Chapter 121. Relationships
2.4k 11 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I let everyone talk with ‘Power Loader’, and Hatsume, to change some of their costume designs while I just waited in the hall. I didn’t want Hatsume to try and get my watch forcefully and accidentally change something bad. I just sat in the hallway, waiting for everyone else to be finished so we can all go back to the dorms together. While checking my watch, I got a glimpse of something moving down the hallway from the corner of my vision. I looked up to see ‘Midnight’ coming down the hallway.

At first I was scared she may try to pull something, but after taking a closer look I noticed she seemed… Distant. She walked closer to me, and I could tell I wasn’t on her radar at all. She seemed to be off in her own mind, while humming something under her breath. She walked past me, and continued on her way. I just stared at her walking away with confusion. ‘She is acting strange. I’m glad she is not attacking me, but…’

 

It was then that I was shaken out of my thought process. “You know she is like twice your age right?” I jumped in surprise at the sudden realization of somebody right behind me. I looked to see Uraraka was looking at me disgruntled. I shook my head fervently. “No, I’m not looking at her like that! She just seemed off. Did you not notice?” She raised an eyebrow of distrust as she continued to stare me down. She then thought for a second, and slowly nodded her head in agreement. “I guess she did seem a little out of the norm.”

 

She then squinted at me while crossing her arms. “But that better be all you were thinking. Otherwise I’m gonna have to tell Ashido about your lingering gaze.” She wanted to scare me, but all I could do was smile at her. That seemed to confuse Uraraka, and her face turned from threatening to puzzled. “Mina has great friends.” Was all I said with a big smile on my face for how close the class was coming together. Uraraka seemed to be a little bitter at how I just ignored her threat, but just rolled her eyes and sat beside me.

 

I was a bit confused why she was sitting here instead of going to get her costume altered, or just be close to Deku. However, my questions were soon answered by Uraraka herself. “Is it ok to date someone in the class?” ‘Is she wondering if it’s ok to date Deku? I remember in the show she just held her feelings to let Deku grow in school.’ I looked at her, but she was just looking down at her hands in her lap, and her bangs were covering her eyes. I nodded while thinking of an answer for her.

 

“Should I be the one to talk about this? I already have someone. I’m biased to say the least.” ‘More than that if you count the other two I belong to’ She kept staring at the ground as her hands moved about while trying to rethink the question. After some time she opened her mouth and spoke quietly. “Can you really focus on becoming a strong hero, and date at the same time?” I nodded in understanding of her real question at this point.

 

I leaned back on the bench and looked up at the ceiling while talking. “Well, you can’t be training and dating at the same time, so no.” She nodded slowly at having her own thoughts corroborated. But I chuckled and continued on with my speech.

 

“But I don’t think that means that a hero can’t date. Mina and I know that sometimes we can’t be together because of what we do. We still are together because we love each other enough to look past that. Getting to the top requires a lot of effort, and constant striving. But everyone needs to take a break sometime. When I am with Mina, I can just be relaxed. I can take a break from the training, and just be together with someone I love. Everybody needs to take breaks. Who says you can’t take breaks together, and enjoy more of your time with each other? Yes, you can’t train and date at the same time, but just acknowledging the fact that you two are in love, and want to spend whatever free time you have together doesn’t sound wrong to me.”

 

I finished my thoughts on her problem, and when I did I looked back down to see Uraraka having a slightly reddened face while she was smirking. She got up, walked to the door, held the handle in her hand, and just froze like that. I chuckled at what she was doing, and got up off the bench to walk over to her. Once I reached her, she just stared at me with pleading eyes for help. I smiled calmly, and nodded. “Uraraka, you should probably wait for a more personal time. Also, try to understand that if you do start a relationship, it can only be as big as the pot allows.” She looked at me confused at that last part. I smiled and explained myself.

 

“Relationships and love are like plants. They grow over time, and with proper care they bloom. However, they can only be as big as the pot of our lives allow. If you try to cram a relationship of constant dates, and gifts but Deku can’t keep up, then the relationship dies. You have to remember that, even if you are in a relationship with him, it can only be small at the moment. Once your lives get more open, and your pots expand, the relationship can expand with them.” Her face turned scarlet and her eyes were darting everywhere. She stammered, never quite actually saying anything. 

 

I laughed at her reaction. I laughed so hard I had to hold my stomach, and crouch down to keep myself standing. This just made her reaction because of that even funnier to me, and the cycle repeated. Due to my loud laughter, everyone in the support division came out to see what was happening. I tried to reign my laughter back in, but seeing Uraraka mad and embarrassed made me stop even trying. After some time I eventually stopped after my face started hurting from smiling too much. I just looked at Uraraka and everyone else that was around. “Uraraka, I’ll try to help you out, but even I, being as stupid as I am, can see it.”

 

After hearing that, all of the girls just stared at the blushing Uraraka and started to smile and smirk as well. I enjoyed this bit of happiness, and hoped that Uraraka and Deku could make it. ‘I really want to be a best man!’

83