Lady of Wrath and Sorrow Part 1
36 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had received reports on suspicious activities happening on one of the lesser islands belonging to the university. There were ships being seen going to and fro on the supposedly empty island, so the university decided to send a group to explore the island and see what was going on. Since the island wasn't being used for anything, it was practically abandoned so we had to prepare survival gear to stay the night there.

On the second day we explored the island a bit more to discover an old laboratory, It wasn't a surprise as we were informed about it before hand. The problem was it looked like someone had been in there recently as there were traces of someone living there for a while. When we entered, we saw the lab had been renovated into some sort of lair for what could only be described as a cult. There were many ritualistic instruments everywhere as well as the same poem written repeatedly on the walls.

She awakens, the lady of sorrow,
Born from the misery of broken souls,
Born from the guilt of broken bonds,
And born to grieve those we've lost.
She awakens, the lady of wrath,
Angered by the senseless loss,
Angered by the unfair world,

And born to punish those who sin.

By then we were starting to feel creeped out by the place as well as starting to fell a bit down and depressed so we decided to cut the trip short and reported back to university to show them our findings. The professors got worried as we were apparently affected by a magic to make people depressed and sad, though only to a very slight degree. They ended up deciding to quarantine the area and investigate further.

4