Chapter 98.
3k 6 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I was done, I looked back up at everyone. Most were just staring with their mouths open a bit. Momo, and Kyoka were tearing up. “Well that is the best Billy Joel song I can play with just one instrument.” I walked over to turn off my speaker, but was stopped from Hagakure. “Well what about something else? I would like to hear another song.” I looked back over at everyone else, and they all nodded along. I thought for a moment of another song to use, and immediately face palmed.

 

“Why didn’t I think of them sooner? It literally had a movie about a world without them.” I walked back over to my original spot under the watchful gazes of everyone. I sat down and strummed the opening to ‘Yesterday’ by the Beatles. I started singing soon after, the song was always one of my favorites from the Beatles. I kept singing with a soft tone to match the song's tempo. I got to the end of the song with a distant look on my face, thinking back to the past. I was broken out of my thoughts by Deku.

“Was that also Billy Joel?” I laughed a little at the insinuation. “No, that was the band ‘Beatles’. They were a British band that came to America to hit it big back in the… 1960s I think.” Then Uraraka spoke up. “How about other bands? Do you know any other band you can sing to?” I looked back at her. “Are you sure? I’m singing in English. Can you guys even understand what I’m saying? To all you this might as well be an instrumental.” Everyone shook their heads, and Mina spoke up. 

 

“I totally can’t understand like half of what you’re singing, but I don’t really mind. I don’t care about what exactly you are saying. I can feel it, I can totally feel the emotions from your singing. I can also see your-” She was stopped by Kyoka, and Hagakure. I looked at both of them and Momo talked in their place. “What I think Ashido means to say is, you have the ability to share emotions with your singing.” I sighed. “Momo, are you some sort of diplomat?” She giggled slyly. “Please just continue teaching us these older bands.”

 

I thought about another classic band for a moment. I came up with one, and started to strum the opening. The song was from ‘Creedence clearwater Revival’ and the song was ‘Have you ever seen the rain’. I always liked this song because back where I lived it rained plenty during the sunny days. I haven’t seen it anywhere else, but in my hometown. This song just reminded me of home in the best way possible. By the time I was done I had a large smile on my face, and my mood had shifted to being as happy as I could be without the feeling of crying over it.

 

After that song was over I turned off my guitar, much to the displeasure of my audience. “Sorry, but I can only sing a little bit before my voice gets bad... Although, I don’t know if I have anything else for you all to do here though.” I said as I was putting away my guitar and speaker back to my room. “Oh you don’t have to worry about that, I just happened to have a party game app on my phone!” Mina yelled while bringing out her phone. I finished putting my guitar in my room, and as I turned around I saw everybody at my door.

 

I was about to close the door behind me until I was stopped by something, but I couldn’t see what it was. I then knew exactly who it was. “Hagakure, why are you stopping me from closing my door?” I looked at the floating hair clip as it emitted a shy chuckle. “Umm… I just thought it would be interesting to see what your room is like.” I sighed and looked at everyone’s pleading faces. I sighed and opened the door for all to see inside. “It doesn’t have much to be interested in, or have enough space to house you all during this game.” 

 

They didn’t seem to hear me and took my ‘go ahead and look’ as ‘go ahead and come in’, guess I didn’t make it clear enough. I saw everyone taking seats on the floor, and look around. I sighed again, the feeling of having my personal space being intruded upon didn’t exactly make me happy. They stared at my skateboards, hats, old record player, cd’s, and vinyl's. After I found out that every song I looked up existed, I quickly went to buy them all, so my music area was a little bit of a pile right now. My desk and computer were fairly clean, except for one thing that made me shiver.

 

‘I left out my journal! If they look through that, then I’m dead!’ I played it cool, and moved over to the desk. I put a few other things away to hide the fact of the most important one. I took the journal, and slid it under another notebook like it. After I was done with that, I put on my personal mix of music with a bunch of bands on it. I made sure to put the volume on low so as not to detract from whatever we were doing.

 

I sat down on my bed outside the circle everyone was forming. I was about to ask what we were doing, when I was pulled from my bed to the ground by Kyoka and Mina. They had me join the circle between the both of them. After that was over Mina decided to let us hear about the game. It was an ice-breakers game, asking questions and hearing everyone's answers. Standard stuff, but it was fun regardless. Soon enough the game came to a close, and I sent everyone off before darkness enveloped the night. I was about to go back to my room when I heard a knock at the door.

 

Thinking it was someone who left their phone I opened up the door without a second thought. Momo, Kyoka, Mina, and Hagakure were all back. I looked at them confused, but let them in anyway.

 

“Is there something you all forgot?” I said as I saw them taking their shoes off. They didn’t say anything, and made their way over to me. I backed away to create more space, but they took it up in an instant. I yawned from fatigue, I was planning on taking a bath then going to sleep, but now I had to add this to my plans. “Am I being interrogated?” I said weakly, I had no energy to fight back. They seemed to pick up on this, and nodded to each other. They then proceeded to pull me to my room. 

 

I was confused as to what they were doing, Hagakure especially. I was put onto my bed by all of the girls. I just stared at them, and they stared back. Until Kyoka finally spoke. “We only need to be here as long as you’re awake. We have to make sure you are actually going to sleep, and not pull out some crazy idea to make you not have to sleep. We know you mess with your brain almost everyday, so you can’t say we’re making this up.” I looked at the rest of the girls and saw that they all agreed with Kyoka’s reasoning. 

 

I sighed as she was right. ‘I probably could have done something like that. I did research a lot about the brain, so I might be able to get away with forcibly removing the chemicals that make you tired, or make half of my brain sleep at a time. No. No. This is exactly what she was talking about.’ I nodded that she was right, then I stood up. I hugged Kyoka who ‘Eeep’ed so cutely that I couldn’t help but smile. She stabbed me as I let go. I then moved to Momo and gave her a hug as well. She buried her head into me, as I rested my chin on her head.

 

I then let go of Momo, and looked towards Mina. She was blushing while glancing between me and the ground. I walked over to her and patted her cotton candy hair. I pretended to walk away, earning a sorrowful sigh from her before I came back, and hugged her tightly. This surprised her, and she froze in my embrace. I chuckled lightly, and petted her hair on the back of her head softly. I then let her go, and looked at Hagakure. I didn’t really know what to think about her. She seemed to know about this whole situation, but what was she doing here?

 

I was too tired to try and figure it out, and looked back at Kyoka, and Momo. They seemed to already understand like I thought. They seemed too close to Mina, right after my declaration. I gave them both a hug with Momo on my right and Kyoka on my left. I then whispered so only they could hear. “I love you both, and that love has not died down one bit. I love you both so much. You both really are too good for me, and I will always put you both and Mina on the same level. I don’t know how you understand what happened, but I want to thank you both for still keeping me in your possession. I am still yours, and always will be as long as you’ll let me.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCV9oqtwyVA  Beatles 'Yesterday'                                                                                                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ  Creedence clearwater Revival 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain'

81