Chapter 95 – Rain, Rain, Go Away!
1.6k 27 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, I think it's going to rain today."

Takei looked out of his living room window and noticed that the clouds were beginning to change to a darker grey color rather than their normal milky white shade.

"There's no ingredients left to make dinner..."

Akari sat down next to Takei on the couch and revealed the depressing news.

They hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while due to the hectic events that have been happening.

"Hmm..."

Takei racked his brain for possible solutions for their troublesome predicament.

We can go grocery shopping right now, but the chance of rain is too high. There's going to be a very high probability that we'll get drenched as a result...

Currently, Takei was stuck on what to do.

He didn't wish for Akari to get sick from the rain, so Takei was trying to think of the safest possible answer to his problem.

While he was thinking hard about a possible solution, the other person that lived in the household was staring at him fixedly.

"Why don't you just hurry then? You could probably make it back in time before the rain starts if you jog a bit."

Airi was lazing around on the couch reading manga on her phone, until she heard about the current situation.

She proposed that Takei quickly head to the supermarket and run back before the rain started pouring.

"That's sensible, but..."

However, Akari was hesitant to let Takei do that strenuous task by himself.

Even though it was just getting groceries from the grocery store, there would be a large chance of Takei being drenched as a result.

Weighing the options in his head, Takei decided that he should be the only one who gets wet in the worst case scenario.

"It's okay, I'll go get the groceries and be back before the downpour. I'll be fine."

Although Akari was not entirely convinced, she sensed that Takei was unwilling to change his mind.

"Take an umbrella at least, and be safe... okay?"

Handing him an umbrella, Akari caressed the back of her hand against Takei's cheek.

"I'll be back soon, don't you worry about a thing."

Takei placed his hand on Akari's head and slightly ruffled her hair, making sure not to mess up the beauty that she worked so hard for.

Once Akari's expression had loosened up a bit, Takei bid his farewells and left to embark on a journey to the local supermarket.

***

"She's going to be mad at me..."

Takei sighed as he looked at his messy appearance.

Even though Takei was able to get the groceries, he wasn't able to stay dry in the process.

It surprisingly wasn't even his fault.

Takei had seen that a little girl and her mother were stuck outside without an umbrella while he was heading home with the groceries, so he offered them his umbrella.

At first, the mother politely denied his help because she felt bad about taking his umbrella.

However, Takei's persistence won out in the end after he had forced the umbrella into her.

Now without the umbrella to guard him from the rain, he sprinted home as fast as possible while making sure the groceries stayed intact.

After a few minutes of running, Takei finally reached his house.

He slowly opened the door and tried his best to creep inside without anyone noticing.

"Welcome ba-?!"

Akari suddenly appeared in the hallway and welcomed him home until she saw the state of his clothes.

"What happened?!"

Frantically approaching him, Akari looked extremely worried about his condition and why this had happened.

Takei quickly briefed her on how this situation came to be, which resulted in Akari facepalming at him.

"You never change, do you?"

Recalling that he had done the same thing for her, Akari couldn't get mad at Takei for doing the right thing.

"I'll take these off your hands for you. Right now, you need to hop in the bath right away or you're going to get sick just like last time."

Heeding the goddess's advice, Takei unstripped himself and filled the bathtub up with warm water.

Once the bathtub was filled up with warm water all the way, Takei excitedly hopped in.

The feeling of the warm water relieving all the stress and tension in his body was unrivalled to anything else he had ever experienced.

It was pure bliss to feel his hard work be recognized and to feel the fatigue wash away.

Leaning his head on the bathtub railing, Takei continued to relish in the pleasurable feeling that the bath was able to give him.

Well, he was having a good time until the door to the bathroom opened without warning.

"A-Akari?!"

Entering the bathroom was none other than the goddess in her school swimming uniform.

She was wearing the standard issue navy blue one piece bathing suit that all the girls wore for swimming during physical education.

Although it was mild and tame for its appearance, Akari's bold figure made sure that the swimsuit had a normally unimaginable amount of allure.

"I feel bad about making you get drenched just for groceries, so I'll wash your back..."

"It's not your fault, w-w-wait... Hold on!"

Takei tried to insist that Akari had no fault in the problem, but she ignored him and continued her pursuit.

Knowing that there was no way to stop her, Takei gave up and prayed that his psyche wouldn't be destroyed as a result.

"Please go easy on me..."

---

Idiot Couple Meter: 16 -> 20%

R.I.P Takei - Death due to Akari's boldness

Serious-san: We'll remember you.

Sugar-san: I promise I won't forget you!

37