enhanced hearing had turned into enhanced senses, so the forest seemed less like a labyrinth and more like a never ending maze. If that helped at all.

He continues on, begrudgingly going where the whispers guide him. After many failed attempts to make it out of this path of whispers, and the whispers getting louder and louder until they physically pained Damien to hear. After about a hour of walking he makes it to a cave. Was this meant to be? Would he get some ancient power in this cave? No. He walked in and was immediately met with a dead end. Before he could turn back, the whispers stopped, and something fell from the trees. They almost looked like ninjas, if it wasn't for the fact that their bodies were rotting away and maggots eating them.

They sprinted towards Damien, he could only see two of them. Maybe one for each side of the path, keeping him in? No time to think. The one to his left pulled out a rusty serrated dagger and  attempted to stab Damien in the neck, but he instinctively blocked it with his claws. His training came back to him and he side stepped the ninja, putting it off balance. He counter attacked with his katana, putting a deep slash through the enemy. It staggered, and before it could throw out its own counter attack Damien let in his animalistic tendencies and pounced on the ninja. His long claws and fingers snapped its neck gruesomely.

Before Damien could catch his breath the other ninja's skeletal hands gripped it's own knife and tried to stab Damien in the back. The flesh made a smooth slimy sound, with the foreign object entering left of his spine. He roared loudly and thrashed toward to ninja. He used his claws and attacked the enemies eyes so it would be blinded, and it made a vicious gash along its face. The ninja's hands flew to its face, almost like it was trying to find it's eyes. In this moment of weakness, Damien grabbed it's head and bashed it into the wall, brain matter exploding everywhere.

"That was.. Unpleasant." Damien said. He slumped down against the wall and finally heard silence. He fell asleep. 

 

i just realized how short this is it took me like two hours jesus

1