Chapter 74. Red Handed!
4.5k 13 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the morning and did my normal routine, but I had one more thing to add to that list. I took out a large roll of gauze, and started rolling it all down my left arm. ‘Trying to get this stuff to cover my fingers is a pain.’ I finally got everything covered, and left for school. Making it to class, I sat down on my seat trying to hide my presence as much as I could. Next to me I saw Momo reading a book on classical literature. ‘If I remember correctly this is the arc when Momo was feeling down for not feeling strong enough. This gives me an idea.’

 

“Hey Momo” She was startled when I called out to her, but directed her attention to me. “Do you mind if you can help me study for the written portion of the exam? I wouldn’t mind helping you with some battle training in return.” She was flattered that I thought of her to help with studies. ‘Even though she is literally a genius.’ Kyoka happened to hear my idea and wanted in on it too. “Hey, I want in too. I don’t want to get left behind.” Hearing this Momo’s face got reddened, causing Kyoka to hear her own words, and blush herself. “I meant in strength you idiot.” She for some reason said that to me, and hit me with her earphone jack. “I didn’t say anything. Why am I the one getting hit?” Kyoka shook her head to stave off her blush. “Because your stupidity is spreading.”

 

‘Well I guess teaching Kyoka some moves would probably be a good idea for the future.’ As I was thinking of how to teach the two girls I was brought back out of my thoughts. “Hey… What are those bandages for?” I tried to downplay the reason so hopefully they wouldn’t pursue it. “Oh this? It’s not anything really, I just happened to get injured a little bit while training.” Kyoka’s frown deepened, and her eyes squinted. “Then get it fixed from recovery girl.” ‘Dang, she called my bluff.’ I tried to keep up my poker face, but it faltered just a bit. “Oh I don’t think it is that necessary, I can’t even feel any pain.” She continued to press, while Momo was looking at me worriedly. “You already have a hard time feeling pain, like when your hand was burned and you had no idea.” 

 

‘I really can’t lie. What gives me away?’ I sighed before looking around to see if anyone else was listening in. Doing this caused both girls to sigh. “Fine, my arm has been changed from my quirk just like my eye.” This caused both girls to silently freak out at me. “You are the dumbest person I have ever met! Get it checked out! Quirks don’t change things permanently after they have already manifested!” Momo kept nodding in agreement at what Kyoka was saying before adding on herself. “I must agree with Jiro on this! You don’t know how dangerous that quirk may be! I am going to get you an appointment with recovery girl right now!”

 

Just as she was standing up I quickly grabbed her arm to stop her. She turned around in confusion. “Stop, I am fine. I don’t need to go.” Her face turned into anger before she started to drag me out of the classroom with Kyoka following not too far behind. “Umm… class happens in just 10 minutes.” I tried to convince her to go back by implying her grade may falter. “Oh I won’t need more than one.” This sentence activated my 6th sense of danger. ‘Oh boy.’ She dragged me to the medical room which was empty before sitting me down on the bed. Kyoka was silent through all of this. ‘I guess Kyoka is scared of what a mad Momo would do as well.’

 

“Now if you don’t want me to get recovery girl here right now, you will show me what is under that bandage. If you can convince me that you don’t need medical treatment then I will let this go.” ‘Ugh, I can’t pick either choice. I don’t want recovery girl to tell others, which she probably has to do. Less doctor patient confidentiality in this world. If teachers find out that I've been doing this, then that might get me therapy, or kicking me out of school. If they don't suspect me of already having more than one quirk. I also don’t want to show these two I put myself in lots of pain either.’ I just hung my head in defeat as I raised my left arm for Momo to unbind. 

 

After a few seconds I felt her small hands wrap themselves around my left hand. They slowly and carefully started to unwrap the gauze covering my fingers. After a few fingers were free I heard two small gasps.

140