Chapter 35. Picking Teams
6.4k 5 177
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After everyone filed back onto the field, I just sat and rested while 'Midnight' was explaining the next game. I already knew it, but was stuck on who I should team up with. ‘I will be severely hampered if I need to be in contact with my teammates. I need three roles. Defender, Attacker, and support/escape. I can’t attack, defend, or support if I have no quirk. So the top choice for a team member is…’

 

After all the rules were explained I saw Deku, and Uraraka walking toward Ida, and I. Ida turned them down, stating that he wants to go off on his own, and prove that he should also be seen as a rival. He walked off, and both Deku, and Uraraka looked at me like abandoned kittens. ‘Ugh stop looking at me like that, it makes it impossible to say no!’ I turned my eyes away to say what I needed to. “I’m sorry to both of you. I need to form my own team with people who can stand my quirk. And I’m pretty sure you got a teammate right behind you.” I point behind them to showcase the tech-girl herself. “I’ll still see you two in the finale right?” 

 

They both gained hopeful expressions and nodded their heads, as I went off to find my team members. ‘Points don’t matter as long as we keep our headband we should go to finals. Just gotta find who I need. Good the two are together’ “Hey! Jiro, Momo want to form a team?” Momo turned away for a second with an embarrassed look on her face. ‘Oh no. Did she already get a group? Am I too late?’ Starting to freak out over if I have to make a new group composition, Jiro started talking with a smirk. “Why do you call her Momo now?” ‘Oh geez, her last name is such a mouthful, I started calling her that in my head, and now It’s leaked out. Let’s try and not blow this out of proportion.’ 

 

“Sorry, her last name is such a mouthful I started just using her first name instead. Now can we get back on track? I need you both in my group. Please, it has to be you two.” They both turned red, and looked away. Momo was just plain embarrassed, while Jiro had a combination of smirking and frowning. 

 

‘Ah that kinda sounds like a confession… especially if you already have love on the brain.’ Thinking that, my face started turning a shade of red to match theirs. ‘Ugh… dang teenage hormones.’ “C’mon we need one more person to complete our group. Are you coming with me?” They both nodded without looking me in the eyes. I led the group without saying anything else to try not to say anything that could be misconstrued. ‘Already in a half dug grave, I don't wanna bury myself anymore.' I finally head over to the last person I need.

 

“Setsuna Tokage. Will you be part of our team?” Both Momo, and Jiro were surprised that I knew this girl, but got over it quickly when they remembered I knew a kid in general studies. Tokage was the most surprised, for mostly two reasons. “How do you know me? We’ve never met.” I chuckled “Well I try to get to know everyone in this school. Who they are, and what their quirk is. And I need your quirk to secure our victory.” She looked shocked, but then her expression turned into a smile. “What do you need me to do?” 

 

With an evil grin I explained my plan. The girls were almost feeling guilty for the other teams. “How do you beat this?” “I guess you thought this through.” “My place in the finale is secured with this!” Well Tokage wasn’t, but Momo, and Jiro were. We got into our places. Momo made an insulated blanket for me to stand on in between all the girl’s hands. Jiro was up front, able to use your ability without the need of hands is useful. Tokage was in the back left, able to use her non-dominant hand to steal headbands is good. And finally Momo was in the back right ready to help defend anything in that area.

 

“You girls ready?” I shout over all the noise others are making. “Roger” “Yes” “You got it!” I hear all of them reply back full of vigor. “OK! Let's make it to the end!”

177