Chapter 5
522 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up incredibly irritable. I felt Mia still asleep beside me, one of her arms wrapped around my waist. I kind of just layed there staring at the wall for a good thirty minutes before I finally decided to get up. I wiggled out of Mia's arms causing her to yawn and stir a bit then put on the only outfit I had, my black tank and athletic shorts. 

After I was dressed I grabbed a duffle bag and a backpack and begin packing my few belongings. Charger. Phone. Laptop. Couldn't bring my PC it was too big to carry around. I remembered what Jenn had said to me last night and my mood soured more. I don't know what was worse the hungover feeling from drinking so much or the fact that I was being forced to leave my home. 

I scowled and took a few deep breathes trying not to get upset. I set my bags down on my desk chair then opened the door to the bathroom. I did my morning routine then grabbed my toothbrush and hairbrush as well as a stick of deodorant and walked back to my room, placing my hygienic items in my bag. Mia was sitting on the edge of the bed stretching. She gave me an odd look. 

"Why are you packing?" She asked me. I sighed and sat down next to her. "Jenn said I should stay with you for a few days.." She gave me another odd look. "Why did something happen?" She asked me. I shook my head. "I'd rather not talk about it.. And if you don't want me staying with you I'm sure I can find a cheap motel or.." She cut me off. "Don't be ridiculous. Of course you can stay with me." I smiled up at her. "Thanks Mia." I said quietly. She gave me a kiss then got up and started packing the things she brought over. 

Once both of us were ready I grabbed my keys and bags then we made our way downstairs. Jenn was in the kitchen cooking as we walked by and gave me a regretful look. I turned my nose up at her and continued walking towards the door. She didn't say anything or try to stop me. I opened the door and was immediately assaulted by hundreds of clicks and flashes. "Is that him!?" An excited voice said. "Of course it's him! He looks just like the picture the doctor gave us!" Another voice exclaimed. 

I shielded my eyes with my bag as another hundred clicks and flashes blinded me. "W..what?" I said. "Mr.Davis! Mr Davis! How do you feel undergoing the first successful body transplant!?" Another round of clicks and flashes. I was beginning to get very stressed. Mia walked out of the door behind me seemingly just as confused as I was. More flashes and clicks. "Mrs Belle!? Did you really force your boyfriend into doing this? We have eye witness reports that you claimed to be unhappy with his inadequate body!?" Another wave of flashes and clicks. 

Mia scowled, grabbing my hand she pushed her way through the swarm of reporters. More flashes as they begin to follow us down the flight of stairs towards the street. They continued pestering us with obnoxious, bizarre questions that made almost zero sense. "Mr.davis! Is it true that you're suicidal so you sabotaged the train station yourself!? Putting hundreds in danger just for your own sick thrills!?" A rather screetchy reporter asked almost yelling. Mia was beginning to get pissed off and she spun around. "Can you all please Fuck off? Do you not realize how stressful this entire situation has been for us!?" Another hundred clicks and flashes. "Mrs Belle Mrs Belle!!" They started to follow us down the street as we quickened our pace. 

Eventually Mia got tired of dealing with the obnoxious press so she pulled out her phone and ordered a Goobur. Within minutes a large black electric SUV hovered up to the sidewalk. We quickly climbed inside and threw our bags in the back seat. 

The press continuing to take hundreds of photos of us. Mia gave the driver the address and instructed him to get away from the press as quickly as possible. He nodded and got the car out onto the busy streets, losing the press in the crowds and traffic. I managed to buckle myself up this time and did a quiet celebratory dance in my head. Most of my strength had come back to me. 

Mia let out an exasperated sigh and put her hand on my thigh. "You okay?" She asked me softly. I nodded and looked out the window. The press was tripping over street vendor stands and shoving people out of the way trying to catch up to us. I giggled as the woman with the screetchy voice fell over a hotdog stand causing condiments and weiners to fall all over her. She stood up. Her hair was matted in ketchup, relish and mustard. Mia noticed too and burst out laughing. "What's wrong with them? Why are they so interested in us?" I asked Mia. She squeezed my thigh and sighed. "I think they're more so interested in you hun. Give it a few weeks I'm sure they'll get bored soon enough." She smiled at me. 

Soon the Goobur driver was dropping us off at Mia's larger and nicer apartment. I'd always felt bad about staying with her and letting her buy me things. She'd received a very large inheritance from her estranged grandparents over seas after they died. While she wasn't insanely rich, she was very good at budgeting and saving and had enough money to live the rest of her life without ever having to work. I sometimes worried I was just a burden in her life but I tried not to think about that. 

We walked to her front door on the ground floor and had to shoo away a couple junkies strung out on spice. It was this weird drug that started to pop up in the late 2020s. People would fill metal canisters of nuclear waste left over from the trains then heat the canister with a torch, inhaling the vapor like fumes. The damage it did to the body was horrific but the high was so intense and euphoric that once people got hooked they didn't care. It was sad but the average life span of a spice addict was about two years maximum although most only lived for about six months before the effects of inhaling literal radiated chemicals caused their nervous system to shut down and organ failure. 

Mia pushed open the door and clapped her hands. "Alexi I'm home! Start dinner and enable mood lighting please!" The ceiling glowed a dim purple and the AI that came with most newer homes and apartments sprung to life. "Yes Mrs Belle." It responded in a Russian accent. All the lamps and lights In Mia's apartment lit up with relaxing purple and soft pink lighting. The vents begin to pump out artificial 'fresh air' and a large dome shaped bot zoomed past us towards the kitchen. Metal arms banging pans and chopping vegetables, beginning to prepare a meal. 

Mia laughed and pat the dome shaped bot on the head which it responded to with several beeps and noises. "So do you want to talk about what happened with Jenn or should we do something more entertaining?" She winked at me and snapped her fingers making the bot open to reveal a mini fridge inside that contained several chilled bottles of wine. "That." I said smiling and pointing towards the wine. She smiled back at me and replied "thought so." 

The bot swiveled around uncorking one bottle and pouring half its contents into two large wine glasses. Mia picked up a glass, handed it to me then picked up hers and led me to the entertainment room where a large 80 inch TV was stretched across the wall. She clapped and the TV came on revealing a selection of streaming services. Mia picked one and put on a movie then lowered the volume so we could talk. 

She took a few sips of wine before draining the glass and I followed suite. It tasted good, like sweet berries with only a hint of bitterness. Mia pushed me onto the couch pinning me beneath her as I let out a small squeak. She pushed my hair our of my face and slowly begin to leave little kisses up and down my neck. I moaned softly and she grinned, a predatory look in her eyes. "God you're so cute." She commented making me blush. 

I squirmed a little as she grabbed my wrists placing them above my head and holding me down more than I already was. She leaned forward and begin to kiss me passionately, each kiss and flick of her tongue against mine causing me to moan softly. When she pulled away I let out a small whimper. The look on her face was priceless. "You sure are needy huh?" My face flushed red at her comment. "N..no you're just making me.." I started to say. She interrupted by leaning down and blowing softly into my ear causing me to shiver from head to Toe. "Making you what?" She giggled. I let out a frustrated groan. "You know what you're doing!" I pouted looking into her eyes. She giggled some more before releasing my wrists and pulling me onto her lap. "Yes I do." She said smugly. She picked up the remote and turned the volume up, seeming very interested in the movie now. I groaned internally and squirmed in her lap causing her to grip me tighter and pull me closer. She was such a tease! I sighed trying to focus on the movie and make myself less flustered. It definitely wasn't working. I rolled my eyes. Tonight was going to be a very long night. 

14