Chapter 66 – Talk
2.2k 17 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to the changing seasons, many people were getting the blues.

Spring was slowly arriving, while leaving winter in the dust.

It was almost time for the lighter uniforms to be used, instead of the heavily stacked winter uniforms.

As the trees began to regain their color and vibrancy, the gloomy mood that surrounded Takei didn't.

I'm really not a morning person.

Takei stretched and yawned as he inevitably went to school.

By default, Takei was never ever a morning person.

It's just that sometimes he's forced to wake up early, which results in a gloomy mood surrounding him due to him being incredibly tired.

Entering through the front entrance, Takei tiredly put on his indoor shoes and began to head towards his classroom.

That was, until a certain someone stopped him in his tracks.

"Takeichi! Yahoo!"

Before he could escape, Helena had grabbed his shoulders and rooted him in place.

"Hey, why are you trying to run away from me?"

"No reason."

Takei immediately replied to her question with a curt response.

In retaliation, Helena wrapped her hands around Takei's shoulders and leaned towards his ears.

Breathing in them slightly, Helena began to whisper something into his ear.

"Meet me at lunch. Don't worry, I'll get Akarin's approval~"

A sense of foreboding washed over Takei as he worried what would happen as a result of this meeting.

He looked at Helena's eyes, and immediately backed down after seeing the intense fire in her eyes.

This is going to be problematic, isn't it?

***

As the lunch bell rang, Takei had to practically drag himself out of his chair.

He had been dreading this moment the whole day, since he had a feeling that something troublesome was going to happen.

Nonetheless, he had to go since even Akari encouraged him to go via an earlier text sent to him explaining the details.

Apparently, Helena was interested in him so she proposed an information exchange between them in order to deepen their friendship.

Not wanting to refuse her good intentions, Akari and Takei could do nothing but oblige.

As he stood up from his chair, Rikka seemed to be interested in what he was doing today.

"Are you doing anything special today?"

"Ah, I'm just going to the cafeteria today."

Takei truly wasn't doing anything special today, so he just told her the truth.

However, a woman's intuition was able to sniff out the true purpose of his visit to the cafeteria.

"You're going to meet up with some girls, aren't you?"

Instantly, Takei froze in place as he reeled back from her too accurate theory.

"I'm coming."

Without giving Takei a choice, Rikka declared her presence in the forthcoming event.

He knew it was utter foolishness to argue against her attendance, so Takei just gave up before the dispute even started.

"Fine, let's get going."

At a decent pace, Takei and Rikka made their way to the cafeteria.

Passing through the hallways filled with students, the two eventually stumbled upon the most crowded area in the school.

The cafeteria was usually a place that Takei disliked going to, since it was heavily populated at all times.

Even when it wasn't filled with hungry students, the place doubled as a study center.

That meant that throughout all times of the day, the cafeteria was definitely going to be a busy place.

Walking through the sliding doors, Takei and Rikka scanned the area for the supposed meeting place.

Luckily, Takei managed to spot the meeting place instantly.

It was most likely due to the golden locks of greatness that he saw in the corner of his eyes.

He nudged Rikka to follow him and arrived at the table after a few moments of walking.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

Takei apologized for his tardiness as he observed the two other people at the table.

It looked like Akari and Helena had been here for a while as evident by their half eaten lunches.

"I brought Rikka along since she was interested as well. I hope that's okay?"

Since Rikka had asked on such short notice, he hadn't been able to ask them for permission.

Therefore, he needed to make his amends as swiftly as possible.

"I'm really sorry, but I hope she can join us as well."

Takei bowed and made sure that they saw him sincerely apologizing.

"Well, it's not really a problem..."

"Yup yup, it's fine~"

Both Akari and Helena seemed fine with letting Rikka join, so the meeting finally commenced.

"The first order of business... What's Takeichi's preferences in a girl?"

"I'm leaving..."

"No~"

Annoyed by the first order of business, Takei tried to leave until his arm was held back by the unsuspectingly strong Helena.

Realizing that he wouldn't be able to leave so easily, Takei sat down and endured the torture that awaited him.

He didn't want to be too specific about what he liked in a girl, so Takei went with a bland and safe answer.

"Someone who can cook."

As a result of Takei's answer, Akari's expressions brightened up immensely.

On the other hand, Rikka's expression darkened since she couldn't cook for the life of her.

"Tch, of course it's a safe answer."

Helena didn't look too pleased with his answer, but it would suffice for now.

"Next up, let's ask Akarin something." Helena grinned mischievously. "What would be the best confession scenario for you?"

Akari blushed faintly and began to fidget around as the spotlight of the conversation was turned to her.

Nevertheless, she began to answer the question as the feverish pink spread all over her face.

"A romantic atmosphere where it's only two of us and both of our feelings are laid bare..."

"..."

Needless to say, the whole table was stunned at such an idealistic romantic confession.

Noted.

Takei would not let her dreams go to waste.

"Ahem, that was a bit too dreamy for me, but I digress." Helena chuckled. "Rikkachi's next~"

Helena let the tension build up, and then announced the next question.

"What is your ideal man?"

Just like Akari, Rikka began to fidget immensely as a vermillion red spread across her face.

"Someone who is always reliable, yet humble at the same time. I like people who always do their best even when the situation is turned against them."

Akari stiffened up after hearing Rikka's answer, but Takei remained oblivious as to who she was talking about.

He seems like a great guy, I hope Rikka will be happy with him in the future.

Seeing the contrasting nature between Akari's reaction and Takei's reaction, Helena could only sigh.

"Akarin... you've fallen for a hopeless guy."

---

Akari's Final Affection Meter: 15 -> 18%

She was very happy, since she met Takei's requirement for his ideal girl.

Sugar-san: Goodbye, Serious-san. It's been good working with you.

Serious-san: No... I'll return! I promise!

47