Chapter 3
442 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the third time I awoke again laying in a hospital bed. I tried to get up but my body just felt so weak and exhausted. I whined softly and Mia was by my side helping me sit up and placing several pillows behind my back. "How are you feeling?" She asked me with a worried expression. 

"Fine.. I guess just really tired." I replied in a small hushed voice. At that moment my stomach let out an angry growl which Mia giggled at. "tired and hungry?" She asked. "Mhm" I said closing my eyes and resting once more. "I'll go get you something to eat.. As well as an outfit. Your old clothes are kind of covered in blood.." She shuddered at the thought then eyed me up and down. "I doubt they'd fit you anymore anyways so I'll need to get you something to wear home." 

That made me open my eyes, I glanced up at her. "Am I going home today?" I asked. She nodded and replied "yes if your vitals check out, Dr.Berman said it would be okay." 

That gave me a bit of hope, as much as this situation sucked at least I wouldn't be stuck in this depressing hospital. I smiled up at Mia and thanked her, she gave me a quick kiss then grabbed her purse and walked out. I decided to get some more rest, I was already feeling incredibly drowsy again. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 


I was getting very tired of waking up to the sound of muffled doctors. "Vitals are good, everything checks out, yes I'd say I can happily sign a release form." I started to sit up, my muscles aching in protest, I felt someone's hand on my back making the process easier. I looked around and saw Mia with a two bags, one with a food chain logo on it and the other from a common clothing chain. 

Standing across from her was who I assumed to be Doctor Berman. She was still wearing that annoying medical mask with the voice modulator. I cleared my throat, annoyed at being woken up and a few many other things. 

"Can you please take the fucking storm trooper mask off. It's very annoying and hard to understand." I glared at her for a moment before she pressed a button on the side of the mask and the lower portion collapsed until it was just below her chin. She gave me a very irritated look but as Profesionals usually do didn't say what was on her mind. "Do you have any questions before we release you?" She asked me in a very irritated tone. 

"Um yes? Of course I do? Did you really think I wouldn't?" I said growing agitated at this Doctor. She glanced back at Mia before looking at me and smiling. "Well I see that her hormones are working just fine, that's a good sign." I glared at her trying my best not to cry. This crude woman had just subtly called me Bitchy! What the hell was wrong with her. Even if I was being bitchy I had every right to be in my situation. 

I swallowed and cleared my throat before asking "so when can you fix this?" I said gesturing towards my body. Dr. Berman frowned. "We can't fix it. Once the body transfer is done that's it. Unless you have 2.3 billion dollars sitting in your pocket that is, the government paid for this one because of the accident. Be happy the results are only a sex change and nothing worse, get used to it because that's your body now." I gawked up at her, my eyes flooding with tears. How could she be so blunt and rude. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry and most of all I wanted to curl up in my bed and sleep till this nightmare was over. Hot tears were spilling down my face at this point and Mia rushed over to me then glared at the doctor. "Can we have the release papers please." She asked coldly. The doctor opened a case and handed Mia the papers. 

She pressed the button on her mask, making it retract to its original position over her face then briskly walked out of the room. Mia held me as I cried a bit more then my stomach reminded me that I still hadn't eaten in the three days I had been here, although I was certain I'd been given nutrients in the form of IV as I didn't seem malnourished. But my body wanted what it wanted and right now that was food. 

Soon I was munching on a cold BBQ sandwich with some fries that Mia had been kind enough to get for me. In my old body although I was still small and skinny I would've been able to finish my meal no problem but it seemed this body didn't have as much of an appetite.. Either that or a smaller stomach. 

Regardless I could only finish half my sandwich and a few fries. Mia looked at me with a concerned espression. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart for putting her through so much. I reached over and held her hand, trying not to cry I whispered how sorry I was. 

"I feel so bad..   Putting you through all this.. If I didn't have you I don't know what I would have done.. Thank you Mia.. Thank you for standing by me." She hugged me tightly. "Don't worry about a thing okay.. You would've done the same for me." She said. She stood up and grabbed a bag on the table before pulling out a black tank top and a pair of athletic shorts. "I figured this would be okay for now.. At least until we can buy you a new wardrobe." 

She looked at me as if she was worried I'd be upset over her choice of clothes but I was honestly just grateful I had someone who would do something so nice for me. I smiled up at her. "Thank you baby.. These are perfect, they look really comfy." I laughed a little. She looked relieved to hear that. 

With Mia's help I quickly got dressed. She helped me stand up and it was very hard at first, I almost fell several times but after a few minutes of walking around my muscles seemed to strengthen and I was able to walk fine while leaning against my girlfriend for support. She'd forgotten to buy me a pair of shoes but luckily the hospital had some white sneakers that they gave to long term patients. 

