Chapter 2
465 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I blinked. Something felt off. Something felt different. I struggled to lift myself up. My vision blurred. Tubes and cords along with wires surrounded me. I realized I was laying in a small bed. One unfamiliar to me. 

I expected to wake up in my bedroom like every other day but I was confused. My mind felt muddy and slow. I heard a soft beeping noise going off near me, the hum of an industrial AC unit blurring my senses further. I tried to speak, to call out for help, anything but my throat felt like sand paper and the only sound I was able to make was a soft groan. I turned my head to look around. I realized I was in some kind of hospital from the look of the equipment in the room. It was dark but I could see a figure wrapped in a blanket asleep in a chair beside my bed. 

I tried moving again and this time I managed to move my arm, everything felt strange. The sleeping figure beside me started to stir, they're eyes opened and looked at me. The figure jumped up letting the blanket fall off of them. It was Mia. Before I knew it she was rushing over to me sobbing. She wrapped me in a tight hug, squeezing me gently causing me to let out a raspy little yelp. "You're alive.. Oh my God your alive." She continued sobbing, her tears dripping onto my face. 

"M..Mia? W..what happened? Why do I sound so weird why can't I move?" I asked her, panicking slightly at the sound of my voice. "Shh just rest it's okay now, you're safe, you're alive. That's what's important." Her eyes started watering again as she spoke. 

"I'm never going to let anything hurt you ever again. I can't.. I can't lose you!" She started sobbing again before collecting herself. "I'm sorry baby.. I know you're probably very confused and stressed.. They.. They did something... But you're alive! They saved you. Just.. Just get some rest okay? I'll be right here I promise." 

I nodded slightly, now even more confused than I was before. Mia Sat back down in her chair, holding my hand close to hers and rubbing her fingers gently against me. I started to relax and drifted off into dreamless sleep once more. 

I was awoken again by the sound of muffled voices. A bright light was shining down on me. "Ah let's see, yes vitals are normal, her bloodwork looks good. Ahhh she seems perfectly healthy. The transfer was a success." Her? Was I sharing a room with another patient? Why were all these people standing over me? 

"It seems she'll be able to check out tomorrow morning if everything goes smoothly, Mrs Mia Belle. Now as you know she'll need time to adjust to her new body. Someone will need to be close by as her body will be very weak for the first couple days. Do you understand Mrs Belle?"  Mrs Belle? They were talking to Mia? Confusion overtook my brain and I tried to sit up and actually managed to this time, a strange weight on my chest caused me to be feel more confused. 

"W..what's going on..?" I asked softly in my strange voice. "Ah look she's awake!" The muffled doctor quickly moved over to me and looked me over once then twice as if I was some kind of masterpiece made by an artist. 

"Why do you keep referring to me as a she? I don't understand why am I here?" I asked the Doctor, her metal operating mask distorting her voice as she answered me. 

"This may come as a shock to you so I ask that you try and remain calm.. You were in a horrible accident two and a half days ago. The subway station collapsed, your body suffered fatal injuries, we had no choice but to elect for an experimental program and unfortunately we only had one cloned body available and as urgent as your situation was we did not have time or the necessary biochemical products to clone your old body as a replacement. I'm sorry if this is upsetting to you but.." 

The doctor took on a hushed sympathetic tone. "The only cloned body we had available.. Was of the scientists daughter who created this program." 

My mouth dropped open in shock. I had a different body? And she said daughter? My breathing started to grow faster as I begin to panic, Mia quickly hurried to my side and held my hand, smiling down at me with a worried look. "Shh it's okay, calm down I'm right here." She whispered. I took a few slow deep breathes and begin to calm down. That is until the doctor motioned for one of the nurses to wheel in a large mirror. Mia and the doctor helped me sit up, my legs hanging off the side of the bed. In my reflection staring back at me even with her bed razzled hair and exhausted look was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. She had long black hair, soft delicate features, bright blue eyes, pale skin that looked so fair it was like this woman had never seen a day of sunlight. I was now a small petite brunette with a slightly curvy body and C cup breasts. I looked even shorter than my old body was. I used to be 5'7 but now I looked to be around 5 foot 5. 

My mouth fell open in shock and I shamefully started crying right in front of my girlfriend and all the medical professionals in the room. Mia quickly pushed the mirror out of the way and wrapped me up into a tight hug, holding me in her arms. "Baby it's okay.. You're alive.. That's.." She sniffled "That's all that matters is your alive." I started sobbing harder, her words not helping much. 

"I'm.. I'm a girl... How are we going to stay together.. I.. I didn't want this! You should have let me die!" I selfishly screamed through my sobbing fit. Mia flinched slightly at my words but held me closer still, running her hands through my hair trying to calm me down. 

"Well figure it out sweetie.. Please calm down I'm not leaving you, I'll be by your side till the end I promise." She whispered softly to me. After a few minutes I stopped sobbing but continued to cry softly and quietly into Mia's shoulder. 

Mia begin digging through her jacket pocket and to my surprise she held the engagement ring I had planned to give her in the palm of her hand. 

"I.. I know I ruined the surprise but.. They gave me your belongings you had on you.. And I just want you to know.." She started sniffling as tears begin to run down from the corners of her eyes. "I would've said yes then.. And I'd say yes now, I don't care what you look like." 

And with that she closed her eyes and to my surprise kissed me deeply and passionately. I closed my eyes and happiness flooded my emotions as the woman I loved kissed me right there on the hospital bed in front of all the bewildered medical staff. 

12