Chapter 119 – Premiere
841 11 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With it now being the night of the premiere, all of the actors were standing backstage and were anxiously waiting to step into the limelight.

All of the actors were all dressed up in their outfits that were custom tailored to make the experience for the watchers as surreal as possible.

Takei was all spiffed up in his dashing Romeo outfit, while Akari was stunning the whole cast with her divine beauty.

"Alright everyone, look alive! T-minus five minutes until showtime!"

Hiro walked around backstage and made some final preparations before the show finally started.

Once he confirmed that everything was moving according to plan, he stopped for a brief second to chat with Takei and Akari.

"How are you two faring?"

"Could be better," Takei shrugged.

"Doing just dandy!" Akari replied.

Seeing that the two stars of the show were in a good condition, Hiro smiled and gave them some last words of advice.

"Do your best, you two. I know you guys will do great."

With that, he left with a grand smile that suggested he had wholeheartedly believed in Takei and Akari's success.

"Sheesh, that guy and his newfound confidence. He's expecting a lot from us..."

On the outside, Takei looked unamused at Hiro's sky high expectations about him.

While on the inside, he felt truly proud of Hiro who had worked hard to solidify his identity.

"That just shows how much he trusts you. It's the same for me as well."

With the passionate smile of a maiden who genuinely and wholeheartedly loved her soulmate, Akari reminded Takei of her bottomless amount of trust in him.

As a result of the goddess's divine beauty and show of devotion towards him, Takei turned away from Akari once he realized that his face was burning up.

Akari knew that Takei was being bashful, so she kept on looking at him with an all-knowing grin while a content aura began to spread around her.

"All actors, please move up to behind the curtains and wait for your cue. The show will be starting shortly."

At that cue, all the actors behind the stage put on their game faces and got ready for a beautiful show.

***

For the first act of the show, the play followed the original storyline to a tee.

They introduced the two feuding families, the Montagues and Capulets, and revealed the two main characters.

The ever-so charming Romeo was the son of Montague and was currently feuding with a rival family by the name of the Capulets.

The enchantingly beautiful yet innocent Juliet was the daughter of Capulet and was feuding with the Montagues.

One day, Capulet decides to host a party in order to try and wed his daughter to a respectable man.

Hearing of this party, Romeo and his friends decide to disguise themselves and attend the party.

Once they entered the party, Romeo instantly fell in love at first sight.

It was the same for Takei, who also fell in love once again.

Akari's visage in that dress was so stunning, that one of the other actors had to nudge him to wake up from his stupor.

At the end of the day, I'm in the palm of her hand no matter what, huh?

Following that scene, Takei waited at Akari's window to get a chance to talk with her.

When she appeared at the window, he immediately revealed his feelings to her.

(Notice: Not actual Shakespearean or direct lines from the play)

"Oh my beautiful star, you shine brightest when you smile!"

Sporting a prince-like smile, Takei earnestly conveyed his feelings.

"Oh Lady Juliet, you have captivated my heart. Please make me the happiest man in this world and marry me!"

To add a sense of realism to his act, he infused the words with his own true and genuine feelings.

Akari seemed to sense where he was coming from, and responded in kind as a result.

"Oh Romeo, you are quite dashing and very much the spitting image of a gentleman in my eyes. I would love for no one else to be my husband than you."

With their mutual love for each other confirmed, they agreed to secretly marry the next day.

In secret, they met up the next day at the cell of a priest and get married without anyone knowing.

Although we're just acting, this is some good practice for the future...

Both Takei and Akari were blushing madly during the marriage scene, which was inevitable for the innocent couple that was hopelessly in love with each other.

However, this would be the last time where any happiness is experienced in this series.

As a result of a chain of events, Takei is banished from the land and Akari is forced by her family to wed a man that she didn't love.

Luckily for her however, this forced marriage doesn't end up coming to fruition.

The priest helps Akari out by giving her a sleeping potion which makes her seem dead to everyone around her.

Taking it, Akari falls into a coma and is proclaimed dead and sent to a tomb to be buried.

As a result of this, Takei gets wind of this situation and rushes back home in a hurry.

At this point in the original story, Romeo would've came in and taken his life after mistakenly assuming that Juliet was dead.

After that, Juliet would wake up and take her own life after seeing that Romeo was dead, therefore popularizing the term "star-crossed lovers."

However, this play would take a different turn that diverges from the original story.

Banking off the idiot couple's undying love for each other, Hiro had a feeling that they would execute this perfectly.

In this timeline, Juliet wakes up before Romeo reaches the tomb, therefore cancelling out the misconception about death.

When Takei reaches the tomb, Akari is already waiting there with a gentle smile on her face.

"Romeo..."

"Juliet..."

After the initial shock of seeing each other passes, they run towards one another and warmly embrace each other.

"I missed you so much, my wife."

"O' husband of mine, I believed I missed you much more!"

Without any hesitation to the amount of people watching them, Takei and Akari lightly kissed each other on the lips to show their everlasting love for each other.

Once they finished, Takei immediately set his next plan into motion.

"Hey, Juliet?"

"Yes, Romeo?"

"Let's run away together and live a happy life where we get married, have children, and grow old together. Let's throw away everything here and focus on ourselves. What do you say?"

At such an attractive proposal, Akari had only but one answer.

"Gladly!"

Once he heard her response, Takei swept her off her feet and carried her in a bridal pose.

"Let's go live not for our parents, lineage, or the people around us, but for ourselves. I'll surely make you happy!"

Hearing Takei's strong declaration made Akari incredibly happy.

"I know you will, I'll always believe in you."

Even though he had said it as Romeo, Akari knew he had meant it as Takei as well.

With that last line from Juliet being uttered, they ran off stage and joyous music began to play to signify that the play had reached its conclusion.

"Now let's see what the crowd thinks..." Takei muttered to himself.

---

Idiot Couple Meter: 92 -> 96%

I've always wondered what a good ending to Romeo and Juliet would've been, but Takei and Akari helped me visualize it perfectly.

Next chapter will be end of volume 4.

Serious-san: Where's the seriousness coming?

Sugar-chan: I second this, too much sugar is deadly.

Author-san: Count your blessings...

19