We made our way out of the hospital onto the bustling, busy streets of New York City. I looked up at the large sky broadcast display and happened to see my old face on the news. Great. I was famous now. Just what I needed. Mia called us a Goobur as both of us were now traumatized of the subway and would probably never ride one again. 

A fancy looking black electric hover car with the Goobur logo on the side pulled up and Mia helped me into the back seat. She slide in beside me and when I couldn't put on the seat belt by myself I felt my cheeks flushing hot red from embarrassment. I felt so helpless now I hated it. I stared down at my lap as Mia gave the driver the address. She looked over at me and realized how I must be feeling. She held my hand and whispered "don't worry okay.. You'll get your strength back in a few days. The doctor told me it would be fine." I sighed."I hope so." 

When we finally got dropped off at my apartment I realized Mia had a backpack with her and her laptop was sticking out the top. "Are you staying with me?" I asked confused. She looked at me then laughed. "Of course I am, I wouldn't leave my new girlfriend home all by herself when she's sick and bed ridden." I glared up at her. "I am not sick and bed ridden." I said pouting."Omg you're so cute." 

She giggled and we started walking towards the stairs before I stopped realizing I probably wouldn't be able to walk all the way to the top. I stared at my feet my face burning with embarrassment. Mia stopped as well most likely thinking the same thing I was. "Cmon I'll have to carry you." She grunted a bit then lifted me up, my arms around her shoulders and my legs wrapped around her waist. "Mia.. Please you don't have to do this." I said quietly my face burning and eyes starting to water from humiliation at needing to be carried by my long-term girlfriend. She didn't say anything and we slowly made our way to the top before she gently put me down. "Thanks.." I said looking at the ground. She huffed a little before smiling at me and sticking out her tongue. "No problem, it was a good workout anyways." 

I fiddled with my keys before finding the right one and sliding it into the lock then twisting it. The door opened and we walked inside. Both my roommates happened to be sitting on the couch. Cortez and Jenn. They looked up, confused at first but Jenn jumped up and rushed over to Mia wrapping her in a hug. "Oh my God is this him?" She gestured towards me. Mia nodded and suddenly I was wrapped in the tightest bear hug possible. Jenn was crying, Cortez just looked bewildered before grunting and giving me a small nod turning back to watch the TV as he slurped from a cup of ramen. The fatass as usual didn't seem to really care too much. Suddenly Jenn slapped me hard across the face. "Do you have any idea how worried sick we were!?" I clutched the side of my face and looked up at her. She was huge now compared to my small size. Mia stepped in between us. "Jenn I understand you were worried.. But she just went through a very experimental procedure.. She wasn't even conscious most of the time. She would have died if not for that." 

Jenn's face softened."I'm sorry.. You're right I'm just.. You know how protective I am of him and Cortez." Jenn stepped around Mia and lowered herself so she was eye level with me. She gently rubbed the spot where she had slapped me making it feel slightly better, then she pulled me into a hug. "Please don't scare us like that again okay?" I nodded slightly. Trying not to cry from the overwhelming events from the past few days. 

Mia looked rather angry that Jenn had slapped me but she held her tongue and opted to sit down in the dining nook instead. Jenn held me at arms length and gave my new body a few looks up and down. "so you're a girl now huh, guess I can't really call my best friend a He anymore.. Or Ben for that matter. What are you going by now?" I gulped."I.. Um haven't really thought about that yet." She looked excited after I said that. "Ooohhhh let me pick your new name!!" she practically squealed. I sighed. "Jenn please.. I'm so exhausted can we not do this right now?" She looked somewhat disappointed but seemed to understand. 

"That's fine, go lay down I'll cook dinner for everyone.. I'm assuming Mia will be staying over?" I nodded and looked over at Mia, she quickly got up and let me lean on her. This time thankfully the stairs to my bedroom weren't too much for me and with a little effort and Mia's help I was able to make it to my bedroom. As much as Jenn and Cortez annoyed me sometimes I was grateful to have them, they were the closest thing I had to parents, both of them being several years older than me. They grew up in foster care together and opted to let me stay with them after my parents had died. Being 18 at the time I would've been homeless without them. We kinda just stuck and all decided to live together, over the years we grew really close. Jenn was a bit overbearing but it was all with good intentions, she really loved her little family, Mia included. Mia begin setting up her laptop on an extra desk I had in my room while I slowly walked over to my bed falling face first onto it. I let out an exhausted little sigh which in turn made Mia giggle. "The worst part is pretty much over now babe." She commented. "I'm so tired." I whined. She walked over to me and pulled the covers ontop of me before climbing into bed with me, pulling me close against her. She kissed the back of my head and started to massage my aching muscles. "Get some rest then cutie. I'll wake you up when dinner is ready." I nodded yawning, snuggling up against her. She felt so warm and soft. Her fingers putting my tired new muscles at ease. I slowly drifted off into a very relaxed, peaceful sleep.

12