Chapter 114. Moving
3.1k 34 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As everyone was celebrating the recovery of everyone that was gassed, I was happy but somber all the same. Deku looked at me while I was just staring at the TV. Luckily the news was much better at the fact we captured many villains, and the students were only injured, and not kidnapped. But I knew what was coming next. Deku came over to look at the TV to see what was making me so somber. Momo came next and then Shoto, then I found Hagakure’s lightning hair clip floating right behind me also watching. After a few minutes everyone was watching the TV.

 

It was then the news station broke out into a live report. We all saw in horror at ‘All for One’ and All Might fighting. The live reports were coming from a flying helicopter with a reporter telling us bits of information. It seems that everything was going as closely to the show as I let them. Shigaraki was thrown into the portal that ‘All for One’ made with the help of the unconscious Kurogiri. A few other villains that we failed to catch were with him. All Might was fighting but it was a losing battle.

 

Luckily I did change how long All Might could hang on. He didn’t push himself earlier with the Nomu earlier in the year so I might have helped a bit, but he still showed his true self saving a woman trapped in some rubble. Deku and I watched with tears in our eyes at the whole world seeing his true face. We just stared at the screen in silence. Nobody could utter a word. Until we heard others cheering for All Might to win. It swept across the entire hospital in under a few seconds. Everyone was screaming at him to win.

 

Everyone was screaming for his victory, but Deku and I saw underneath all of those smiles. Fear. There was so much fear of having him lose and leaving us all in darkness. We saw other heroes come rushing in to help with escaping civilians for All Might to fight without worry. I then saw it, ‘All for One’ was getting serious. I saw his arm growing with all sorts of bits and metal things attached to add strength. His arm was the size of himself. He looked disgusting. The more of him I saw under the mask, and his use of quirks just sickened me. I looked away at the moment of impact.

 

I looked back to see All Might standing with his arm up in victory. While everyone started cheering for his victory I started crying in misery. Deku, who was conflicted, took one look at my face and knew what I did. This was his last fight. He looked back at the screen to take another look at All Might, to prove to himself that it was a lie. It was then that the news casters ran up to All Might and asked him for a statement. He breathed heavily and it seemed that he was straining himself, but he just pointed to the camera and uttered his last goodbye. “You’re next.” 

It was at that point that Deku and I really broke down. Everyone else thought we were crying from happiness, except the girls. They knew I was sad at this, and could guess why. I knew this was coming, but seeing it myself made it so much worse. These weren't characters in a show. These were real people, and All Might was the best of us. Watching him fall gave me a sinking feeling that things that I changed, may make the future worse than I saw. We all went to our homes after watching the broadcast. 

 

I just stayed in bed. I never made anything to eat, as any food that I did eat would just be tasteless. There was no joy, not tonight. I would be better later, but right now I just wanted to grieve at the loss we all had today. The next day I woke up from my wettened pillow and got dressed. I sighed and got ready to move into the dorms. I turned on the TV in my living room and had the news on. People were still criticizing how the villains are getting out of hand, and that it will just get worse now that All Might is retiring.

 

I got things packed up while listening to it in the background. I then got a knock at the door. I checked the peep hole and saw Aizawa standing outside. I let him in, and he took a seat on my couch. I took a seat on the opposite side and turned off the TV. I started up the conversation. “You don’t have to talk me into the dorms. I’m already packing.” Aizawa was curiously looking around the house and was almost ignoring me. His gaze finally fell on Denki’s parent’s room.

 

He then spoke up after taking a breath. “Are you going to be ok leaving them behind?” I looked at the door, and just got lost staring at it for a bit, before snapping out of it. “I haven’t gone in there since it happened. I guess I’m going to take them with me.” I never did check out the room. I felt wrong doing it for some reason. I didn’t know if it was Denki’s grief, or my own invasion of privacy for Denki’s soul still residing with me. Aizawa just stared at me for a bit before talking again.

 

“Do you think your parents would agree with this?” I thought for a moment and tried to feel Denki buried in my soul to ask what he thought. The only thing I got was a feeling of happiness. “I think they would agree. Things are getting dangerous, and living on school grounds does seem like the safest option.” I nodded at my conjecture while Aizawa was squinting at me. He then spoke one last question. “Well you only have so much space. What are you going to take to remember them?” He kept looking at me to try and read my expressions.

 

I looked at the door, but felt that same feeling of trying to go inside again. I frowned and sighed. “I don’t know. I will take some time today to actually go inside and find the right things. I may want to put the rest in a storage locker somewhere.”

Aizawa nodded while standing up from the couch. I did the same, and he left with some parting words. “Everything needs to be ready to move in 2 days. Leave anything you want the movers to take to your dorm room near the entrance. That should give you enough time to get everything ready for the move.” He opened the door to leave, but looked back into my house, and specifically Denki’s parent’s room. He then shook his head and left without another word. 

 

I closed the door behind him, and looked towards the door again. I finished packing everything I wanted to go with me to the dorms. It was mostly clothing, music, and games. I had a few boards that I brought, and other random trinkets that part of me wanted to keep. I abided by that part, but I felt like I could also bring more if I wanted. I took a breath, and walked out of my room with the last box I wanted to take. I then looked back to the parents room. I knew I would have to do this eventually, but I still was a little nervous opening this door.

