Chapter 114 – Movie Research
947 12 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the news of the goddess accepting the position of Juliet was spread around the school, all of the students cheered in unison.

They all knew that there was no one else capable of portraying such an iconic role better than Akari.

However, Akari made one condition for her participation in the play.

Takei had to, without any objections, be placed into the role of Romeo.

The boys had griped about this condition, but the girls were welcoming Takei wholeheartedly because they wanted to see how lovey dovey he and Akari could get.

Needless to say, everyone that objected just sucked it up and kept quiet.

As a result, both Takei and Akari were now the stars of the play that would happen roughly a few weeks from now.

They would have to go through several acting lessons and choreography lessons before their eventual debut.

The first set of lessons were slated for tomorrow in which Takei and Akari would have to begin practicing with the rest of the cast members.

For now though, Takei and Akari would do some background research on the topic of the play.

Even though both of them had heard the story of Romeo and Juliet countless times, they had decided to watch a movie on it in order to study some more on the subject.

Although, that was just their cover for a romantic movie night that the couple had been wanting to do.

Once school was let out and all of his chores were finished, Takei began to get everything together for the movie night.

He went to the convenience store down the street and got a bag of popcorn with a multitude of snacks and drinks.

Akari was supposed to be over at his house soon, so Takei needed to hurry up and set the mood.

"Aren't you putting a little bit too much effort into this?"

Airi took a break from hungrily destroying her plate of food to gawk at how serious Takei was being.

From her point of view, Takei was stressing too much about just a chill movie night between two people.

Of course, she wouldn't know. She's not a normie like me! Haha, I am the superior being!

Takei inwardly laughed at his sister's ignorance to the ways of a lovestruck normie idiot.

"You'll understand once you become an adult like me~"

He cheerfully teased her while he finished setting up all the preparations.

The living room was now fully converted to an all-out movie theater with snacks and drinks included.

Takei began to admire the beautiful scene in front of him, but a loud chime could be heard throughout the house.

Akari was instructed, beforehand, to ring the doorbell instead of entering with her key because Takei wanted to set the mood correctly.

Feeling a migraine coming on, Airi scrambled to explain herself.

"This single-player campaign game isn't going to finish itself, so give Akari my greetings~"

Airi bolted towards her room with a flimsy excuse in order to not be destroyed by the sugar tsunami.

Although Takei would've been fine with her staying, he was a bit relieved to see her able to read the situation.

Alright, it's showtime!

Takei went towards the entrance of his home and opened the door for Akari.

"Ta-da, I'm here!"

Akari was standing in the doorframe with her arms outstretched as if asking for a hug.

She was dressed up in a comfy black hoodie (that was borrowed from Takei) and some grey leggings that were comfortable and easy to move around in.

The lazy yet cute vibe that was emitted by this outfit immediately stimulated Takei's instincts.

He moved forward and quickly whisked her off her feet in one swift motion.

"!"

Akari was shocked by his sudden decisiveness, but was excited to see where he was going with this.

"Let's sit down and watch the movie, my Juliet."

Takei carried her to the sofa and gently lifted her down onto the soft cushion.

"Ooh, you got my favorite candy too!"

Akari looked extremely delighted after seeing the array of candy on the coffee table next to the couch.

Takei had remembered to get her favorite flavor of licorice when he went to the convenience store earlier, which delighted her to no end.

"Yep, I had to go all out for you."

Even though it was just a simple movie night, Takei had to ensure that everything went perfectly because he wanted Akari to be happy from the very bottom of her heart.

"Okay, let's start watching the movie then."

"Make sure you don't fall asleep, alright? We're also supposed to take notes as well."

"Ugh..."

Takei had forgotten the true purpose of this movie viewing event since he had pushed it to the very back of his mind when trying to set up the movie screening.

They were supposed to take notes of important key points during the story to make sure that they had a solid understanding of the basic concepts behind the storytelling.

"Don't worry, we can always just take notes after the movie. Let's just focus on watching the movie for the first screening."

As if a goddess had descended upon him, Akari resolved his biggest worry before it could be a true nuisance to him.

"Thanks for thinking about that, I thought I was a goner." Takei laughed. "Let's enjoy ourselves, shall we?"

"I'm ready!"

Akari cutely pumped her fists in a way where Takei's heart was pierced mercilessly.

In addition to that cute gesture, she leaned her head onto his shoulder as the movie began to play.

"I'm happy to be by your side, my Romeo."

Needless to say, Takei wasn't able to concentrate on the movie and had to end up rewatching it again.

---

Idiot Couple Meter: 82 -> 85%

They can't even watch a movie correctly... tch.

Serious-san: It's okay, Author-san. You'll become one of us one day.

Sugar-chan: One of us. One of us!

Author-san: These couples are giving me a migraine.

22