Chapter-02
236 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gazed down upon an enormous expanse of rock, spotting a familiar figure: it was me. I saw myself kneeling, my hands placed on the ground. A loud rumble sounding through the valley of stone, several pillars of steaming water sprouted from the ground. The rocks split apart, revealing veins of water leading from my body to the geysers. As I moved to get closer, I felt my body get dragged back as I jolted awake, sweating profusely.

“What was that?”

As I wiped the sweat from my brow, I reached over to the dresser and checked the time on my phone. Seeing that it was 6 am, I went for a morning run and to find a spot to practice my quirk.

After about thirty minutes of running, I found a secluded spot to test out my new theory on how I could improve my quirk.

I stretched out my right arm, using my other hand to hold it steady.

“Think of the fire hydrant, think of the fire hydrant.”

Chanting repeatedly, I pushed the moisture throughout my body and into my arm until a high-pressure jet stream of water burst from my arm. As it shot into the ground, it left a massive hole.

“Hahaha, I DID IT I DID IT!!”

I had done it. ‘I upgraded my quirk from a water pistol to a super soaker over two days. I might just be able to pass the entrance exams in 3 weeks. All I need to do is train how fast I could shoot but before that, I need to figure out my money situation.’ Because I couldn’t exactly live off sink water for 3 weeks. So I went around the city doing as many odd jobs as I could. Working on my quirk. Specifically, I tried to regulate the temperature of the water I produced. And after 2 weeks of experimentation, I got to boiling level the only downside being I burnt myself when I used. Another thing I worked on was how much I could use my quirk before I dried out.

Also, I perfected a pressure finger gun that shot a small highly pressurized spike of water at the target with these new skills. I could finally pose an actual pose offensive threat against villains with these newfound skills the day of the UA entrance ceremony arrived.

I approached the large archways of UA high school and stopped to sike myself up. 

“It’s time to start your journey to becoming a hero. All you have to do is go in and beat up some robots.”

As I mumbled to myself, I felt a tug on my sleeve and turned to see a familiar face.

“What are you mumbling to yourself?”

Swiftly turning, I saw the violet hair of my neighbor, Hanna.

“Oh me, nothing important, but anyway are you here to take the exam?”

“Yeah, my dad was adamant about me attending the UA hero course, just like he did. But we better hurry inside before we are late.”

Hanna walks towards the entrance with me just slightly behind her until we reach a door with the sign ‘U.A. High School Hero Course Exam Orientation.’ next to it. We walk inside, revealing a large auditorium with rows of seats, a large stage, and screens with the UA logo on the wall. I and Hanna find some seats just in time as the lights on the stage turn on and rock music plays.

“What’s up UA candidates? Thanks for tuning in to me, your school DJ C’mon. And Lemme hear ya!”

As silence falls over the hall I began looking for students, I could recognize from the anime I saw Tenya Ida sitting a few rows down from me I also saw Deku and Bakugou sitting next to each other but before I could find anyone else Present Mic started speaking again

‘Keeping it mellow, huh? That’s fine. I’ll skip straight to the main show. Let’s talk about how this practice exam is going to go down, okay? Are you ready? Yeah!”

I fall asleep as he explains information I already know until we finally get to the scene where Ida asks about the sheet. With my sleep interrupted, I zone out until we can make our way to our assigned battle center.

When I made it to battle center C, I noticed I didn’t see any of the students from classes 1-a or 1-b. ‘That’s weird but no time to think about that now, time to put on your game face Mizu.’

The large gate flies open “Let’s do this!” I shout as the examinees sprint through the entrance to fight the villain bots. I ignore the first villain bots running farther into the course as long as I help anyone I can to get rescue points combined with the bots I take down myself I should be able to pass. As I’m running, a 1 point bot burst out from a nearby wall.

“Let’s see what this puppy can do.”

I raise my arm, sending a stream of water crushing its chest, electrical sparks emanating from its wound before it collapses.

“That was easier than I thought.”

I continue the process of slowly eliminating bots collecting 45 points. I also helped a few of the other examinees so I should have some rescue points as well. All that’s left is the activation of the 0 point bot if I defeat that I should have a sure pass into UA.

After a few more minutes the critical moment happened I could hear the loud rumble of the villain activating and the screams of the other examinees ‘It’s time to prove myself to the examiners’ I run through the building finally making it the villain to see several of the examinees running in terror I turn to face to Gargantuan villain only to find myself unable to move ‘Why can’t I move? Why am I afraid I already knew this was going to happen?’ The terrifying truth that I was only a high school student even in my last life had finally caught up with me. My weeks of training did not prepare me for this. Standing there, frozen and quaking in fear, I could hear a voice call out to me.

“MIZU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING THERE MOVE!!”

`Was that Hanna what is she going to do against that thing?”

Still frozen, I saw Hanna sprint past me and towards the villain as it swung its massive fist as she dodged out of the way the bot’s hand lodging itself in a building Hanna quickly turned back and placed her hand on the bot, a violet color spreading from her hand and covering the bots arm.

Hanna jumped back, and the bot’s hand changed from dark green to bright violet. The bot finally unstuck its arm from the wall as Hanna smirked suddenly the colored portion of the bot’s arm ripped from the rest of the bot’s mechanical body moved to float behind Hanna.

“Let’s do this, Wall-E.” Hanna threw a massive right hook with the robotic arm above her, copying her movements and slamming into the head of the bot, its face crumbling under the force of the hit and as its body fell to the ground with a loud crash. The only thing that could escape my lips was.

‘I’m a coward.”

11