 

After a bit, I calmed myself down, took a deep breath, and turned the handle on the door. I opened it up, and a smell of incense rushed through my nostrils. They gave a calming feeling that helped me feel at peace. I walked into the room and turned on the light. The overhead light to the room switched on, and bathed the room in an orange glow. I looked around to see a large Queen or King sized bed neatly made, two identical dressers on opposite sides of the bed and from each other. I looked at the part of the room that had music all around.

 

I went over and started looking through everything that caught my eye. I eventually found a guitar under the half of the bed that I assumed my mother had. ‘This was her guitar.’ I opened up the case, and looked at it in all of its glory. It was deep blood red with accents of white. The patterns of white that traveled all the way through the neck and wrapped themselves around the turners. It seemed to glow this deep red almost the same as my right eye or left arm. I strummed a few chords in a trance. The way that the guitar sounded was nostalgic, yet at the same time new to me. 

 

I had a feeling of playing a song from a movie of my childhood that matched the thoughts of this guitar. I strummed the opening chords of ‘The Muppets. I’m going to go back there someday.’ I started singing while strumming the song softly. Singing the song caused me to tear up. I felt like I could feel Denki inside me start crying as well, hearing a calming song with this guitar that he was familiar with, but I was hearing for the first time. “Truly old friends that just met.” I said, wiping a tear or two from my eyes. 

 

I chuckled while holding this piece of my mother I never knew, yet I felt close to. I carefully put the guitar back into its case and held it close. I took a deep breath and moved the guitar outside the room to take with me personally to my dorm room. I then walked back into their room. I got more boxes and started packing all of their clothes, I wasn’t sure whether I should donate them, or keep them myself. I eventually found clothes that I would want to keep for myself that my dad used to own. 

 

Most of them were jackets and coats that I was just a little too small to fit most of them. I kept them for the future, but one thing caught my eye. I found it behind my fathers clothes. It was in a small lock box I had to melt open without a key. I took it away from the sink in case it caught on fire and put it on my counter top in the kitchen. I opened the box and looked inside. It was a strange looking watch.

 

It looked mostly clockwork and devoid of as many electrical components as possible, or at least that's what it felt like. Trying to feel the electricity inside it was almost impossible. It was also built very sturdy, like I could smash it with a hammer and it probably wouldn’t have a scratch. It was completely black except the hands that were deep crimson. Looking at it just made me feel like I was missing something. I looked in the box again, but this was all that was in here. “Why lock this up?” 

 

I put it on my left wrist in curiosity and felt it pinch as it did. I noticed that I was bleeding a little. It managed to make me bleed through my bandaged wrist. I sighed and felt it on my wrist. It felt cool, even through the bandages it almost felt like I had a piece of ice on my wrist. It made me smile, this way I wouldn’t have to worry about it overheating with my arm the way it was. I started to put power in my arm to test the watch's heat convection. My arm started to alight from underneath the bandages, and I could see steam emanating off of my arm. I felt the watch still cool to the touch and smiled. “But why have this? This seems almost made for me, but I didn’t come up with these ideas until after their death.” I frowned at the unanswered questions.

 

I decided to keep the watch on me, and look at the rest of the room for anything else I wanted to keep from them. I wanted to keep any trinket they may have had, so I just put all of my mothers music, headphones, and speakers in boxes to be sent with me. She also had some eye patches that I thought about wearing, but I felt that would be going overboard. I kept them regardless, they were my mother’s and I may have some use for blocking out my eye in the future. After all of that was done I went to my fathers portion of the room

I looked around, but there were few things to find. His clothes were nice, and I found a nice fedora. It was black with a dark red trim at the base. ‘I think I could pull it off, but only if I was already in a tuxedo or…’ I paused at my thoughts. “Don’t think about it, or you’ll jinx it.” I said as I shook my head. I kept the fedora for when I may need to dress up in the future. I looked around for anything else, until I opened up what I thought was a closet or a wardrobe. It turned out to be their memorial. I looked at each photo of my parents.

 

Tears started to fall just seeing their images. I felt overwhelming grief at never seeing them again. I felt like I had them with me my whole life, but I never knew them personally. It was a very strange feeling again, but one that I didn’t try to fight. I felt like I needed to do this. I had to properly grieve for the loss of Denki’s parents. I took the photographs of them both and looked at them more properly. My mother had dirty blonde hair with bangs that covered half of her face. She was stylish and looked happy in each one. Looking at her reminded me of Mina, and her happy outgoing personality.

 

I then took a look at my father. He looked normal, like very normal. I felt like I was looking at an adult version of Ojiro minus the tail and his hair being dark. I looked at his ordinary face next to my mom. He had a weak smile, almost that he was trying to stop himself from showing affection, but was ultimately failing. Seeing this reminded me of Kyoka. I started chuckling at the idea of me falling in love with people that resembled Denki’s parents. “Maybe I do need to see counselling.” I said while placing the photos outside the room for me to keep. 

 

I finished packing up the room of the rest of their things. I looked around and saw everything in boxes. I didn’t really want to give anything away yet, so I had everything moved to storage the next day. I moved a day earlier than the rest of the class, because I was ready, and the fact that Toga was having a hard time living with herself in the dorms. I got everything unpacked in my dorm room just as I heard knocking at my door.

This is my favorite version of 'I'm going to go back there someday'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoiiKWJMos 

88